Writers' Corner #20

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #20

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 736 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@jenwriter17

Well, I’m a bit obsessed with it at the moment. If you lived a tad closer I’d invite you over to watch it with me.

I have no idea. I don’t have Netflix so I don’t keep up to date with what they’re doing. Though I did hear Amazon was making a LoTR tv show about Aragorn or something.

I just listened to The aviators by Helen Jane Long and it was beautiful!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice lol, yeah if I just lived a tad closer 😀 (I wish we did live closer though…)

the aviators is one of my favorites!!!!!

@rochellaine
        Ah, you came just as I’m leaving!

Well, I’ll leave you two to chat, but I have to leave. 🙁 I think I’ll be on this Friday/Saturday though.

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

(a tad is a very long way in Australia. Just down the road is open to interpretation) It’s lovely! I’m listening to the Porcelain album now. I have a young friend who I’m going to mention Helen Jane Long to, because if he hasn’t heard of her, I think he’d like her.  Bye!

@rochellaine

Hello! Now, I have to ask you, have you seen the movie The King’s Speech?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 Aw, too bad! 🙁 See you later!

@seekjustice
            No I haven’t.  What’s it about?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It’s about King George VI, who had a severe stammer and his speech therapist, who helps him with all his speeches. It’s set in the thirties, which is why I thought you might like it. It’s pretty clean too (though, the speech therapist is…well, Australian. Thus, some of his methods are also very Australian. IE, “Swear at things when you get angry, Bertie, and you won’t stammer!” However, those parts are easily muted).

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, it sounds cool.  I’ll look it up.

Is it historically accurate?  That’s the biggest problem I have when watching something “set in” a time period I like, rather than actually made/written in that period, as you know. 😉

This evening my brother gave me the Slipper and the Rose soundtrack LP. 😀 😀 😀  (Did I ever tell you I have a record player?)  So I was listening to that a bit ago, and commenting on how you can definitely tell it was written by the same composers who wrote Mary Poppins.

…and dramatically acting out “What a Comforting Thing to Know” by getting up on a chair and falling off while singing “He fell from the castle tower!”

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I can’t speak for the exact make of their suits or anything, but yes, for the most part it is. It’s got a few tweaks and things, to help it flow more smoothly, but its hardly taking liberties with actual history, which I really appreciated.

I didn’t know you had a record player, but it doesn’t surprise me at all. I’m listening to Brigadoon at the moment and I was just happily singing to Go Home with Bonnie Jean. I didn’t know it was written by the same people as Mary Poppins though.

Ah, that song is so fun! My sister and I were talking about it the other day, though I can’t remember why now 😀

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@seekjustice Okay, I’ll look it up sometime and let you know if I like it. 🙂

“Go Home with Bonnie Jean” is so much fun!  I love bouncy Celtic style songs.  Do you know any Scottish Gaelic songs?  I know a couple, but I’m sure my pronunciation is horrible! 😛

You didn’t mean that Brigadoon was written by the same people who wrote Mary Poppins, right?  That was referring to The Slipper and the Rose.  The placing of your sentences confused me… 😉  But yeah, it’s written by the Sherman Brothers.  The song that reminds me the most of Mary Poppins is “Protocoligorically Correct” but I’m not sure exactly why.

I need to listen to Anastasia again soon.  I was trying to remember one of the songs the other day and couldn’t.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

It is a lot of fun! The first time I showed it to one of my siblings, I can’t remember which one it was now, they thought it was “Go home with morning tea” though. I guess that shows where their mind is 99% of the time 😛 I’m listening to My Mother’s Wedding Day now and that’s rather ridiculous 😀 (Actually, the other day I was reading a book on Scotland and it was talking about Brigadoon. In reference to it, the book said something along the lines of “a lovely musical, but nothing to do with Scotland”, which is probably only too true.)

I can’t think of any off the top of my head right now, but I like the Irish Gaelic original version of Be Thou My Vision.

Sorry if my wording confused you! I meant that I didn’t know the Slipper and the Rose was written by the Shermans.

Ah, I love Anastasia 😀

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by SeekJustice.

Rochellaine
                      @rochellaine

@seekjustice 😛

Uh, yeah, that one’s pretty ridiculous.  But then, I like ridiculous. 😉

Haha, I suppose that’s true.

Ooh!  That sounds like it’d be pretty!  I’ll definitely have to look it up.  Have you ever heard “Iain Ghlinn Cuaich”?  That one has a lovely tune.  Another Scottish song I really like is “Are Ye Sleeping Maggie?”

I’m going to go now.  Farewell!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @dekreel @ariel-ashira @valtmy

Anyone around? I’m doing a bit of beta reading.

Jenna Terese
                          @jenwriter17

@seekjustice I was just about to see if anyone wanted to join me in the corner when your post showed up in my email. 😀 I’ll be around for a bit, outlining for nano

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 Hey! I should be doing that too…but no, I’m kinda beta reading and somehow ended up looking at Marvel memes on Pinterest.

I don’t even like Marvel memes, so this is pretty depressing.

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

@seekjustice Well, if it makes you feel any better…I’m getting distracted by Pinterest and other things too 😛 #procrastinating

www.jennaterese.com

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@jenwriter17

Curse Pinterest! *returns to scrolling through boards*

Hey, look. I found this, it describes us so well.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 736 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >