Writers' Corner #16

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers' Corner #16

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 921 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

@alia

Welcome! How’s things in your corner of the world?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice Oh, haha.  I’ve done that, too.  Going back through old notes/writings and just thinking, “How could I have forgotten this?!” (That happened with my Daughter of Judas book.  I forgot about it for a long time and was really excited when I reread the beginning.) 😛

Their last name is Doran.  Chara Doran, and she has a single brother, a mom and a dad.  I guess I need a dad name too, but I haven’t mentioned him yet in the book, so I haven’t thought about him really at all yet.  Poor Dad.

@alia
        Hello! What are you working on?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
        @alia
          • Total Posts: 1253

@seekjustice, things are going pretty good, other than the fact the the stinkin computer doesn’t want to work. But I have coffee so I’m happy

@rochellaine
          , I am being unwise and instead of working on Decisions, am writing a short story called Dear Santa. I got the idea from a writing prompt. basically the kid has one day to get on Santa’s naughty list so that his family can have coal and food. I’m making it with a little twist though.

Ahh! I have to go and get ready for work now…well, see y’all later. I might be on in a couple hours again

WIP - Decisions
          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Reading the old notes can either be exhilarating or terrifying. I worked out why Zac is so confused about whether he is Darnay or Carton though. My notes literally say “He is like Charles Darnay and he has an evil uncle”.

Okay…let me think about it. Are you looking for more traditional names, like Sarah, John, etc? or more modern ones?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@alia Coffee’s always good. 🙂 See you later!

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@alia That is a really cool story idea!! Poor little kid. 🙂  I kind of think there’s a theological problem with it, though, don’t you think?  “All’s well that ends well” isn’t exactly a Biblical concept.  (Please don’t be upset.  I’m just asking, and you can write whatever story you want.  And I could be completely wrong about how this story’s going to turn out, especially since you said there’s a “twist.” 😉 )

@seekjustice
                When I think of names, especially since I write a lot of his-fic, I think of the period when the person was named.  So, Chara’s parents would have been named in the 60s-early 70s.  Names like Lana, Cherry, or Linda, maybe.  Pretty traditional, not really “plain, common” names like Susan or Mary.  For her brother, I’d like a simple, but not plain name.  Like Chara, which sounds kind of modern but classic.  Does that make sense?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
                @jenwriter17
                  • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice @rochellaine @alia Are you all still on?

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                  www.jennaterese.com

Alia
                  @alia
                    • Total Posts: 1253

Don’t mind me, I’m just quickly explaining myself

@rochellaine
                    , The first few times I saw the prompt I rolled my eyes because there was no way I was going to endorse doing bad and still coming out the winner. But then the twist came to my head and I figured out how to write it without that being the theme.

WIP - Decisions
                    Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@alia Sounds great! 🙂  By the way, if you’d let me read it when you finish I’d love to, because like I said before, it’s a really cool idea!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@jenwriter17 Yep!

@rochellaine

What about, for the brother: Jay, Marc, Jason, Brandon, Corey…um, that’s all I got for now. Hey wait, I just realised that I took the brother’s names all from the 1970s page, when he wasn’t born then. Oh well 😀

The mother: Michelle, Tanya, Christy, Cindy, Natasha, Melissa.

The father: Timothy, Adam, Danny, Walter, Lawrence, Jared, Zachary (who knew that name was so popular in the 70s?)

That’s all I got for now, let me know if you need some more!

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17
                          • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice @rochellaine @alia Ugh, sorry guys I have to go. I’ll be on later though 🙂

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                          www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 Hello!  Aaaand…goodbye… 🙁  Hope to see you soon!

@seekjustice
                            Haha. 😛  I like Jay, but I already have two boys in the book named Jared and Josiah, so another “j” name might seem a bit much, don’t you think?  (Although alliteration’s always awesome and amazing.)  Marc might be good. (I wrote a whole story with alliteration once.  I made the rule for myself that each sentence/phrase had to be made up of only words that started with the same letter.  Boy, was that hard! 😛 )

Oh, I love Tanya!  But, does Tanya Doran sound okay?  I guess it does.  I also like Christy and Natasha pretty well.  What do you think of Leslie or Vicki?

Wow, you picked a lot of names for the father that I like!  For my specific character I think I’ll narrow it down to, um, Tim and Walter. 🙂  Probably Walter.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

That might be a tad too many Js, but I love J names! I think Marc is good, because it’s a classic name, but the C just makes it a bit different to plain ol’ Mark.

I think Tanya Doran sounds really good!

I think Walter is such a cute name 🙂

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice I love J names too, but I guess for now I’ll go with Marc.

Did you decide to actually edit Stars?  How’s it going?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

I mean, just in one series I have Justice, Joshua, Jean, Jonas, Joseph, and Quillon’s middle name is James.

I read over the second last chapter and made some plans. Yesterday I changed the epilogue for the third time.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 921 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >