Writers' Corner #17

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #17

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine Haha, I just noticed it then,  though I wasn’t really paying attention!

I definitely understand…(by the way, I used to find it fascinating going through the 1909 newspapers for my town and I read parts of a serial story, but never ever found out the beginning or the end, because not all the newspapers have survived. it was definitely melodramatic though!)

Its so….odd. Like the fact that Justice is supposed to be German and have a German accent????

So far, I’ve mercilessly killed both of my villains. And most of my protagonists too.

Once it’s in your head, it’ll never get out. Trust me 😛 No, I don’t think I’ve seen that. I’ll go looking now.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice We are in a hotel room and I’m working on my computer with my little sisters very dramatically acting out a Little House on the Prairie episode line by line in the background.  Our mom just came in from the adjoining room and told my sisters to be quieter, because they are imitating Mrs. Oleson’s shrieks and scolding of Laura and she was worried it would bother our neighbors in the next room.  That reminded me of a story I read once about someone who heard a man outside the door calmly relating to a woman stories of all the people he had killed.  The person opened the door and it was just an old man listening to a dramatic audio book.

Oh, that sounds awful.  I guess you made up the ending ten different ways in your mind?

Wow, Justice is German?  Nope, that doesn’t sound quite right. *considers* Hm, maybe?  That’s something to think about.

It will never get out.  😛  Until I get another song stuck in my head, of course.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice

@rochellaine
          hey! *squints at you* @ariel-ashira was the one to start it remember? 😛

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 *squints back* I didn’t see @ariel-ashira’s post, since she didn’t tag me.

Ha! 😛

Are you writing now?  I think @seekjustice may have left, so I’m all alone now. *pouts*

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@rochellaine I’m not writing right now, but I think I will be in about an hour, maybe a little less. will you be on then?

@seekjustice
              you need this 😉 https://storiarts.com/products/les-miserable-writing-gloves?variant=379148339

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 I might be.  It depends on when we eat dinner.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                @valtmy
                  • Total Posts: 732

@rochellaine

Hey, I’m back. 😀

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@valtmy Hey!  Thanks for showing up, I was getting distracted.  Maybe now I’ll focus. 😉

Is the second chapter still in third place?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

valtmy
                    @valtmy

@rochellaine

In terms of word count, it is not since my first chapter is much shorter than the rest. In terms of plot progression and engagement… 😕

I am getting impatient and wanting to move on to the good parts so I am struggling with getting through all the necessary set-up.

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17

@rochellaine @valtmy I’m here again! you two still here?

Valtmy, was it you a long time ago that said you watched My Hero Academia?

www.jennaterese.com

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

@jenwriter17 @rochellaine @valtmy @whoever else

gif

Here to join you guys! KP can’t get rid of their chair-melting dragon so easily. 😉

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@valtmy I have horrible trouble with wanting to move on to the good parts, too. 🙁  Actually I’m right there in my western.  I’ve written a decent sized word count compared to the other times I let you all beta-read, but nothing’s happened, it seems to me, for all those words I wrote. 😮  I don’t know what to do!  I’ll just have to keep going until I get to some sort of interesting part.

@jenwriter17
                            I’m going to depart for a little while now.  I’ll probably be on late tonight like I usually am, talking to @seekjustice and anyone else who lives in Australia or is crazy, like me. 😛

So farewell for now!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@dragon-snapper Oh my, I almost changed my mind and stayed just for that!  Where have you been?  Over in that horrid, newly-sprung town known as Story Embers?  We’ve missed you!

But I’m really going to go now. 🙁  See you all later!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@rochellaine XD It’s good to be back. Actually, I wasn’t over at Story Embers that much either. I tried, but really just couldn’t get into it. Too many people, too many other forums, and I found it harder… harder than here. No, I’m a Kapeefer through and through and there’s nothing that’s keeping me from that. I’ll be around more often here though. Please tag me. 😀

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

valtmy
                                @valtmy

@jenwriter17

Yep that was me! 🙂

@rochellaine

See you!

@dragon-snapper

Welcome back!

Yeah, I tried getting into Story Embers too but it was overwhelming because there seemed to be new people coming in every day before I could even get comfortable with those who were already there.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >