Writers' Corner #22

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #22

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 587 total)
  • Author
    Alia
    @alia
      • Total Posts: 1253

@jenwriter17, I’ll be on in about an hour…probably

WIP - Decisions
      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@alia

Oh, I don’t think I’ll be on then, but you can tag me if you want. I’m leaving for now…

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
        @catwing
          • Total Posts: 2557

@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @seekjustice @alia @valtmy @dekreel I’m here working on my blog post for tomorrow. 🙂

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Alia
          @alia

@jenwriter17, @catwing, @seekjustice, @ariel-ashira

anyone on? I’m drudging through Decisions trying to finish up part one

WIP - Decisions

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine
              • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice I found this story amusing, and thought you might too, so here it is!

When I was young my father said to me:
              “Knowledge is Power….Francis Bacon”
              I understood it as “Knowledge is power, France is Bacon”.
              For more than a decade I wondered over the meaning of the second part and what was the surreal linkage between the two? If I said the quote to someone, “Knowledge is power, France is Bacon” they nodded knowingly. Or someone might say, “Knowledge is power” and I’d finish the quote “France is Bacon” and they wouldn’t look at me like I’d said something very odd but thoughtfully agree. I did ask a teacher what did “Knowledge is power, France is bacon” mean and got a full 10 minute explanation of the Knowledge is power bit but nothing on “France is bacon”. When I prompted further explanation by saying “France is Bacon?” in a questioning tone I just got a “yes”. at 12 I didn’t have the confidence to press it further. I just accepted it as something I’d never understand.
              It wasn’t until years later I saw it written down that the penny dropped.

😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
              @alia

@rochellaine, thats hilarious. sounds like something I would do.

@seekjustice
                , @valtmy, @jenwriter17, @ariel-ashira, anyone around?

WIP - Decisions

Catwing
                @catwing
                  • Total Posts: 2557

@alia @dekreel @seekjustice @jenwriter17 @valtmy @ariel-ashira
                  I’m here, probably til 10:30/11, off and on.
                  Working on my WIP.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice
                    • Total Posts: 3365

@Rochellaine

I’m not sure if you could find it in America, but I’m currently watching an old tv show called The River Kings. I’m quite enjoying it so far, its clean (so far). The best way I can think to describe it is as a sort of Australian Little House on the Prairie but not as annoying and historically inaccurate and also set on a paddlesteamer.

It just reminded me of the sort of things you like watching and I thought you might like the accents 😉

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17

@seekjustice @rochellaine @ariel-ashira @alia @dekreel @dragon-snapper @catwing

I’ll be writing and outlining a new project for a bit. 🙂

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

I’m here, supposedly editing but really just playing with my dog and watching YouTube.

By the way, have you seen/do you like Frozen? If you do, I have something really cool to show you. I don’t particularly like Frozen, but I’m honestly obsessed with this.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17

@seekjustice

Welcome. 🙂 Editing can be fun, but playing with your dog and watching youtube is great too. 😉

I haven’t seen Frozen. Honestly, it was SO POPULAR over here that I feel like I know enough about it, lol. 😛 But I’d love to see what you’re so excited about. 😉

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

It’s especially fun when you try to do them all at once. Do you have any dogs?

Okay, here’s the link. It’s from the Broadway version of Frozen, it’s a super annoying song, with a super annoying crowd in the background, but as a stage geek, I greatly admire the spectacle of it all. I think I’ve lost count of the amount of times my sister and I have gawked at it, despite neither of us liking the song 😛

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17

@seekjustice

Sadly, I do not. 🙁 I hope to one day. What breed is your dog? Do you have more than one?

When you mentioned “song” I knew exactly which on you were talking about before even watching the video! 😀 It’s like the only Frozen song I’ve ever heard; with little girls singing it left and right and the radio blaring it…you’d think it was the only song in Frozen.

But, it is fun to watch the stage versions of things. 🙂 It’s really cool to see how they add different effects with the lights and props and everything.

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

He’s a Labrador named Jack 😀 And sadly, we only have one.

It’s intensely annoying, isn’t it? Thankfully, the Broadway version added quite a lot of new songs which are slightly less irritating.

And yes, watching stage versions are always really cool. I love watching those more fantasy musicals on stage too, since the ones I like tend to be very minimalistic in terms of props and effects needed, but the fantasy ones are often very cool.

Jenna Terese
                                @jenwriter17

@seekjustice

Aw, labradors are cute. 🙂 <3

Do you act in plays? I thought you had mentioned that in the past maybe…

So this editing you’re doing…would that be SFI? *fangirl squeal*

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 587 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >