@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Pro-tip for movie watchers: Stop-motions tend to be higher art quality than normal 3D. I should make a list of my favorites and post it in the movie topic!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
Ahh, so exciting!! Great job!!!
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I looked it up and it seems like it might be…. claymation? Something like that.
Yep! It’s stop-motion with lots of different materials. Stop-motions can be less expensive for the filmmakers, but they have to work a lot more.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
thread, not forum :p
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
@artist-peoples-idk
Would anyone be interested in starting an art/illustration critique forum? Just curious, I think it might be fun, but I want to know if other people would want to before I create a new topic. Idk, just an idea. If nobody likes the idea that’s fine.
I can share more of what I had in mind if anyone would like.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
When I say it’s a good horror story, I mean that. There are a lot of thought-provoking horrors out there, usually to represent things gone too far, like dystopias. I think most good horrors are functionally dystopias.
Coraline is about home, courage, and the horrors of wishful thinking. It takes a ‘what if’ and digs into exactly…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
The Village wasn’t that bad, to be honest. It was disturbing, but in more of a thought-provoking way because of the plot.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Aw maaan 😂 I’ve never seen you back down on dramatic ‘dark’ stuff before… *Gives you a side-eye*
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
@raxforge
MarcelMarcel blew air out of his cheeks. He spoke quickly. “And there it is. Please don’t gang up with the rest of the guys who blow stuff up. I’m lucky enough that a couple of them restrain themselves. If you stay chill, I won’t have to fight you. Deal?”
He stuck out his hand for a handshake.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I think the subscription factor can cause this problem even when you tag people, so I’d say, make sure everyone is subscribed.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Are y’all subscribed to the topic? I think it can glitch sometimes and remove your subscription.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Marcel
“I just had a hunch you aren’t a theater kid,” Marcel said, watching him strum the instrument. “It isn’t just you. I have to ask several people questions. You’re willing to answer, or…?”
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Coraline! It’s a classic children’s horror story. The book reads like a fairy tale, and I could gush about the movie for a long time, but I won’t. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
I was told the writing style wasn’t great either.
It’s crass, in a funny way. XD I’ve only read the first book.
Have you read the original Rapunzel? Like, the 100 page narrative? Old, old, old.
I don’t think so. Then again, I know a lot of variations, so I’ve probably read an abridged version at some point.
I’ve nev…
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
One of my characters owns a pizza shop, Duck and Fred’s, and I made the Duck’s Special once. It made me so happy.
Awh cool! that’s so fun!! 🤩💛
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Here ya go
Marcel
Marcel meandered through the morning rush, stuffing his satchel shut and tucking his wings in for less drag.
Since yesterday, he had kept an eye out for the youngest students. The low staff wasn’t helping anything, and there was no way a kid was going to be kidnapped again.
In a matter of hours, the kindergarteners…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic How do your other interests/hobbies bleed into your writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 7 months ago
@elishavet-elroi
Voice-claims! Yes! I got so happy when Sight and Sound’s David came out and the lead actor sounded like one of my characters.
💛💛
Research definitely counts as a hobby. And the food is so important. Have you cooked several of your traditional dishes?
Heh heh, not yet 😅 I’m still learning a lot of basics so it’ll probably be a while…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
So yeah, one could make the argument that the movies are better or the books are better, but they’re so separate from each other it doesn’t really matter.
- Load More
