Y’ALLL!!!!! I started it…and I love this already!!! <3 Any thoughts? :D

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Y’ALLL!!!!! I started it…and I love this already!!! <3 Any thoughts? :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@freedomwriter76

I love all the brothers (not the step brothers) soooo much!

That was really good! Can’t wait to read more 😁

Also, she’s not there actual mom is she… I was going to ask at the beginning if they were adopted.

へびは かっこいい です!

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1014

@freedomwriter76

That’s a good part too. I did say it was ONE of my favorites…

I just like blowing stuff up. *Face palm* XD

But the one to one conversations are priceless!

Also, in that last one, I love the mildly creepy way you described Felix. *Shudder* 🙂

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Light
        @lightoverdarkness6
          • Total Posts: 1626

@freedomwriter76

AHHHH!!!! GIRLLLL!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! ❤️😭❤️

YOU’RE SOOO WELCOME!!! 🙂 🙂

Lol, that’s great!!! XD

Yeah!! XD

I KNOW, RIGHT!?!?!? ❤️❤️❤️❤️

YES!!!! <3 <3

Lol, yes, Frida, look out. XD

Yes. We’re coming for you XD Frida…

Lol, it does!!!! xD xD xD

Leo and Brothers, trademark pending.

XDXDXDXD

Lol Girl, you are so funny XD!

Aww, thank you!!!! (The one where they’re kids and teens, right? =D) Dialogue is always fun for me, and it’s been a lot of practice to get to where it is now…XD

You’re welcome!! (Yep, that’s the one! 🙂 Yeah, I can tell you’ve had lots of practice :)!

Aghh!!! Me too! XD It started in the Character Castle, and I was like: “Well, I’m keeping it now!!!” XD

Yes!! It’s so sweet, and helps to give them a deeper relationship :). I’m glad you did!

That’s epic!!! I quote Marvel all the time…but then my family is normally just confused, esp. my sister…lol. XDXDXDXD

Lol! That sounds like me and my family XD.

Aww, girl, thank you!!! ❤️❤️❤️ And don’t worry, I’m working on writing more right now. 😉

You’re so welcome!! yay!! Oh, is Leon Wagner…Leon? As in, Riker’s enemy turned best friend?

#HugRikerSquad

Arien
          @arien
            • Total Posts: 193

@freedomwriter76

I love this! I like how the brothers interact with each other, it’s so much fun to read! And good job keeping them distinct with personalities and everything, that’s hard when you have a lot of characters! Keep it up, I want to read more!

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
            -Christopher Blakewell

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@mineralizedwritings.

I love all the brothers (not the step brothers) soooo much!

So happy you do!!! Oh yeah, you can dislike Adolphus and Dietrich as much as you want. XD

That was really good! Can’t wait to read more 😁

Thank you!!! And I’m halfway done with Chapter 5, so it shouldn’t be much longer!!! 😉

Also, she’s not there actual mom is she… I was going to ask at the beginning if they were adopted.

Isn’t that a spoiler…? XD But they are not adopted, and she’s not their actual mom…you’ll see. 😉 I like to keep y’all asking questions. XDXDXD

@elishavet-pidyon

That’s a good part too. I did say it was ONE of my favorites…

I just like blowing stuff up. *Face palm* XD

Lol, it’s part of being American. XD We blow stuff up to celebrate our independence…I think we like blowing stuff up, lol. xD

But the one to one conversations are priceless!

Glad you liked it!!! 😀 And yes, one to one convos are always so much fun to read (and write!) 🙂

Also, in that last one, I love the mildly creepy way you described Felix. *Shudder* 🙂

Well…that’s what I was going for! XD So I’m glad you love it. 😉

@lightoverdarkness6

Yes. We’re coming for you XD Frida…

Yes…yes, we are. XD

Lol Girl, you are so funny XD!

*does a dramatic bow, almost falling on my face* Why, thank you! XD

You’re welcome!! (Yep, that’s the one! 🙂 Yeah, I can tell you’ve had lots of practice :)!

That fanfic has come a lot further than I ever expected…xD And yes, practice makes better, I always say! 😉

Yes!! It’s so sweet, and helps to give them a deeper relationship :). I’m glad you did!

I’m glad you like it!!! 😀

Lol! That sounds like me and my family XD.

Lol. XDXDXDXDXD

You’re so welcome!! yay!! Oh, is Leon Wagner…Leon? As in, Riker’s enemy turned best friend?

Sure is! 😉 His full name is Leon Jedidiah Wagner, hehe. XD

@arien

I love this! I like how the brothers interact with each other, it’s so much fun to read! And good job keeping them distinct with personalities and everything, that’s hard when you have a lot of characters! Keep it up, I want to read more!

Thank you soooo much!!!! <3333

Anonymous

@arien. @mineralizedwritings. @elishavet-pidyon. @godlyfantasy12. @lightoverdarkness6. @madelyn. @anyone-else-I’m-forgetting-lol. XD

So…I present the next chapter, which was honestly really fun to write…lol.

Chapter 5

Jakob shoveled more of the dirt into a pile, wiping the sweat from his brows.

The dirt was hard, what with the lack of rain recently, it was almost clay.

Jakob had to almost shove the shovel completely into the dirt, but at least he was still getting his job done.

What was he helping build? He had no clue. But the thing he was worried about were his older brothers and his younger brothers, not what he was building. Whatever it was.

He watched as Leo, beside him, also shoveled.

He seemed…alright, but also looked like he was struggling.

“Leo…what’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I’m fine.”

Jakob nodded, knowing that was a lie, as his grip on the shovel’s handle tightened.

Frida’s “lesson” from last week had been more than just a lesson.

Leo’s bruises testified to that fact.

All of her lessons were that way.

Jakob’s knuckles turned white.

She would pay.

One day.

One day she would pay.

They all would.

Eighteen years.

And they would pay for every single day. Every single bruise and scar.

“Jakob…release your grip a little…”

“Get back to work! Schnell!” A uniformed guard yelled.

Jakob merely began to shovel again, the thoughts still running rampant, his heart still flaming.

One of the older Jewish men, with a black hat on his hair and payot running down the sides of his head, moved slowly, barely even picking up even a handful of dirt with each shovelful.

The guard yelled at him and marched over, cudgel in hand, his yells turning into screams.

He raised the cudgel, and Jakob’s grip tightened.

He’d very often seen a hand raised.

Before he even knew what he was doing, he had the shovel raised and was heading for the guard.

“Jakob, no! Don’t!”

Leo suddenly grabbed his arm, tight, causing Jakob to drop the shovel.

It hit the ground, hard.

But the guard was too busy yelling to pay attention.

He blinked and faced his oldest brother. “Leo…?”

Leo’s fingers dug into his arms, but not too hard, and only then did Jakob realize what he had almost done.

“…I was going to kill him.”

Leo nodded, letting go of his arm. “I saw that.”

“I saw…well…”

Leo nodded, eyes softening with concern. “I know…I know what you saw…I did too.”

Jakob picked his shovel back up, and they both began shoveling, as the guard marched away, the old man in tow.

Jakob’s blood boiled, but he knew he couldn’t do anything.

“She wouldn’t have wanted this for us, you know…” He whispered softly.

Leo looked at him with a raised eyebrow, confusion on his face, before he slowly closed his eyes. “…I’m sure…”

“Hey, Leo, you can talk about it…in fact, Wolfgang used to love your stories…Reuben did too…all of us did…we can’t remember her as well as you do…and we loved all of the stories…”

Leo shook his head, opening his eyes. “Jakob, I-I…I can’t…not anymore…”

Their brown eyes met.

Leo had once been the optimistic one. The hopeful one. The one who always looked at the glass half-full. The one who always saw the good in people.

But all of that had been stripped away.

Jakob’s fists clenched again, and he forced the shovel, hard, into the dirt.

Frida would pay for hurting his brothers.

He would make sure of it.

~*~

On hands and knees, Reuben scrubbed at the street, as the sun beat down onto his head and back.

Cleaning the street…what was the point of it?

But if Reuben had learned anything in the twenty years of his existence, it was that it was better to stay silent.

Don’t ask questions.

Don’t attract attention to yourself.

Give them no excuse to hurt you.

Reuben shoved away the memories that threatened to rise, instead focusing his attention on his younger brother, who scrubbed the street beside him, humming a quiet song under his breath.

Reuben couldn’t stop the smile that spread up his face.

Wolfgang was so caring…carefree…hopeful.

And Reuben hoped he stayed that way forever.

Wolfgang didn’t seem bothered at all about having to scrub the streets.

“Hey, Wolfgang, what are you humming…?” Reuben asked softly, only speaking after he made sure a soldier guard wasn’t close by.

Wolfgang turned to face him and smiled warmly. “Oh, it was a song Joshua sang to me. I’m not sure what all of it means, but I like the sound of it, so I’ve been humming it to pass time.”

Reuben smiled and nodded. “It sounds nice.”

Wolfgang’s eyes lit up. “Oh! I can teach it to you later…it doesn’t have a lot of lyrics, but it’s really pretty.”

Reuben nodded. “I’d like that. And maybe I can show you how to paint a tree.”

Wolfgang’s eyes widened. “Really!? I’d love that!”

Reuben smiled. “Of course. We’ll do it tonight…how’s that sound?”

His younger brother nodded enthusiastically. “I’d love to!”

Reuben turned back to his scrubbing, but slowly, he realized Wolfgang hadn’t gone back to scrubbing.

“…Reuben…?”

Reuben scrubbed the street more. “Yeah, Wolfgang?”

“…Do you remember those stories and songs Leo used to tell us about…?”

“Yeah…yeah…I think so…”

Leo hadn’t told one in around ten years.

But Reuben had never forgotten them.

“…Why hasn’t he told one in a long time…?  It’s been…a long time.”

“…I-I don’t know Wolfgang…maybe he doesn’t like them…?”

“But he loved the stories and songs…he used to love telling them…and all of us loved them…why did Leo stop?”

Reuben shrugged.

He didn’t know.

But even though he had never said anything, he wondered the same.

Reuben shook his head. “I don’t have any idea why, Wolfgang…only Leo does.”

Wolfgang nodded and lapsed into silence.

Reuben scrubbed for a few more minutes when he heard his brother’s voice again. “…I don’t remember her, Reuben…you know…our real Mutti…who Leo’s stories were about and who the songs came from…”

Reuben slowly nodded. “Me neither, Wolfgang…”

He remembered a smiling face.

A soft voice.

A lullaby.

But that was it.

And all of those things were faded…fogy.

“…I was only two when she left…”

Wolfgang nodded, still scrubbing the street. “I was a baby.”

Reuben nodded in agreement. “You were.”

“But Leo was ten…so he remembers her…so why isn’t he telling the stories anymore?”

Reuben bit his lip, thinking. Like Wolfgang, he didn’t know nor understand. But suddenly, a small idea dawned on him, and he gave Wolfgang a small, faint, soft smile. “…It might be hard for him…”

Wolfgang nodded but bit his lip. “…Reuben…why did she leave?”

Reuben blinked. Now that, he hadn’t been expecting.

“You know she and father separated…”

Wolfgang slowly nodded, biting his lip. “Yeah…I mean…I know that…cause you all told me…but…why?”

“I’ve often wondered the same thing, Wolfgang…but…I don’t know…I really…don’t.”

“Did she love us, Reuben?” Wolfgang suddenly asked, his bright blue eyes hoping, wanting to believe.

Reuben’s eyes slightly itched, and he stopped the tears from falling. “Yes, Wolfgang, she did. I’m sure of it Remember Leo’s stories…? She loved us with everything she had…”

Wolfgang bit his lip. “…But she left…?”

Reuben shrugged. “I don’t know why she left, Wolfgang…I really…don’t. All I know is she did…eighteen years ago…but because of Leo’s stories…I also know that she loved us.”

“…Do you think she’s still out there, Reuben…looking for us?”

Reuben smiled softly and squeezed his younger brother’s shoulder, even though he doubted that what Wolfgang said was true. “I’m sure she is.”

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  • Total Posts: 2803

@freedomwriter76

Ok Ok I didnt cry… 🤣 but like I could feel the water in the back of my eyes a little.

That was so sad!

The ending scene was really sweet. love this!

I feel like Wolfgang’s happy soul needs to be protected 😂.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings.

Ok Ok I didnt cry… 🤣 but like I could feel the water in the back of my eyes a little.

That was so sad!

YOU DID!?!?!?!? AHHHHH!!!!! As a writer, that makes me happy. As a friend, that makes me sad, lol. XDXDXDXD Mixed feelings!

The ending scene was really sweet. love this!

THANK YOU!!! I had to end on a sweeter note!!! <333

I feel like Wolfgang’s happy soul needs to be protected 😂.

Yessss!!! Let’s all band around Wolfgang and keep him safe from the monsters. Who’s with me!?!?!? XDXDXD

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12
                      • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76

UUUGGGHH U. ARE. BREAKING. EVERY. PIECE. OF. MY. HEART! THESE HORRIBLE JOBS!! HORRIBLE FAMILIES?!?! WHY CAN’T THEY JUST ESCAPE AND LIVE HAPPY TOGETHER SOMEWHERE AND UUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH *flops dramatically onto sofa*

btw it’s reaaally good but UUUUGGGHHHH

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12
                        • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76

Yessss!!! Let’s all band around Wolfgang and keep him safe from the monsters. Who’s with me!?!?!? XDXDXD

EXCEPT IK WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM 😭 unless you changed that….

Don’t worry I’m keeping my mouth shut…but…

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6
                          • Total Posts: 1626

@freedomwriter76

Yes…yes, we are. XD

I think we’ve said ‘Yes’ about 5 times each…XDD

*does a dramatic bow, almost falling on my face* Why, thank you! XD

*jumps up from my chair, clapping, but then slips and actually does fall on my face* You’re welcome!! We’re such great performers  XDXDXD

That fanfic has come a lot further than I ever expected…xD And yes, practice makes better, I always say! 😉

Yes it has! Like 25 chapters, right? That’s awesome! Yes! Such wise words. XD

I’m glad you like it!!! 😀

🙂 YES!!

Lol. XDXDXDXDXD

Yep! XDD

Sure is! 😉 His full name is Leon Jedidiah Wagner, hehe. XD

Yay!! Ooh, i love that name!

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                          @felicity
                            • Total Posts: 811

@freedomwriter76

Wait, how many WIPs do you have??!!

Just kidding…

I’m enjoying this a lot. But I have a question, how old are they? You probably said already on one of your fanfic topics but I didn’t catch that.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
                            @felicity
                              • Total Posts: 811

@freedomwriter76

I love Leon’s full name! I have a 2 year old angel of a second cousin whose name is Jedidiah Casper. His middle name is after Corrie Ten Boom’s beloved father. They call him Jed for short and he’s adorable- silky, golden curls; dark, starry eyes; and the sweetest, lovable personality.

Whoops. This was supposed to be about LEON! 😀

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Koshka
                              @koshka
                                • Total Posts: 1427

@freedomwriter76

AHHHH! I love it!

So, the normal human being part of me is horrified, but the history nerd author? She grinned through most of those chapters whispering “she got it right. She got it right!”

Although I am still a tad bit confused over their whole ‘still living in the same house as their father even though their Jews…’. this isn’t far into WWII, is it?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12.

UUUGGGHH U. ARE. BREAKING. EVERY. PIECE. OF. MY. HEART! THESE HORRIBLE JOBS!! HORRIBLE FAMILIES?!?! WHY CAN’T THEY JUST ESCAPE AND LIVE HAPPY TOGETHER SOMEWHERE AND UUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH *flops dramatically onto sofa*

btw it’s reaaally good but UUUUGGGHHHH

Thank you!!! I know, I know…XD

EXCEPT IK WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM 😭 unless you changed that….

Don’t worry I’m keeping my mouth shut…but…

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Shhhhh…that’s a secret….XD And so far, no, I haven’t changed it, heh.

@felicity

Wait, how many WIPs do you have??!!

Just kidding…

I’m enjoying this a lot. But I have a question, how old are they? You probably said already on one of your fanfic topics but I didn’t catch that.

A lot, lol. XD

Thank you!!!

Okay, so, Wolfgang is 18, Reuben is 20, Jakob is 24, Joshua is 25, and Leo is 28. Their ages will be revealed, just kinda slowly. But I have already established the order, so at least I have that! XD

I love Leon’s full name! I have a 2 year old angel of a second cousin whose name is Jedidiah Casper. His middle name is after Corrie Ten Boom’s beloved father. They call him Jed for short and he’s adorable- silky, golden curls; dark, starry eyes; and the sweetest, lovable personality.

Whoops. This was supposed to be about LEON! 😀

That is sooo cool and adorable!!!! <3333

@lightoverdarkness6

I think we’ve said ‘Yes’ about 5 times each…XDD

Lol. XD

*jumps up from my chair, clapping, but then slips and actually does fall on my face* You’re welcome!! We’re such great performers  XDXDXD

Spectacular performers. XD

Yay!! Ooh, i love that name!

Thank you!!! I love it too!! <333

@koshka

AHHHH! I love it!

AHHH!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! <3333

So, the normal human being part of me is horrified, but the history nerd author? She grinned through most of those chapters whispering “she got it right. She got it right!”

Lol, yess….so glad I get the History Nerd author stamp of approval, lol. XD I always have to have the History in there, even not well known History. 😉

Although I am still a tad bit confused over their whole ‘still living in the same house as their father even though their Jews…’. this isn’t far into WWII, is it?

It is…and I’ve been thinking about the same question.

I’m thinking it’s because, at least that’s what I’m doing right now, their father has high standings within the Military, Government, and the Community, so he’s kept them at his house to “keep an eye on them”…but he may change his mind as the story goes on, so…we’ll see. 😉

Felix is a very high-ranking SS officer, and possibly even knows Heinrich Himmler personally, heh. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >