Writers' Corner #17

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #17

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@kaya-young @ariel-ashira

Gracious goodness you guys, I love your signatures 😀

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Catwing
      @catwing
        • Total Posts: 2557

@kaya-young No it’s for the library I go to. I’m not even on SE yet, and I thought we decided that you can be on SE if you stick with KP. I’m innocent! Never the less I will defend my honor with a frying pan if need be! *hup!*
        Frying pan

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Kaya Young
        @kaya-young
          • Total Posts: 272

@catwing  Sorry! Spies are everywhere!

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
          http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Catwing
          @catwing

@kaya-young Yeah. (I’m not too offended. Honestly I just wanted to finally use a gif on here, now to start a war… XP)
            *notices profile picture change* Wait! who are you? A ninja?  Where’s the giraffe?

suspicious

Kaya Young
            @kaya-young
              • Total Posts: 272

@catwing  Lol. I just changed it like three seconds ago. 🙂

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
              http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Catwing
              @catwing

sorry about that gliche… That was my bad…

Catwing
                @catwing

sorry about that glitch… That was my bad…

Catwing
                  @catwing

@kaya-young I’m fast. :3

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice @kaya-young @catwing Oh, wow, you guys! *blushes* Goodness!  I don’t want to be president. 😮 I was actually going to nominate SeekJustice to be queen.  First of all, she’s Australian, so she has the accent for the job. 😛  Second, she has a Babylonian Sabre and an Army of her own.  Sounds like she’s fit for the job already. 😉

What do you people think?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine @kaya-young @ariel-ashira @Catwing

I’ll be your queen, if everyone else agrees, but you can be the prime minister in that case. The rest of you can be the loyal cabinet. 🙂

And its true that I am in posession of an army and a Babylonian sabre. I fail to see, though, how an Australian accent makes you a fit candidate, but I’ll go with it.

*coughs*

G’day, Loyal Kapeefers, 

I greet thee from the bonser land of Oz as your most monarchly monarch. I charge thee to stay true to the fair dinkum land of Pen and to wholeheartedly agree that bilbies are the most true blue things under the sun.

If you should agree with this, raise your slices of Vegemite toast and say in one voice:

IMMA KAPEEFAH TILL I’M OL’ AN’ GRAY!

She’ll be right, mate.

(This message was approved by the new Kapeeferian Government)

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@kaya-young @ariel-ashira @Rochellaine @catwing @dekreel

You have my immediate favour if you read that aloud in a fake Aussie accent

Catwing
                          @catwing

@Seekjustice That’s a good idea since @rochellaine ‘s a law student. :3
                            Yay, President!
                            The Australian accent is a perk, because it sounds really cool. (Though to you it isn’t an accent. 😉 )
                            Also Oz is in the future. Time travel!!!
                            But I don’t think bilbies are blue…
                            IMMA KAPEEFAH Til I’m ol’ an’ gray!

(I read in an Aussie accent X3 )

Rochellaine
                            @rochellaine

@seekjustice It took about four tries, but I think I finally nailed a completely fake and weird Aussie accent. 😛  HI, IMMA KAPEEFAH Till I’m ol’ and gray!

*raises glass* To our queen!!  May she always live happily in the future, but deign someday to return to the past and visit us, her subjects.

About the accent, well, since we don’t have royalty in America, if we’re pretending to be royalty basically the first thing we do is us an accent other than an American accent.  ANY accent, so long as it isn’t American, can be the accent of royalty.  You, with your Australian accent, perfectly fit that specification. 😀  Does that make sense? 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I’m tempted to ask you to record it and send it to me. I’m laughing so much as it is ;P

The first thing to do when faking the completely fake Aussie accent is to drop all Gs at the end of words and to change every ER to AH.

Ah I see. Whereas we all like to fake the completely posh British accent, darling.

Gracious goodness, one can’t really do accents on the internet.

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@seekjustice I don’t know…I could do that, but the horribleness of my pronunciation would probably sound more like an insult to Australians than anything else. 😛

And don’t your i’s sometimes have the “oi” sound similar but not identical to the one the Irish use?  (I have a really good Irish accent.  It’s my best accent, probably, other than my western/southern/mountain one which sounds really cool but is completely fake.)  Speaking accents is hard for me, and I really only use them when singing.

Wowly-wow, why do you keep saying “gracious goodness?”  I tell my sister it means she has dyslexia…

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,005 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >