Writers’ Corner 01

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writers’ Corner 01

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 886 total)
  • Author
    Alia
    @alia
      • Total Posts: 1253

@rochellaine

hold on *runs to grab confetti* CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so excited for you and your fiancé! I pray God will bless your engagement and marriage!

WIP - Decisions
      Kapeefer til we're old and grey

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@alia

Thank you! 😀 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@rochellaine

There’s a theme, but within that theme its pretty free range 😀 I won’t leak anything though 😉

WHAT??? Really?? that’s awesome! To a certain young gentleman I remember?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

@seekjustice

I see.  Well, it sounds fun. 🙂  I’ll be patient and wait for further news. 😉

Yes, the very one. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

That’s so exciting! *squeals*.

Do you have a particular date/month/general time yet?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@seekjustice

We’re thinking sometime in January, but a specific date hasn’t been set yet. 🙂

It’s also complicated to plan for a winter wedding with everything still shut down, because we might not be able to rent a venue, and we can’t just have it outside like we had my brother’s this summer.  So, we’ll see what happens. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

@seekjustice

Has anything else new happened with you lately besides the internship?  How have the job applications been going?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                  @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Its hard for me to remember that January is winter for you guys 😀 But yeah, that does sound a bit complex. I imagine weddings are logistical nightmares at the moment.

Not really. I certainly am not getting married any time soon, not that I haven’t been keeping an eye out 😛 Still haven’t got a job and have lost track of the amount of applications. 😀 So I’m spending time working my dogs and writing at the moment.

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine

@seekjustice

Haha, maybe we should have the wedding in Australia, so it can be in summer. 😛

Ah, too bad.  I’ll keep praying that it works out for you.

…but at least, working with dogs and writing sounds like a bunch of fun. 😛 Have you been writing anything besides articles and blog posts?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@rochellaine

My best friend got married in January this year and it turned out to be a fairly chilly day for the height of Australian summer 😛

I have been working on Draft 4 of TSFI as well 😉

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@seekjustice

My fiancé came to visit once in January, (he lives up north) and it happened that we had very warm weather that weekend, and he went back home to a snowstorm.  So his only experience with Maryland winter weather was that it was perfect for outdoor activities. 😛  I’ve been telling him that it’s not usually the case… 😛

Wonderful!  I recently read almost the entirety of your last draft, which I hadn’t had time for when you first sent it out, and I absolutely loved it. (I still have to get to those last couple chapters…all the death scenes… 😛 )  A bunch of the stuff I hadn’t liked about the second draft was fixed, and it flowed a lot better than it had previously, I thought.  Anyway, I’m glad to hear you’re working on it again.  How many more edits do you think you’re going to do?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice

Oh, wait, since you live below the equator does north mean warmer for you, and south mean colder?

Because here, north is definitely colder. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                            @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Pretty sure that’s how every traveller feels about our area too. At the moment, the wind is absolutely howling and its freezing. but the other day, it was sunny and the perfect temperature. 🙁

Thank you! That actually means so much. I only had two other people read it and the reviews were not glowing 😀 I’m not sure how many more edits I’ll do. I think I’m going to do a complete rewrite for this draft. I think the previous draft was pretty close to what I want, but its not quite there. So I’m hoping one more big edit and then getting down into the nitty gritty.

I also need to sort out the sequels because they are a hot mess :l

Rochellaine
                              @rochellaine

@seekjustice

Yeah, it wouldn’t be so bad if you could predict it, but the unpredictability is what makes it so hard to plan things. 🙂

Well, here’s me pouring phosphorescence all over your book. 😛  I’ll be looking forward to seeing the new draft once you’re through with it.

Haha! 😛  Sequels are fun, and also a terrible pain.

By the way, I saw The Scarlet Pimpernel in the store a couple of days ago and I thought of you, and I almost got it, but decided to wait, since I’m in the middle of a couple other books right now.  I’m keeping it on my list, though. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Aw, thanks 🙂 I’ll definitely let you know when its done.

They are the worst pains in the writing world 😀

I love the Scarlet Pimpernel! (I mean, obviously). I definitely think you’ll enjoy it.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 886 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >