Y’ello! 😁

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Y’ello! 😁

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ava Blue
    @ava-blue
      • Total Posts: 215

Hey guys! I’m new here 😀

This site is so helpful, I’ve just been checking out articles here and there and I already feel like I’ve improved my writing so much!

My favorite genre to write (and read) would have to be survival! My favorite authors are Jack London, Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allan Poe, Lucy Maud Montgomery,

that a northern wind
      would cool my skin
      and fill my lungs again

Ava Blue
      @ava-blue

oh dear, my ineptitude for technology has come back with a vengeance. 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m gonna come back to this post later lol

that a northern wind
        would cool my skin
        and fill my lungs again

Sunny421
        @sunny421
          • Total Posts: 13

Hi Ava! I’ve found this site very helpful also. I have a few questions for you.

What’s your favorite animal?

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Lastly, if you could be a character in any book, which book would it be?

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@ava-blue. Nice to meet you! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I am FreedomWriter76, a Christian, Homeschooled, Writing Teen that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! I’m a HUGE history buff and Marvel nerd and all in all a total Bookworm! 😀

Now, for some random Newbie Questions! 😉

1. What’s your WIP(work in progress) about?

2. Favorite Dessert?

3. Favorite Instrument?

4. Do you enjoy any movies/TV shows/series?

And….5. What’s your favorite thing about the Survival genre?

Ava Blue
            @ava-blue

@sunny421 My favorite animals are moose and killer whales! I like moose because they’re so tall and gangly, but they can also look sorta elegant. My favorite ice cream flavors are cookie dough and anything very very chocolately. And if I could be any book character, I would want to be Anne Shirley Cuthbert! She’s always been my favorite character, when I read about her it feels like I’m hanging out with my best friend. And she has red hair and freckles, and I have always wanted to be a freckled redhead.

@freedomwriter76 that’s so cool that you write historical fiction, because that’s like my second favorite genre to read! I currently have several WIPs but my current favorite is about Bronwen, a hunter who gets lost in the rocky mountains. I’m focusing on her character arc currently. She’s a very proud, independent person and she can be a bit of a control freak, so I’m putting her in a situation she has no say in.

My favorite dessert is warm apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or pumpkin pie with really anything on the side. Autumn is my favorite season, so I like cozy foods that remind me of fall 🙂

My favorite instrument to play (badly) is acoustic guitar, finger placement is tricky but kinda fun, and it’s not too hard to strum out a song that sounds good despite having no experience. My favorite instrument to listen to is electric guitar, I love a good riff! My favorite guitarist is Jimi Hendrix, I love his cover of All Along the Watchtower.

I actually have not been watching much TV lately, but I really enjoy Gravity Falls, and my favorite movies are Song of the Sea and Fly Away Home. I love animated movies, and I really admire Cartoon Saloon’s work. They did Song of the Sea, Secret of Kells, and Wolfwalkers.

And my favorite things about the survival genre? Hmm. I like all the potential for character development, for one. You can make a doubtful character confident, give a haughty character a dose of humility, or teach a materialistic character to value the things that really matter. I also just really like being outside so it’s fun to write about trees and mountains and animals lol

that a northern wind
              would cool my skin
              and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. Awesome! Oof, I understand having many WIP’s. I have like…not including my Fanfictions…10? XD Haha, Fall is my favorite season too! And I’m learning Guitar! My Guitar is actually an electric, by the way! I may need to look up Jimi Hendrix. Do you like listening to a lot of music? I do, lol. XD One of my favorite bands is Skillet.

Your WIP sounds interesting. Any time you wanna talk about it, I’m open to hear more! 😉

And thanks! Yeah, I love reading and writing Historical Fiction. But…History is my favorite subject. What Historical time periods do you love to read fiction about? I love reading (and writing!) American Revolution, American Civil War, Korean and Vietnam wars, Afghanistan War, but more than anything, my favorite time period is the Second World War. 😀 I love reading fiction set in that time, I love WRITING fiction set in that time, and I love learning about and researching that War specifically. 😉

Character development is awesome! I love developing characters! 😀 (haha. Doesn’t every writer? XD) Bronwen sounds interesting, and also, such a BEAUTIFUL name! I love it! <3

Ava Blue
                @ava-blue

My favorite historical fictions are set in pioneer-era America or during WWII. I recently read a really great book by one of my favorite authors about a Danish girl named Annemarie who helps protect her Jewish best friend during the holocaust. (Number the Stars by Lois Lowry) I would also recommend Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy. 😀

I’m also interested in the Vietnam War because my grandpa fought in it, but I don’t know much about it currently. And I got very interested in the American Revolution after I watched Hamilton lol

Oh, and you said you write fanfictions! What are they about? I’m too scared to write fanfic because I know I’ll be terrible 😅

And thanks for complimenting her name, I always choose the weirdest names for my characters haha 😀 her name actually means ‘pale chest’ and it’s Welsh. Can you tell I didn’t look up the meaning first? One of Bronwen’s best friends is named Mercedes like the car.. but it’s because it means ‘Mercies’ and it sounds fancy 😛

that a northern wind
                  would cool my skin
                  and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. AWESOME! I love both of those time periods! 😁 Thanks for the recommendation. I can’t believe I haven’t read Number the Stars yet! We have it! My younger brother even read it, and he doesn’t love History as much as I do! I just need to read it already. 😅

Your grandfather fought in Vietnam? Cool! 😊 Haha. I get that. My friend has been watching Hamilton and I’ve heard a lot about it. I’m guessing it’s good? 😃

You’re very welcome!!! 😉😄

Oh, my fanfictions? Well, my old, first one, was a crossover fanfic between Sonic the Hedgehog games and my aunt’s book. It was random, it was funny, the plot was absolutely horrid, and looking back at it now, I see how much better I am now. 🤣🤣🤣 Now, I’ve tried my hand at writing a few for my favorite books, but more than anything I write Marvel fanfictions. The current (main) one right now is an AU where Steve Rogers and the other Avengers are kids/teens and it involves things like adoption and learning how to control their powers and stuff like that! I love it so far! But yeah, mostly Marvel. I’m a huge Marvel nerd. 😜

Ava Blue
                    @ava-blue

Yeah, Hamilton is pretty brilliant! It’s funny, I’m usually not into rap or any of those kinds of music at all but I’ve been listening to the soundtrack for the past 2 years XD

Your first fanfiction sounds so funny! My little brother LOVES Sonic and he has this super weird fanfiction he wrote when he was 5/6, and all my brothers and I still quote it! I used to write Warrior cat fanfics when I was younger, and they were… really something. 0.0 My MC would always have the most ridiculous abilities (usually involving wings, being a werewolf-cat-thing, or literally having rainbows for eyes).

Your Avengers fic sounds so cool! I LOVE Captain America, he’s undeniably the best. I also like Spiderman, but his backstory just isn’t as epic.. Also I’m kind of a sucker for adoption stories, and I have to know who adopts who 0-0

that a northern wind
                      would cool my skin
                      and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. Awesome! 😉 Hamilton sounds good. Maybe I just need to watch it already, lol. XD

Haha. Oh, it was. XD And it was so weird but fun. My Aunt’s book is medieval fantasy, so it was fun to combine Sonic and her book, lol. XD It got over a hundred pages, but sadly I didn’t finish the story. Aww, your little brother loves Sonic? Nice! 😉 (haha. I still sometimes quote stuff from old fanfics too. XD) I used to love Sonic a whole lot. Still do, but I love Marvel more now, lol. XD But Sonic was never my fav. Shadow was, and still is. 😉 Haha. I get you. All my old writing was…yeah, something. O_0

Aww, thanks! 😀 YES! SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME ABOUT CAP! *Cough* Ahem. Spiderman is epic, but my second fav is Bucky Barnes. 😉 I love the friendship dynamic between Steve and Bucky. 😍 And Bucky’s backstory…oh, perfection. 👌I’m a sucker for adoption stories too, so maybe that’s why I’m writing one. 😉 I posted the first three chapters up on here! Here’s the link if you wanna read it! 

I’ll be posting more chapters as I write the story since someone else already said they need more, lol. XD

Anonymous

@ava-blue. Oh, and for the character, I was wondering if you could draw one of my MC’s from Freedom’s Fire, Riker. 😀

I have a couple reference photos. (I can only post one per post. Kingdom Pen can be stubborn. DX)

But as for description that I can say, he has dark brown hair, peach skin with a faint tan tinge, dark blue eyes, and in my mind, he’s fairly muscular. He’s an adult, btw. This pic right here is a picture I found that looks almost exactly how I imagine Riker. It was great to find the pic, lol. XD Be sure to let me know if there’s any other info you need to know. I’ll post another pic too that’s like his hairstyle. (Because I rarely ever imagine him wearing a hat, lol.) Anywho! Here’s the pic!

Anonymous

And his hairstyle is kinda like this: The Waved Quiff hairstyle. Again, let me know if there’s any other info you need to know! 😀

Rylie Goodwin
                            @lrose5
                              • Total Posts: 90

Hi Ava! *waves* Welcome to the community! I joined like 10 minutes ago, so I’m out here exploring. lol *reads older comments* Your WIP sounds SO COOL! I think the only survival book I’ve read is the Hatchet cause idk if the Hunger Games counts. lol

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.

C.S. Lewis

Ava Blue
                              @ava-blue

@lrose5 hello there! I still have yet to read Hunger Games, how is it? Lol, there are a lot of very popular books I need to read. I love your profile pic, by the way.

@freedomwriter76  AHH I can’t wait to draw him! I’ll start on him today! As promised, here are a couple of my WIPs. I never have names for my stories, so I’ll just call them by the name of the MC. These are all very loose so you can really do whatever you like with these 😅

Trinity – Based in southern Alaska in the ’30s-’40s. Trinity is the oldest girl in a family of 8. She has inherited her grandmother’s ginger hair and terrible luck. She has a tendency to run in to strange characters, and she prefers sled dogs to people. Trinity is very reserved and practical.

Muri – Based in Ireland in the 1970s. Muri is around 19 years old and she’s kind of had a rough life (though I have yet to hash out the details). She’s found work on a fishing boat, but now she has to deal with an evil captain, ghost ships, and krakens (lots of krakens🤩) Muri is also rather reserved, but she has a fiery temper and can be very stubborn. If you know what Meyers-Briggs personality types are, she’s an ISTP. Also, my profile picture is a drawing of her 🙂

that a northern wind
                                would cool my skin
                                and fill my lungs again

Anonymous

@ava-blue. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HIM! 😀

Okie dokie! I like the idea of Trinity, but…we’ll see which one I end up writing. XD Maybe I’ll do Muri! Who knows!? I’ll decide which one and start working on it hopefully today! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >