You get to be one of your characters for a day. Who would you be and why?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week You get to be one of your characters for a day. Who would you be and why?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

You get to be one of your characters for a day. Who would you be and why?

Okay, so pretty much all my characters have pretty tragic lives so this is not an easy answer. But that being said, there is one character that I do think would be fun to be for a day.

Her name is May and she’s a bounty hunter along with her brother.

I’d like to be her for a day because she and her brother, (along with getting into a lot of trouble), have a lot of fun. She’s spontaneous, has some pretty sick marital arts skills, fox painted nails, and an awesome brother that sticks by her side no matter what.

So what about you? Which one of your characters would you like to be for a day and why?

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@kathleenramm Just one day? Lit.

Uhm.

Hoen Matthias. He’s warlord of the south, lives near the beach, can make anything that he’s seen before. Oh, to be ridiculously rich and to live a comfortable life…and also essentially no tragic backstory that I can think of just yet…it’d be kinda lonely though. At least I’ll have time to write.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

ella
        @nova21
          • Total Posts: 604

@kathleenramm

Ooo, fun idea!!  Let’s see…  None of my characters in Lioness are very fun/nice/not-scarred (heh heh 😬), so I’d probably be someone from As Dark As Mist and Shadow.  I think I’d be Murin, because she’s an awesome spy with an awesome sidekick who lives in an awesome place with an awesome attitude.  And she rides horses all the time.  Yep, I’d definitely be her. 😆

what we do in life echoes in eternity
          -gladiator, 2000

Kads
          @scripter-of-kingdoms
            • Total Posts: 765

Wow, this is a hard question… I have so many interesting characters imo! I’d probably pick, if I had to choose, either Faye or Kadotake. They’re both from diff stories, but I’ll describe them. 🙂

Faye, as her name suggests, is a fairy (!!!). A pixie, to be more precise. (And yes she has a pixie cut.) She’s one of my MC’s bodyguards!! I’d prob pick her because she’s just awesome and kicks butt! She’s a feminist and always stands up for what she believes in, and her ultimate priority is protecting Bren.

Kadotake is actually my Artemis Fowl persona, but I’ve also developed her into a character. She’s a billionaire, criminal genius, and is super smart and makes a lot of – might I say – foul puns. 😉 Who wouldn’t want to be her, honestly? She owns one of the richest companies in all Eurasia too, and manages to help take down Koboi (for you Artemis Fowl fans).

And yes she is my web alias.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Kads.

staring at the fields
            if nothing's really real
            i'll make the winter now my home

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@kathleenramm

Honestly, I think I’d be Temira. Even though she has a pretty tough life (understatement lol), she’s such a strong woman. I’d like to know what it would be like to have her kind of courage. Also, she does have a great brother!

Katherine
              @mkfairygirl
                • Total Posts: 549

@kathleenramm I think I would choose my MC, Rosalie. She’s a princess and a good leader. She cares about her people and her country and will do anything to defend them. Plus, Rosalie is a fairy and I would LOVE it so much to be a fairy for the day (not to mention a fairy princess😉).

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                Fall in love with Jesus

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216
                  • Total Posts: 1011

@kathleenramm

Same, girl, same… None of my characters have ‘happy’ lives at the moment lol.

I would most likely choose my MC’s best friend, Alana. She lives with her tribe in a rural village on the outskirts of the kingdom, with her grandmother. Alana is a reindeer shepherdess, and is very tomboyish and retains a positive outlook on just about everything. And because of her bubbly, exuberant personality, she has teleportation powers. But, on the flip side, she can also be super sincere and a great listener.

Alana and my MC, Caira, have a very sisterly relationship 💗 🙂

Scoutillus Finch
                  @scoutfinch180
                    • Total Posts: 413

@kathleenramm

I too have a hard time deciding… But I think I’d choose Cassie… on a happy day where she can go swimming and ride horses. She’s a princess who is betrothed to a guy she wants to love and hasn’t a good home-life… and she’s part of some obscure prophecy I haven’t figured out… but she is a sweet girl who loves to swim and is a VERY good swimmer and lives in this amazing castle that is on a headland overlooking the ocean. It also helps that her future husband turns into a dragon and he can take her on flights, and when she gets married, she lives in a another awesome castle in the middle of a lake. And she’s not as scared of heights as I am. She also is fairly at ease in social situations — but, alas, she struggles to pick up on idioms and rhetorical questions.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Wyn Rose
                    @wyn-rose
                      • Total Posts: 57

@kathleenramm

Hmmm… most of my characters from my current WIP definitely don’t have great lives, so I’d probably choose this young orphan girl (whose name I’m still working on) from a fantasy novel I will hopefully get around to writing in the future. She’s really energetic, sweet, and a lot fun (often unlike me in some ways 🙂 ). She also gets to spend time travelling across the country with another character I really like but wouldn’t want to be, and eventually with a group of awesome characters. I wouldn’t want to be in her shoes for her entire journey, but it’d be so fun to spend a day as her (on a good day)!

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j
                        • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 Wait. A reindeer shepherdess??? #coolestjobever

@kathleenramm
                        At the risk of being redundant…my characters all have really bad lives. As in, death is the tip of the iceberg. Therefore, selecting a character to actually be is a difficult question. Also, do I want to be that character for who they are, or for what they do, who they’re related to, where they live, etc.? For example, I would love to be Unnamed Character From Idea I Came Up With a Couple Days Ago because she lives in Scotland. I would also love to be Lady Samantha, because she is just the coolest person ever (she’s a marchioness in her own right, duchess by marriage, and just fabulous). I would also like to be Eloisa, because I absolutely adore her love interest and would totally love to be her position. I would also like to be Joanna, because she is perhaps one of my all-around best heroines ever.

But if I really just had to choose, it’d be Rina. Not because of what she is or who she’s related to or what she does…but because I love her heart and her spirit and I quite honestly wish I could have her strength and inner beauty. She’s a better person than I could ever be–she sees the good in everyone, strives to help and love and encourage even her enemies, loves unconditionally, and is so full of peace. (Oh my gosh, I can’t believe I just said all that mushy stuff about Rina. She will never forgive me. She’s also going to hate me for robbing her of all this goodness in her next book…)

Well, I feel like a good mother for once. I (1) said something nice about a character, (2) recognized them as being more than something I can crush into a million pieces, and (3) gave her a reason to believe in herself, even though I’m about to destroy her confidence in everything and ruin her entire life forever.

Nope. Still a bad charrie mom.

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alexa Autorski
                        @writerlexi1216
                          • Total Posts: 1011

@gracie-j

Yup!! She lives in a rural, earthy village named Gressan, which sort of reminds me of a Scottish countryside. And they have a lot of reindeer there (not, like, the flying ones or anything lol) #coolestjobever

Libby
                          @libby
                            • Total Posts: 59

@kathleenramm May is a… bounty hunter?  and has martial art skills?  and a loyal brother?  She sounds like such a fun person to be ^.^

It’s hard to choose one character to be, I feel like each one of them has a huge chunk of me in them, twisted in a different way of course, and it would be fascinating and a little frightening to be what I’ve created.

I think if I had to choose one of my characters to beI’d choose Gail.  She is gentle, as the name suggests, tending toward timidity, but one of the most compassionate people I have ever known (well, I feel like I know her, haha).  But she feels things so deeply and responds to life with quiet grace and strength.  And she wears plaids and bandanas in muted blues and greys (not that that counts for much ; )).  I wish I could meet her in real life, I admire and respect and love her so much.  But I’m also curious to step into Asa’s shoes (guy, so it’d be a bit different) and just live with the hard, yet amazing struggle he’s in.  That would be so… meaningful, so fulfilling.  And so difficult, haha, but if it’s for one day… : )

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Abigail.M.
                            @abigail-m
                              • Total Posts: 1242
                              Abigail.M.
                              @abigail-m

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Those are awesome characters, I especially like Faye:)

Abigail.M.
                                @abigail-m

@libby

Those sound like great characters! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >