@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper You’re good. I understand you’re not trying to be rude <3
What did you do then?? 🤣
We stayed in a place of worship for two hours.
Yes, we sang and prayed and did worship for two hours without a sermon.
It was absolutely A M A Z I N G
y’all…like…I still don’t know what to say about it.
I felt God so close. People were…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Sorry if that came off as rude at all… I’ve always had that thought in the back of my mind whenever someone says something similar. I’m sure you have nice leaders who care about what they’re doing <3
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
This past Sunday, we didn’t even have a sermon because our pastor felt God lead him to not do so even though he wanted to preach so bad!
What did you do then?? 🤣 Not to be that terrible person, but maybe he forgot his sermon notes…? Or was tired?
That probably sounds so rude of me since I don’t know him 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Thanks y’all! I’m feeling okayish enough to read these posts, at least.
I’ve seen mostly non-denoms and Pentecostals… but I haven’t asked a lot of people. I know @godlyfantasy12 has some interesting Pentecostal views but I don’t think she would want a conversation about it.
we’re independent, and that means our beliefs are p…
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
My grandparents (on Dad’s side) are Baptist and have been raised that way as far back as I know, and being in the South, most Christians I meet are Baptist, so I’m pretty familiar with Baptist beliefs…but I could still learn a whole lot more for sure!
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I went to a church at a camp recently that I think was Non-Denominational. It was fun, but I was kind of confused by the lack of structure. XD
Understandable. Non-Denominational churches tend to be more lenient on how we do things, haha. This past Sunday, we didn’t even have a sermon because our pastor felt God lead him to not do so…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Oh, I forgot the Anglicans! Sorry😅 I know a few Episcopos that are pretty cool. Yeah, I’ve found Anglicans interesting because they’re a unique combination of Protestant and Catholic.
My dad says Non-Denominationals are essentially Baptists by another name. XD
That’s how I’ve always understood them yeah. They just have a specific…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
it’s also interesting with my church though, because we’re renting it, basically.
The church building actually belongs to a Messianic Jewish church who use it on Saturday morning, we use it on Sunday Morning, and an African Pentecostal Church uses it on Sunday afternoons.
So it’s really interesting/fun to see all of us using the same building <3
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom Ty for understanding and for your kindness <3
I’m still here to kindly discuss things if anyone would like, just not for debate 😊
@theducktator Youth Group can be fun for sure! I have also gone to a more local church’s youth group (my actual church is 1 hour away from us, and we tend to have to be there at 9 AM on Sundays for…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
what I said above is my church specifically, btw
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@theducktator I have never met an Anglican; that’s actually really cool!
Wellll, ok, it really depends on the Non-Denominational church.
I would say the church I attend is probably closer to Baptist, but there are also many variations of Baptist churches.
Simply put, a Non-Denominational church is a church that doesn’t belong to a specific…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Website is Up!!!! in the forum Publishing & Platform 2 years, 5 months ago
@kyronthearcanin cool!
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Website is Up!!!! in the forum Publishing & Platform 2 years, 5 months ago
@trailblazer Ooh yes those are so good!!
@keilah-h Thanks! Same here, lol. I haven’t been on the Reb in a while but I believe my next article should be up on the 26th.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I would agree with you on the point of baptism. All of the examples of baptism I can think of in the Bible are adults who have chosen to believe in the Messiah.
♥
After some prayer and some reflection, I kindly request that we leave this debate where it stands.
I’ve been thinking on it too much, and truthfully g…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Website is Up!!!! in the forum Publishing & Platform 2 years, 5 months ago
@kyronthearcanin You’re welcome!
oh and that article is awesome. Makes me wonder if I’ve gone too far in some recently picked up obsessions, but TBH that’s how I always feel when I read articles about pacing yourself and having a filter on your media, so don’t feel at fault for messing me up. If anything, I probably needed it, and am now…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
@rae what’s wrong with cryptid stories? Not that I’m defending them. I don’t even know what they are besides stories of someone looking for a mysterious animal.
Maybe don’t look them up if you find so much dark stuff, and write the story a different way, looking at something else for inspiration. “Adventurer/journalist discovers a scary,…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @theducktator @freed_and_redeemed @trailblazer
I am interested in this and I was ready to talk. Alas, I caught a nasty bug ten minutes after my last comment – no joke, I felt it wash over me super quickly – and I have a tendency to stay up all night whenever I’ve caught something.
Sooo I’ve been up for more than twenty-four hours…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 5 months ago
Frin: When people tell me, “You’re going to regret that in the morning,” I sleep until noon because I’m a problem solver.
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@trailblazer @whalekeeper @theducktator
Trailblazer is 100% right about what she said about Youth (although my church’s youth group is comprised of, like, maybe 6 kids on a regular basis??? And three of those are me and my siblings😅)
I am curious like Trailblazer, tbh! What kind of churches do y’all belong to? (and Trailblazer, too, what about…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
After some prayer and some reflection, I kindly request that we leave this debate where it stands.
I’ve been thinking on it too much, and truthfully gives me an ounce of stress I don’t need right now.
It’s also obvious that neither of us are going to change our stance, and KP isn’t the place to debate theology (in my opinion)…[Read more]
- Load More
