@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
You believe in me when I can’t believe in myself.
Not to downplay Ellette’s opinion 😅 I didn’t really mind this part. To me, when I read this part, it’s more about the value of self-worth. You need people to believe in you, even if you can’t sometimes. I have low self-esteem sometimes and I need my mom to put me back on track. If we tell o…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
@anyone
Chapter 11
Wolves
“Sef?”
Sef looked up from sweeping the floor, and saw Neveah standing in the doorway.
“What is it?”
“We’re forgetting something,” Neveah smiled wryly.
“Forgetting something?” Sef repeated, confused.
“Yes. We’re forgetting to think of names for the child.”
A knot of anger grew in Sef’s stomach.
“We’re going to…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fairytale AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I forgot about this. I might join if it gets started, but I don’t have any ideas for what to do next.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
This phrasing sounds a bit awkward.
I’m cringing…
WHYYY
apparently I didn’t edit it as well as I thought…
Ooops yeah I’ll fix that.
That’s a lot of “that”s.
NOOOO I’M CRINGING AGAIN
what was I thinking?!? I just committed a crime…to use the same word three times in a sentence…how could I?!?!
By this point, you’ve managed to conv…
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@theshadow @anyone
~ Mentions of several sensitive topics all at once, sensitive people should not read ~
I really want to give an example of a too-dark story idea so Shadow doesn’t feel too bad about the atomic bomb idea.
I know a girl who is writing a fanfic love story. In it, the guy gets sent to war before making a proposal. Many of his…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Thanks that makes me feel a little better!
And I know it’s weird that I’m only 14 and are writing about this kind of stuff…
And what’s even more strange is that I was never ever exposed to violence or horror movies or bad books as a young child. So at eight years old when I started writing about slavery and…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
This is still a serious topic though, I agree with you. I’ve seen darker on this website from a graphic perspective. Not to attack Godly, but she once posted a roleplay with a rather disgusting abuse description. I had to skip over it for my little sisters.
The abuse topic is strange to me. I feel almost numb to it because we’ve talked…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
I didn’t mind that new revelation because it was barely mentioned. It goes right over a little kid’s head. And a Pythonos/Payne baby is an interesting challenge.
But I understand @keilah-h because the age at which you learned about these things makes a difference. If a teen writer is new to real-world dark stuff, they like to…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
I have been reading the chapters you’ve been posting but I just haven’t really had any comments cuz I’m bad at critiquing :p they’re all really good, though.
I can’t say I agree with Keilah, either.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Okay, here we go for chapter 7.
too unfortunate to get out of their path.
This phrasing sounds a bit awkward. I had to parse through it in my head for a second to get it. Something like “unfortunate enough to be in their path” might work a bit better.
that that cart that was now a pile of ashes, could have been him.
That’s a…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
Y’all…I have to hurry up and post the next chapters so you don’t think I’m just a psychopath teenager…
heh..heh…
Chapter 9
Strange Magic
Lilitu stood at the edge of Farnbron Brook, trying—and failing— not to gag.
The smell was especially bad tonight.
It was always worse during the warmer months, and now it was the middle of sum…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 2 months ago
If you don’t mind me asking, are you over 16??
Ummmmmm
…
…
…
I’m 14 and don’t turn 15 until September…
…
I hope I’m correct in assuming that the book will be 16+ as well because oof……that may be the darkest thing I’ve ever seen on this site……
I don’t think I’m going to have it be 16+, more like 14+ since that’s how ol…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Anyone who wants to follow me on pinterest click this link (I have a private account so the only people that follow me or can message me have to click the link)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you so much!! I’m glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, I’m dyslexic, and I told my parents that if I found fewer than fifty editing things I’d be okay lol. I’ve read through the book and saw those errors too, but figured it wouldn’t be worth republishing over since it’s not as many as I thought.
I have at least three books planned, but t…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed your book is next. Lol.
@ellette-giselle you have published books too right? Where can I get them?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@kyronthearcanin I bought your book!! I finished it a few minutes ago. It was AMAZING. There were a couple of editing errors, but honestly I could look past those. How many do you have planned for the series, and when do you think the next one will be coming out?
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Yay!! I love it!!
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@esther-c @mineralizedwritings @rae @savannah_grace2009 @smiley @keilah-h @ellette-giselle @koshka @grcr @theducktator @highscribeofaetherium @anyone-else-idk-lol
I (finally) made a Pinterest account! Even if y’all don’t have Pinterest, you can check it out here(just delete the space after the h; I know KP doesn’t like links, so😂):
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Sniper
Fairy had done some fine work, in my opinion. The creature fell at her feet, dead.
Silvanis came to her and kissed her forehead suddenly, lookin’ up at us, startled, when he remembered he wasn’t alone. “Uh, you guys didn’t see that.”
I chuckled. “No judgement ‘ere, mate. I’m sure we’ve all done somethin’ similar.”
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @ellette-giselle ooh your blurbs are nice!
- Load More
