Writers' Corner #16

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #16

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 921 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing
      • Total Posts: 2557

@seekjustice I must go to bed now. Good night.
      Hopefully you can patch up those plot holes.

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@catwing Okay, goodnight!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine
          • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice I’m back. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I was just about to ask you if you were back yet. How’s it going? are you willing to talk through a plothole with me?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice I’m upset because I want to use a certain picture for my blog post, but don’t know how to use it without being afraid of copyright stuff, so I’m trying to find a private picture that will be boring, but which at least I will own myself.

Sure, *brings bag of dirt* plot hole did you say?  Let’s fill it up.  I’ve got some special storyfixing dirt right here to mend any holes you may have. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah, copyright…the death of bloggers everywhere. not that I don’t appreciate copyright, but you know…it is annoying.

Okay, so at the end of Stars, Sapphire dies, you know that, and she dies because she purposefully places herself in front of Justice. Now, the problem I’m seeing here is that for the past two years Sapphire has lived in a “we’ll do what it takes to survive” sort of mentality and I don’t think a few weeks would be enough to completely break down this mentality. Besides, she doesn’t like Justice very much. On top of all that, she has already decided that Quillon doesn’t mean as much to her as Kai does, so why would she die for Justice? The only person I can see her dying for is Chessy and so I’ve been puzzling over this all day. What do I do?

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice Does she intentionally try to catch the bullet herself, or is she trying to push him out of harm’s way when she gets struck?  In the case of the latter I think it would be perfectly reasonable, since she wouldn’t be actually trying to give her life for him.  What do you think?

I’m going to disappear for about an hour to watch something with my sister.  I might be back later, if I don’t fall asleep afterward. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I had been right. There was the sniper, only two meters away. I opened my mouth, let out an almighty scream and then put my hand over the muzzle of the rifle.

She purposefully puts her hand over the gun. I guess she could get shot accidentally though.

The other thing is: why was she there in the first place? Delivering a letter to Quillon seems like a pretty lame excuse. She’s not impulsive like Chessy, and she could have given him the letter the day before, or she could have given it to him before they marched to the trenches or something.

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice I don’t know if you got my post saying I was leaving, but I’m back now for a very little bit.

Oh yes, now I remember.  That wouldn’t be as easy a fix as some edits, but I don’t think it would be too hard to make it a semi-accident.

Shakespeare said “love is blind, and lovers cannot see/the pretty follies that themselves commit.”  Even if Sapphire isn’t impulsive, she could act differently based on the fact that she is in love with Quillon.  She doesn’t know if she’ll ever see him again!

However, I’m not sure if that’s a really good excuse, so…let me think about it some more.  Unless you’ve already come up with a solution?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Ah no, I hadn’t got that post. That explains everything 🙂

No, I have no solutions. It’s driving me crazy. I’m going to see if I can find a cupcake, because I’m sure that will make me feel better.

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Sorry! 🙂  (But I’ve left suddenly in the past.  Especially when it gets really late.  If I leave suddenly it’s usually because I just crash and fall asleep. 😛 )

Oh yes.  That will make you feel better!  …did you find a cupcake?

Sorry, but I still haven’t thought of anything.  I’m going to leave completely now, I think.  But I’ll let you know tomorrow if I have any ideas!

Goodnight!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Okay good night (or good morning really!)

I’m just going to leave it for now, I have plenty of other editing to do, I’ll work something out sooner or later.

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Oh, yes, I did find a cupcake. It was really nice too. 😛

Alia
                              @alia
                                • Total Posts: 1253

@seekjustice @rochellaine @catwing

anyone on? I’m on early because my mom is on the math computer, and so I don’t have anything to do.

WIP - Decisions
                                Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@alia Are you still here?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 921 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >