@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
That’s nothing. I was gone for only three hours earlier and there were four more pages when I got back.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Good point!
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, more melodies on extra strings would just take more skill practice and concentration. That’s a great limit to the magic system because it would require study.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I think it makes sense? lol. Yeah, I get what you mean. If that’s the case, harp—which is similar to piano, in my understanding—could have the potential to have many voices but a lot of times is used to play chords (at least, with the left hand.) Same with guitar. Violin, two strings aren’t normally played but it isn’t uncommon. Lots of t…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Eh, it is a bit vague, but what I’ve sort have been imagining is that a Voice has to be a melody line of some sort to generate a String. The individual movement of the music is what allows the String to move, and the notes of a chord are kind of locked together in a way that doesn’t allow that. It makes sense in my head, but maybe i…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What's new around here? < 3 in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 11 months ago
I’m finally getting back into a schedule!! And, I’ve started working more on writing. I have a WIP series now too, which makes me so excited!! This will be my first serious-going-to-be-published book. At least, if that’s God’s will.
That’s so exciting!! That would be amazing!!
By the way, how does RP work? How do write a story that way?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Where is the line between a chord and just playing more than one note at a time? How does this change the Strings?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Marcel —- Edge of Deepwild
Marcel didn’t think long about the questions the girl asked, since every one of them confused and irked him. He still felt half asleep, wisps of color blowing out from behind him and waving at the night sky. He met all of their eyes and backed up, so the four people stood in a circle. “Li…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I don’t know much about harps, although from what I understand, they seem like the closest thing to a piano in the string family, so, yeah, they should be pretty good. Guitars are good at chords, which since they consist of multiple notes should technically mean that it manifests multiple Strings, but I may want to treat chords a bit…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, three strings would be interesting. I think violin is a good option, but something similar to a guitar or small harp would be even better.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle 😭😭😭
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks!
Yeah, I don’t know violin very well, but I have heard that. (I’ve also heard it can do three but that it would be even harder.) However, Ilahna actually hasn’t used her violin yet. As a quirk of the magic system, she literally has more than one voice, so she’s actually singing four parts at once. The exact number of Voi…[Read more]
-
hybridlore and
Ellette Giselle are now friends 1 year, 11 months ago -
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@jonas By the way, I also love the magic that Ilahna has. Super creative. And yes, violins can usually only play two strings at once, but it is slightly harder than playing one. You can play a brief chord on 2+ strings but it is staggered… if that makes sense, meaning you will technically only be playing two strings at one time. Idk if that…[Read more]
-
freedom changed their profile picture 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Rina —— (Elderstrand)
Rina furrowed her brow as the two began to bicker. Her sword slowly degraded into fragments, which fell to the ground.
“Seriously, what’s going on here?” she repeated. “And as a matter of fact, where is here?”
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@loopylin @whalekeeper @hybridlore
Ellis —— (Edge of Deepwild)
They’re hopefully not robbers? Soulmight repeated. Wouldn’t she know?
Ellis, as usual ignored the sword. “Good,” Ellis said, waiting for the owners of the voices to appear. “So, am I.”
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Have you guys tried homemade apple butter spread?
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Apple noodles? Whaaaaaaat are those?
- Load More
