Writers’ Corner 01

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers’ Corner 01

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 886 total)
  • Author
    Rochellaine
    @rochellaine
      • Total Posts: 3322

@seekjustice He does sound fascinating.

Well, I had a really cool idea…at least, one I thought was really cool…of making the gang of Bathshua’s brother’s friends Jewish Zealots.  And so I did some research into that group and it was very interesting.  So, now the gang is a Zealot gang. 😛  We’ll see how that goes.  Hopefully it works.  I feel like it’s going to give them a little more depth than just a highway gang who steal food and money.  Although, some Zealot groups weren’t much more than that, from what I’ve heard… 😉

But I might need to send my characters over to learn from Justice or Jonas some tips on making a passionate speech for a cause. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
      @seekjustice
        • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

I feel like you and me both are like “Oh, I was doing some research and I discovered this cool fact and so now I’ve completely changed this whole aspect of my story”. 😛 Does sound like a good idea though! I like it.

😛

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
        @rochellaine

@seekjustice Haha, yeah.  That’s pretty much how it went. 😛

Now I have to ask, have you discovered any new musicals?  Or, what have you been listening to lately? (And has it influenced your writing at all?)

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice

@rochellaine

No actually. I don’t think I’ve found a really enjoyable new musical in months 🙁 Right now, I’m listening to ATOTC, because I haven’t listened to that in ages and had forgotten how much I loved it. I’ve also really enjoyed listening to The Prince of Egypt movie soundtrack and the Broadway release too. What about you?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

valtmy
            @valtmy
              • Total Posts: 732

@rochellaine

Slowly wading through QOD though I am getting distracted by research for a political satire romantic comedy idea…

@seekjustice

I’m low-key interested in what an actual planned romance from you will look like. 😛

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@valtmy

Probably very awkward and cringy, to be quite honest.

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice

I’ve heard a couple of songs from The Prince of Egypt and liked them, but I haven’t ever looked into it beyond that.  I think that I shall plan on doing so, one of these days. 🙂

Did you ever get a chance to listen to those songs from Only the Brave?  I keep wishing I could hear the rest of the soundtrack, rather than just the three that are available.

I actually listened to a really silly musical soundtrack lately. 🙂  My brother has a fancy radio in his car, that gets the broadway channel, so I turned it to that one day and the musical A Year with Frog and Toad (based on the children’s book) came on.  I was intrigued, and very amused, so I looked it up, and really enjoyed it. 😛  I wonder if I’d ever have found it, had it not been on the radio.  It’s not something I would have thought to look up on my own, for sure. 😛

Did you ever read Frog and Toad as a kid?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@valtmy Well, getting distracted by a political satire romantic comedy idea honestly sounds really fun. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Yeah, I did end up listening to them and I liked them!

Prince of Egypt is very good. I enjoyed the movie a lot and the soundtrack for the Broadway also sounds really good.

Ah yes, I did read Frog and Toad as a early reader. I remember being very unimpressed, but my attitude towards kids books has softened as of late, so maybe I might enjoy a silly musical about them 😛

valtmy
                      @valtmy
                        • Total Posts: 732

@seekjustice

I can relate to that. I feel so self-conscious whenever I try to write something romantic that the non-romantic scenes in QOD are so much more enjoyable.

@rochellaine

Yes, well. This particular idea of mine is rather different in that it will be set in a modern democracy (instead of a historical setting) with all the drama that comes with opposing political parties. To avoid any harm to real life persons or nations since it touches close to home, I’m thinking to build a fictional country to set the story in. So I’m doing research on the histories of different countries to see if they could provide a suitable base. You can see where that can lead.

I like the songs in Prince of Egypt so you should check them out 😀

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice

How accurate is Prince of Egypt, storywise? 😉

It is a very silly musical. 😛 About as silly as a musical could be, I imagine.  But I really like the costume design, because they don’t dress the characters in animal costumes.  They dress them in costumes which evoke the colors and textures and personality of the animal character instead.  So that’s pretty interesting.

Well, I’ll have to go now, since I have to be up early in the morning, but it was wonderful getting to chat with you again!

Happy writing!

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@valtmy

I see.  Sounds like some complicated research you’ve got going there. 😛

All right, Prince of Egypt is on my list! 🙂

Farewell, and happy writing/researching! 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
                            @william-starkey
                              • Total Posts: 634

@rochellaine @seekjustice @valtmy I am currently on…working on various documents, and working through linguistical…things.

Romance seems to be a concurrent theme going around. XD

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice @valtmy @jenwriter17 @alia

I am here!  Is anyone else around?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Alia
                                @alia
                                  • Total Posts: 1253

@rochellaine

are you still here??? Please tell me you’re still here

WIP - Decisions
                                  Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 886 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >