Writers' Corner #17

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #17

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    valtmy
    @valtmy
      • Total Posts: 732

@rochellaine

I get the feeling. Imagining all those scenes in your head is so much easier than writing them, isn’t it? 😉

Oh dear, you sound like you have a lot going on your plate. 😦

I think I told you this before but I’m in Singapore. I am, I suspect, precisely 12 hours ahead of you.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice If being an author means getting up at six and going to bed before ten, I think I might need to reconsider my decision to become one.  😛

But seriously, I have considered getting up early to get things done, and it’s happened a few times.  I could probably count them on my fingers, though. 😉  My whole family stays up pretty late every night, (we’re just a bunch of night owls,) so I can’t really go to bed early, and going to sleep late and then getting up early can only go on for so many days… 😀

@valtmy
        Oh, I’ve imagined all the scenes out hundreds of times!! And have been inventing new scenes constantly.  Notes are easy, but when it comes to writing the actual story…forget it! 😛

Oh yes, I think I remember now.  I knew I had asked you before, but didn’t remember where you said you were.  It’s about 10:30 here now, so are your “suspicions” correct? 😛

Okay girls, I’m going to say goodbye for now.  I’ve got stuff to do – most importantly, studying. 😀  See you later!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
        @valtmy

@rochellaine

Precisely correct 😛

Goodbye and all the best 😀

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

Goodnight! May your studying be prosperous.

Well, I guess late nights work too. I don’t know. Not a late night person, I stop functioning after nine o’clock 😀

@valtmy
            I’ll be hanging around for a bit until I go to have lunch.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Leumeister
            @leumeister
              • Total Posts: 244

@seekjustice

I’m in Western Australia

valtmy
              @valtmy

@seekjustice

Hey 🙂

Wow I prefer to wake in the mornings as well but not THAT early. Wish I could so so that I could be more productive 😛

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@leumeister

Oh cool 😀 Hello, fellow Aussie 🙂

@rochellaine

Leumeister lives in Western Australia, and they’re two hours behind us, so the time difference is just different schedules. 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@valtmy I also wake up that early so I can use my family’s night data listening to YouTube songs. 😛 But yeah, it really does help with productive.

valtmy
                    @valtmy

@seekjustice

LOL 😛

What are you working on now? And (this is really embarrassing to ask since I feel like I should know this by now) can you tell me what your book is about? I see mentions of Justice and Chessy here and there and I know there are links to your drafts floating about but (sorry about this) I never really got around to reading it since you seem to already have a good number of alphas/betas so I didn’t think I could add much. 😥

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@valtmy

I’m working on editing Stars Fill Infinity which is my main work in progress at the moment. Its a Les Miserables retelling and its the story that involves Chessy and Justice 😛

Here’s the blurb I wrote a while ago:

A storm is brewing in the air, disrupting the fragile peace.

Chessy Verde has lived a lonely life, with only her adopted father for company, ever since her sister ran away, breaking Chessy’s heart. But she has secrets of her own, secrets that involve sneaking out at night to care for the poverty-stricken of the town, against her father’s wishes.

Then a fiery, charismatic young man, calling himself Justice Rift, arrives in town, bringing with him talk of revolution. The young people of the town, including Chessy, find themselves drawn to him—and the cause he is willing to lay his life down for.

But when Chessy makes a foolish decision in defence of someone she loves, she puts herself on the radar of a deadly and determined law officer and finds herself asking hard questions. She is willing to die, but is she willing to forgive? She is willing to sacrifice everything, but she is willing to show mercy to those who have hurt her most?

You’d be more than welcome to read it if you want to. Word just got around that my alpha/beta readers really liked it, so heaps of people (at least…four or five, I think) have just asked to read it. There’s a forum topic for it called “Stars Fill Infinity”. Of course, if you don’t want to, that’s fine too!

valtmy
                        @valtmy

@seekjustice

Oh a Les Mis retelling that’s interesting 😀 I might take a look at it one day when I actually have the time!

I’ve only ever read one Les Mis retelling before and that was, um, not really a retelling (Pratchett’s Night Watch). It featured a good Javert (an honourable cop) and a bad Valjean (a serial killer) who travelled back in time together to the day of a revolution which they know will fail based on their knowledge of history. So good Javert has to stop the serial killer while trying to prevent needless death in the revolution and acting as a mentor to his younger self who is a young cop. It was… very bizarre now that I think about it. But considering my own WIP, I don’t think I am in any position to judge for weirdness. 😛

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@valtmy

That sounds like a hilariously weird story. I read Pratchett’s um….Maskerade, I think it was. Which was sort of based on the Phantom of the Opera and it was really funny 😀 I haven’t read any of his other books though 😛

Leumeister
                            @leumeister

So now that I’m here, what do we do? 8) 😛

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine
                                • Total Posts: 3322

@leumeister Are you asking what we do on Writers’ Corner?

@valtmy
                                You should definitely read @seekjustice’s book when you get a chance! 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Leumeister
                                @leumeister

@rochellaine Yes, I am asking that. 😛 Now I’m here, I may as well participate. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >