@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint ok! I don’t have a lot of fantasy soundtrack suggestions, most of my go-tos sound more modern, but if I come to a point in the story that I think a song I listened to fits with, I’ll post it!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle LOL the tool meme
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator @freed_and_redeemed @whalekeeper @esther-c @theshadow @grcr
Crosshair
His eyes slowly opened to see stone walls.
Not an Imperial facility. Not his home, either.
But something tugged at his memory, like he’d been here before.
He sat up. “Feather?” he called, his scratchy voice echoing down the hallways. His wife didn’t respond.…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@freed_and_redeemed @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper Gonna have to go with your point of view here….
Think of Lord of the Rings or The Green Ember. These stories don’t have explicitly Christian themes or even mention the existence of God much, although it’s kinda implied. But they were written by authors who wished to show a deep truth–the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle ikr? I was kinda surprised when that was the song that came up when I clicked the link but I’m not complaining haha
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
Banjos don’t sound exactly like that but I honestly wouldn’t mind hearing a banjo cover of that song. Let me see if I can find one.
ok I was just listening to one and it’s low quality but sounds HEAVENLY.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@linus-smallprint OOH I LOVE THAT SONG.
It’s got Spanish roots and I love that because that’s where my family came from (well, my parents are Puerto Rican and I was born in America, but still)
when we actually went to Spain earlier this year there were a couple guys playing that genre of song in an alleyway and it was so cool.
-
Esther replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@loopylin @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings
Yeah, I mean, I personally prefer that whoever I’m talking to would make eye contact as well, or at least try to. But as long as they’re not like, staring at the floor or clearly not even looking at me, then I’m not offended or anything.
I do believe consistently making eye contact takes practice and i…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh, yeah, I’m gonna sit out again 😑 sorry, everyone, that I’ve kinda just not been participating. I don’t have any good excuses :p
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Also like, if you said Gospel-thematic stories were the only good stories… you’re cutting out a whole lot of stories. Stories can be chill, they don’t have to carry the whole fate of the world on their backs. Should I attack a puzzle mystery show for not including a biblical message? You might as well critique every human-made thing with the same…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
So, as I said, I’m just debating the opposite side from you, so I most likely do not believe what I’m saying. In fact, I’m personally more inclined to agree with your side.
Alriiiiight *cracks knuckles* Hopefully this makes sense (:-P)
I agree that sometimes a gospel storyline can feel forced when added randomly into a plot, but it just h…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
girl I thought you seriously dissagreed what I said. I’m not used to you responding to discussions with such short answers and I’m used to ‘touching a nerve’ meaning like…
I’ve been stressing about it sm today LOL
I gasped out loud when you said that 😮 Oh no… I’m so sorry I came off that way! I replied quickly because I h…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I think there’s a place for stories that present the Gospel, but also stories that may not necessarily present the Gospel. God calls us to all write different things, and honestly? I think that’s what’s most beautiful about these Christian writing communities and what each of us write
Exactly! If we were all writing the same…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Thinking about my opinions on this topic just a few months ago…y’all, I’m so glad God is helping me grow XD
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings I love how we can all peacefully discuss our different opinions on this💖
Y’all are the best : )
I agree with you, Min! Writing God in a story is difficult, and it makes it even harder depending on the genre you write. I don’t think all books have to have God be explicitly stated or mentioned or even…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
XD painfully relatable is what I was going for! Yep, he needs his bestie.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae @whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed @anyone else in the discussion
Mind if I add my two cents about God in stories?
Writing God into a story is really really hard, and it’s not something I would want to mess up. It can go well, or it can go badly. A lot of you here are familiar with the wingfeather saga, which was written by a Christian, but I…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed
I love this😭😭 so well put and so true.
That’s part of the reason why I write such deeper, even darker stories too. I think it’s something that needs to be addressed more. Cheers to you, girlie💖
Awww thank you guys 😭😭💗
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Of course! By the way, I didn’t mean to sound like I disagree with anything you said. When I said you touched nerves, I meant those thoughts felt very applicable to second-hand pain I have… kind have gone through? Through empathy? Your experience is ten times more direct than mine 😅 I’m thankful to hear your perspective.
*gasps with…[Read more]
-
freedom posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
Editing has to be the most grueling part of the writing process 💀🫠
- Load More

Most recent edited snippet:
Leon set the plate and utensil aside on a counter.
How was he supposed to say what he had to say without sounding ungrateful? How was he supposed to explain the burning anger that still pulsed through his veins in a way they would understand?
Riker stood. “…This doesn’t have to change anything. I helped Leon this…[Read more]