@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
The Church of Latter Day Saints is the official name for Mormons, right?
That is correct. We don’t really like the nickname though, because it takes away the focus from Christ. Mormon we respect as a great prophet who compiled the plates, but this is the Lord’s church, not his.
So, does the third mean you do not agree with infant…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Ey, I can say something in a round-about way, and it can still be completely logical. But that’s beside the point. I can’t see how any of those “contradictions,” as you put it, discard the infallibility of those passages’ meanings. If the different disciples wrote Jesus’ words with slightly different grammar, that is a matter of m…
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Yeah, I hear that term a lot too… I think it means the leader of the youth group? Although I wouldn’t call our leader a pastor, by any means. He never had to study for it.
My dad is the only pastor, besides a couple retired guys who fill in now and then. What about your church?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
@anyoneandeveryoneunderthesun
Oh my laaaand y’all, I forgot.
Does anyone want to match their character with Marcel? He certainly doesn’t need a date and I can almost guarantee he will not have romantic intentions. But he’s free if anyone wants him. Especially since so many characters have been introduced in the past and most don’t have a smooth…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
XD He’s nothing if not a fair player. Let the blame go where it is due.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 5 months ago
She fixed the posting problems, but I think she forgot about the pics and I’m too nervous to ask 😥
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
The whole lot of y’all are pastor kids, that’s awesome! Do your Dads study ancient Hebrew, modern, or both?
Whoops, forgot about this! My dad studies at least ancient Hebrew to my knowledge 🙂 Yeah, it’s awesome and… interesting XD I’ll cause trouble in my friend group and they’re like, “ain’t you the pastor kid???”
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I’d also like to ask, can you give me your own summary of what you believe, belonging to the Latter-Day Saints? I have a limited knowledge of what y’all believe, and I would like to hear it from your point of view.
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
So why is there so much open endedness, and contradiction though? Even if you could explain away every contradiction, like the one about the staffs, isn’t the mere fact that we need to in the first place a bit odd for something that is meant to be perfect and God breathed in every word? Could you show me that the Bible also e…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I have thoughts 😝 But I need to take a shower first, so like, don’t drive y’all’s trains into walls while I’m gone
See you then!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
The whole lot of y’all are pastor kids, that’s awesome! Do your Dads study ancient Hebrew, modern, or both?
But if their hands wrote mistakes/faults, then how can we know it’s true? If it’s possible that there are many, many mistakes in the Bible simply because it was written by man, then why not deny every bit of Scr…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I had to google a definition of infallible for this, so hopefully I understand what you are talking about. I think that all of the stories and ideas in the Bible are true, but that there is room for error in things like spelling, and errors in translation. For example, Nebuchadnezzar is spelled two different ways in the Old…
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I have thoughts 😝 But I need to take a shower first, so like, don’t drive y’all’s trains into walls while I’m gone
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
We can’t know if it is or not, besides through the faith of the Spirit. But what is the most logical option?
If you take Biblical philosophy and try to find a verse that directly contradicts it, you aren’t going to find anything more than vaguer verses that have open-ended statements, or use a less conventional way of explaining som…
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I’m a Youth Pastor’s kid😂
…Why not though? If an ancient prophet gave an opinion about something, and that’s recorded, does that invalidate the entirety of scripture? We know that prophets and apostles were imperfect men, take Peter, who straight up denied Christ 3 times! I just don’t see why it’s so all or noth…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
So, Chase has two book ideas rolling around… Then that would make The Shyiad kinda like an origin story, explaining the second.
Aaah, got it! Makes sense!!
Yeah, don’t blaim you. The Shyiad is kinda just a coming of age fantasy while the Black Wolf is kinda cryptid genre. And I personally find cryptid stories often go too far.
I don’t mind…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
You’re both mistaking what I’m saying though. I’m not questioning if scripture is inspired by God either, I’m just open to the idea that scripture is written by imperfect hands, and therefore even when inspired by an infallible God, can be mistaken in some ways. Why do we have many gospels of Christ’s life instead of 1? Why do they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Yes, I most certainly am! PASTOR KIDS ROCK
Jkjk, the rest of y’all are great 😆
And I agree, the extra translations in footnotes are super helpful.
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
On the subject of extra scripture… I don’t want to depend on just other people for an understanding on this, but I know a lot of Hebrew and Greek reading pastors and a couple professors.
As my dad explained it, they have studied these other books, and they simply don’t look like Biblical works. It’s kind of like being an artist…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
⬆️⬆️⬆️
@theducktator Yes, precisely!
@trailblazer Good! I always encourage researching, especially when it comes to the Bible. There are sooo many false teachers out there, so it’s always good to do your own research, read lots of Bible, and pray a lot ❤️
- Load More
