@abigail-m
Active 5 months, 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1242
-
Koshka replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Ugh, yes. That is one sad thing about being American; we never had much of a medieval age. Of course, we also never had Roman occupation so there is that. =]
Ah yes Emma. (How did I forget about her?) She does become a side MC in the last book. S. D. Smith did a good job with his characters.
Hmm, I think I would also like a…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@not-so-secret-assassin
So haven’t finished the first book as mentioned before, but my dad gave me the first one and said it was one of the most highly rated Christian Fantasy’s which obviously is my genre, and that I def needed to read it so I scooped it up and it is on ma bookshelf! I think the world is honestly really cool along with the sto…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Something Really Bad Happened guys. (not clickbait) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 4 years, 8 months ago
Also, if you just want to skip to the second chapter to read what i wrote, you can. You don’t need to read the first chapter to understand the second chapter.
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Something Really Bad Happened guys. (not clickbait) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 4 years, 8 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @gretald @elishavet-pidyon @koshka @anatra23 @joy-caroline @devastate-lasting @elfwing @elanor @e-k-seaver @trahia-the-minstrel @william-starkey @abigail-m @thelobsterlover @gracie-j @r-m-archer @power @kathleenramm @morgan @godlyfantasy12 @anyone-else-who-wants-to-bash-my-writing…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin started the topic Something Really Bad Happened guys. (not clickbait) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 4 years, 8 months ago
Hey yo, not-so-secret fam!
Contrary to popular belief, I actually DO write from time to time. And it’s actually REALLY GOOD. No cap. Like, Tolkien’s got nothing on me. C.S. Lewis? He came back from the dead JUST to get my autograph. And Shakespeare has been real quiet ever since I have started writing. And that’s a FACT.
Anywaaaays. I’m gonna…[Read more]
-
Not-So-Secret Secret Assassin replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for helping me understand a bit better!
Also, sorry if I sounded a bit “un-gracious” there, but I guess what I meant wasn’t anything against the author, but the story. (I’m also a terrible writer, and it would indeed be bad news for me if the notion of improvement didn’t exist). So to rephrase: If the characters, world, an…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
For writing, I prefer researching earlier centuries such as the 9th-15th. Once firearms enter the scene I lose much of my interest. However, I do like researching and recreating clothing from the Victorian age.
Helmer, Whitby, Harmony, and Wilfred. I do like the MCs, especially Heather, but some of those side characters are…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Tag me if you post it on KP! My favorite character was always Beth, but Jo definitely comes next, and Laurie’s somewhere up there too. Jane Eyre is interesting. Some of my family love it, and I enjoyed it, but it’s not one of my favorites.
No trouble worth mentioning. Actually, thank you for a good laugh. I drew this two years…[Read more]
-
Faith Q. replied to the topic Have you ever considered writing under a pseudonym, and why or why not? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, I did. Well, my full name is Faith Elizabeth Quelle, and I go by both Faith Elizabeth and Faith Quelle (Faith Elizabeth is my writing name), and I’ve broadcasted that enough that anyone wanting to find it out would, so there are no security reasons involved. But when I was younger, I thought I’d write under the name Vierra F.…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I am Koshka, a homeschooled nerd who writes Medieval Fantasy and sometimes historical fiction. I also happen to be INFP-T.
You asked for questions? Well then, here we go! (My answers in here)
Have you ever drawn a character from a classic? (I’ve drawn Hanna from Jane Eyre)
If you could have any animal,…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Seems I'm here in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hi! It’s nice to meet you! I’m Annabelle, and I’m a thirteen-year-old fantasy writer. You can check me out on my blog, https://annabelle.batie.com.
That’s cool that you like to draw! Since you offered, do you think you could draw my MC, Maria? If you want to, then I can give you a description of her.
What are some of your…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
I definitely wasn’t bored! I love hearing about that kind of thing. If it helps, my fight scene is in a wedding hall with lots of pillars and rather in the roof. It’s single combat. The girl is agile, fit, and well-trained in knife fighting; and the boy is also fit, but can’t move as fast because he’s not as good at acrobatics and athleti…[Read more]
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks! My friend drew it because I can’t draw to save my life haha.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Just imagine. . . in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
*Deep curtsey*
Hello, I am Koshka, a somewhat prolific, if cautious, devourer of books, historical enthusiast, and general homeschooler. I write Medieval Fantasy, sometimes historical fiction, and a smattering of poetry. I also like to draw (when I have time) and talk about books (if I can find someone to listen).
Ooo, I love…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks! I don’t think we’ve met before, but I really love your cover picture. That’s such a cute art style!
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Now I want to read your climax. Sounds cool!
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Huh, I didn’t know that. Well now I’m sad about Star Wars. Thanks for the answer though.
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Since you’re offering …😁😉
How could a teenage girl with an abundance of knives beat a teenage boy with a sword and shield? This is important for a climax of mine, but I want it to be realistic.
Also, do you watch Shadiversity? The comment about the lightsabers made me wonder …
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
And yeah, you’re definitely keeping your priorities straight. Books are most important.
(p.s. I don’t scare my friends by threatening them with weapons or anything. I just find them so cool that it freaks my friends out a little)
-
Natalie C. replied to the topic Any Questions About Weapons or Battle in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
Totally not just a guy thing. I’m a girl, and I love weapons, like to the point that it scares my friends, and my boyfriend gave me a knife that he made as a gift. I have questions about this all the time, so I will definitely be back here.
First question. Why is a lightsaber a terrible weapon?
- Load More
