Your favorites of KP?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Your favorites of KP?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    E. M. Trepke
    @e-m-trepke
      • Total Posts: 145

@kathleenramm

If they’re comfortable and open, it would be wonderful to get their insights and understanding for an article on the subject!

I’ve heard from Autistic people online that autism is often misconstrued in media like books and movies. It’s one of many topics that a simple google search isn’t enough for. So if they are cool with it, an article on the subject with their insights would be awesome!

If I was to do this, I would need more specifics of what people need/want to know.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?
      -The Doctor

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2637

So maybe what we need is an article on how to do proper research?

I personally don’t need much research myself (mostly a ‘write what you know’ kind of motto, for me), but lots of writers want to incorporate mental disabilities or various kinds of abuse into their characters’ backstories. I’m not saying they’re doing it wrong – because I’m no expert – but for me, there’s a lot of hesitance when addressing these topics in writing, or reading, for that matter. Maybe someone could even write an article listing common cliches or pitfalls when writing about these topics?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      >