Y’ello! 😁

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Y’ello! 😁

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@ava-blue. Okay, I have an idea for Muri, so that’s what I’m going for. 😉 I hope you’ll like it! 😀

Ava Blue
      @ava-blue
        • Total Posts: 216

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! And if you want I could always give you a story prompt 🙃 Working on Riker now 👍

oh sorry I didn’t see your last post XD I am so excited to read it ahhhh =D  I hope you have a blast writing it!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Ava Blue.

that a northern wind
        would cool my skin
        and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. EPIC! I CAN’T WAIT!!!! 😁😁😁

IT’S SO MUCH FUN!!! And hehe, I think I might be done already. It’s short! PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know if you want something different or if you don’t like it! I want you to like it! 🙂

Anywho, here it is! (Sorry if it’s not very good for your book. I don’t know too much about your book yet. I hope you like it tho…but if you don’t I totally understand Girl! Don’t worry about hurting my feelings. :>)

An Ocean’s View

I hope you enjoy it! It’s about 736 words long.

Let me know if you want something different, girl! I hope you like it tho! <3

The boat drifted and bounced on the waves. The line went back out into the water, as the Bouey floated to the top.

Hopefully it wasn’t another kraken, Muri thought silently.

Not that she was afraid of krakens. They’d almost become…companions, in some ways. Made her feel not so alone.

But did they make her feel small? Absolutely.

But the ocean itself did that. Maybe she shouldn’t have been out so far.

But the ocean made her feel…safe.

Safer than she had felt in years.

A tug, and Muri was reeling a fish in.

If she caught just three more fish, she’d be set.

She quickly reeled the fish in and put it in the box with the others.

Yep.

The ocean made her feel small.

The krakens made her feel not so alone.

“Another one, Muri?”

Too bad she wasn’t alone.

She turned around to face Will.

He gave her a grin. “Soon, you’ll be set to head home.”

“…Yeah.” Muri responded quietly, turning back around.

She didn’t want to talk more.”

Not that she didn’t like him.

He was caring and kind. But he didn’t understand the fishing game the same way she did. Besides, fishing gave her quiet time to think, that is, until he came around.

“Do you come out here to escape?” He asked quietly.

If he wanted to hide in the village, his accent would betray him.

Such a Yankee.

There were rumors that in the far east, there was a war that was beginning to come to some sort of close.

It had been bloody, people had said.

Will said he knew just how bloody it had been.

She glanced over at him. A missing arm testified to the fact that he had been there.

“No. I just need money.”

“Hey. You can talk to me.”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Just no.”

“Well…then…could you at least give me an answer? A truthful one?”

Muri shook her head. “I said, no. That’s the truth. I need money.”

Will looked out at the waters around them, grabbing his fishing rod. “Maybe that’s what you tell yourself and everyone else…but that may not be entirely true.”

Muri let out the line again.

What did he know?

He had only met her a week ago.

They barely talked.

Besides, he was a Yankee that had fought in war.

What did he know about Ireland, or fishing, or escaping the past?

He knew nothing about her.

Nothing about her past.

And Muri was going to keep it that way.

Better to stay safe and away then close and in danger of losing someone else, her past painfully reminded.

Will had lapsed into silence, but then, softly, he spoke, “The ocean gives you a different view of things, doesn’t it?”

She glanced out at the blue and emerald waters, as their waves bounced and roared.

She took in a breath of refreshing, salty sea air.

Yes, Ireland was beautiful.

But not as beautiful as the ocean that surrounded it.

On land, everything was always so busy.

Within the past few decades, even the past few years, the entire world had become busier, faster, and so…different.

But the ocean…it stayed the same. Even as Muri matured, as Muri grew up, as Muri’s life changed drastically from one moment to the next, the ocean still stayed where it was.

Stayed just as slow and beautiful as it had always been.

And maybe that was why Muri liked it so much.

It was quiet.

Slow.

And it brought something so…strange to her, after all these years.

Peace.

“It almost makes you feel like when you’re out here…absolutely nothing could ever change again. It makes everything finally feel…okay. Right?”

Muri turned around and looked back at Will.

“It does.”

“It makes you look at the world differently too. The ocean makes you feel so small, compared to it. Maybe an ocean view is just what everyone in the world needs.”

Muri smiled faintly. “Maybe so.”

An Ocean’s View could make anyone, everyone, feel so small.

It brought peace to Muri.

Maybe it could bring peace to the world, too.

And maybe…just maybe, a different view could change everything.

“Maybe an ocean’s view is what we all need.”

Muri nodded.

“Maybe so.”

KattheWriter
          @katthewriter
            • Total Posts: 103

@ava-blue

Hi 👋

I’m Kat! Welcome to the community!

Did you draw your prfpic? I love it! I’m an artist and graphic designer.  I also love reading,  training horses, and I manage the KP Pinterest

I hope you love it here 😀

Some questions –

If you could go back in time and meet any author who would it be?

What’s your favorite aesthetic?

If you could have any wild animal as a pet,  what would it be and why?

Never turn your back on a truce, because no one hesitates on an open opportunity to strike.

Ava Blue
            @ava-blue

@freedomwriter76 OH MY GOOOOOSHHH I LOVE IT TYSMM 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 I love your writing! Dude, I gave you so few details yet you wrote her so accurately HOW 🤪 That’s almost exactly how I write her holy cow! I really really love it thank you! I feel like my drawing pales in comparison lol

Well, here he is! I really hope you’re happy with him, if not it’s totally fine and I could draw him again! This honestly did not take me that long 😉 I tried to get him as close to the reference as possible, but he looked pretty different after I inked him in 😛  I just guessed on the colors for the uniform, so I hope they’re accurate 😅

Riker - for FreedomWriter76 - by Ava Blue

that a northern wind
              would cool my skin
              and fill my lungs again

Ava Blue
              @ava-blue

@katthewriter Howdy, Kat! Nice to meet you 🙃 That’s so cool that you’re an artist! What kind of things do you make? Sorry, I don’t know much about graphic design 😅 And yes, I did draw my pfp! It’s a picture of Muri, one of my MCs. And you train horses =D AWESOME! My best friend just got her second horse and she’s going to teach me to ride! She’s a white appaloosa named Pumpkin.

Also, I would probably like to meet Jack London. He had a pretty interesting life and he’d probably have some sound advice on bushcraft haha

I have so many favorite aesthetics, idk which one to choose 😟 I really like any nature related aesthetic, especially campcore and cryptidcore. I also LOVE autumn and halloween, so I like the vampire and clown aesthetics lol. I’ve got a pretty wide range of tastes.

And I would love a pet moose! Imagine riding a moose into battle… 🥰💭 or just to walmart or a coffee stand, that would still be very awesome. I love how tall and lanky moose are, and I love their antlers and goofy noses. They’re also super strong and fast, they can run up to 35mph. Also, moose can be absolutely terrifying in the wild so it would be nice to have one on my side 👀

that a northern wind
                would cool my skin
                and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. (Ignore my activity comment, lol. XD I just now saw this…XD) YOU’RE SO WELCOME!!!! Awww, thank you so much!!!! SHE IS ACCURATE!? 😆 Phew. *wipes sweat away* I’M SO GLAD YOU LOVE IT!!!!!🤩🤩🤩 GIRL YOU ARE SOOOOO WELCOME!!!! 😁😉

AND OH. MY. GOODNESS….MY BABY!!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍 HE LOOKS PERFECT!!!!!!!! *takes in deep breath* Okay, calm down…ahem, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! YOUR ART IS SO AMAZING AND I LOVE THAT LOOK!!!!! HE IS SO PERFECT!!!!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!! THANK YOUUUU!!!!!! AND THE UNIFORM IS BEAUTIFUL! (they normally wore black, but then I wouldn’t be able to see the details! I LOVE IT!!!!) TY SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! 🤩🤩

Ava Blue
                  @ava-blue

@freedomwriter76 AHHH I am so glad you like him! I was really worried because I kinda messed it up but yayyy I’m so happy 😅 Thanks for letting me draw him, it was so fun!!! If you ever want me to draw any more characters for you just lemme know! 🤩 Riker is so cool, I love his design haha he’s fun to draw 😀

that a northern wind
                    would cool my skin
                    and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. IT’S PERFECT!!!!!  Again, thank you so, so much!!!!! 🤩🤩🤩

I know you liked the way Muri was, but did you like the short story itself? 😉

YOU’RE VERY WELCOME!!! I’m glad he was fun to draw. 😁 Do you want to draw another one? You seem very excited. 😂

Ava Blue
                      @ava-blue

@freedomwriter76 Yes I loved the story! I really liked the bit about the krakens, I thought it was kinda funny 😁 And I am very interested in Will 🤔 Was he already one of your characters, or did you make him up for the story? He’s so nice I almost feel bad that Muri is being so accurately rude and apathetic 🤣 Also funny coincidence, but one thing Muri likes about the ocean is that it’s like an escape for her and it makes her problems feel small in comparison. So you basically got everything perfect, dang :0

*whips out paintbrush and entire canvas* YES whom shall I draw next?! ✍️🧐 By the way, I can also do watercolors.. but no guarantees it’ll look good hehe

that a northern wind
                        would cool my skin
                        and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. Aww, girl, I’m so glad!!!! 😁

Will? Though I do have a character named William, I made Will on the fly. 😂 Aww, I’m glad you think he’s nice! Poor boy, losing his arm in war. *sniff* REALLY!? I’m so glad I got that accurate!!!! 🤣 I just know that all of us find an escape from time to time in something, and I decided her being out on the ocean would be the thing for her. 😉

FUN! 😋 I like the way the pen art looks, so I’ll stick with that! 😉 Could you do Leon for me? My other MC from Freedom’s Fire. He’s also in his twenties like Riker, about 25, fairly muscular, and has tan skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes. Here’s a pic that looks like him, and I have two others for his outfit and hairstyle. 😅

Anonymous

Then…outfit. 😉

Anonymous

And hair. 😉

Ava Blue
                              @ava-blue

@freedomwriter76 ooh! He will be fun to draww *happy dance* I must warn you though, I do not know how to draw facial hair so wish me luck 🤞 I love his outfit! I love drawing vintage suits =D

that a northern wind
                                would cool my skin
                                and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. Have Fun! 😉 Haha. I don’t either. 😂😅 Then again…I’m not the best artist anyhow. I am pretty proud of a Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier drawing I did though. 😅 All the best of luck to ya! 👍

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >