Would You Rather Character Edition

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Would You Rather Character Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 451 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

Why have I never played this game??

Okay.

@rochellaine
      Chessy and Sapphire would both take the first aid kit. Justice would take the gun. Zac would be too drunk to take either.

@leumeister
      I think Chessy would probably like being animated. Sapphire and Justice are too practical to want to be animated. They’d both want to be live actors.

@jenwriter17
      Chessy would take the jetpack, just cause. Justice probably would too. Sapphire would go for the backpack that might be a parachute. If we’re being honest, Zac would just jump off.

@dekreel
      Chessy would like to be rescued. Justice and Sapphire wouldn’t mind never climbing again. Zac would fall out of the tree.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Leumeister
      @leumeister
        • Total Posts: 244

@rochellaine

Haha! Nice! XD I think I have a dramatic reveal in my most “active” projects (one project is more active in my mind… I really should start writing it…).

That might be it. There was probably a lot of post-processing as well. I actually don’t like the DIS Klingon makeup very much. It looks too…artificial? The Klingon makeup in TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT looks a lot more organic. Oh, that’s it! It’s the skin color! XD

Let’s leave it at “He’s got good taste.” 😛 And I don’t like it because the rapid evolution was quite freaky… I mean, poor Tom lost his tongue! If that’s not squicky, I don’t know what is! :s
        Wait, was Babel the one about a race from the Gamma Quadrant that thought Bajor was some prophesied planet or something? If so, then I’m kind of disappointed. :/ 😛

Ahh, I see. Not enough womanness. Yeah, I can see that. But it could be part of her backstory, as well as her Klingon heritage. She was bullied a lot for being a hybrid. … Thinking about it now, it actually makes me kinda sad, which is good, because that means they wrote a good character! ^_^ So maybe her “toughness” is a front she puts on to protect herself… Have you seen the episode where the Vidiians separated her human and Klingon DNA and cloned her Klingon side, to try and find a cure for the… Ugh.. Fayge! … It’s not Fayge, it’s phage (phah-jh)… But I digress….
        Writing “strong” woman characters is a very fine line. Go too far in the strong direction, and you’ve basically got a male character who’s actually a girl. Too far in the other, and you’ve got SJWs breathing down your neck. 😛

I am? … Okay. Thanks! 😛 (Mind explaining what you’re talking about? XD) Yeah, I’m an animation nerd. 😛 I appreciate plots and characters, acting and emotions too. There’s this show on Netflix called ReBoot: The Guardian Code, and it’s got a lot of animation, and it’s rendered with Unreal Engine, a triple-A game engine that has graphics that are, if ReBoot is anything to go by, good enough for TV shows (it looks kinda flat to me, but it’s in a computer, so I can forgive it). However, the story’s kinda… Ehh… Good VFX shouldn’t carry a movie or show, it should add to its story.

Okay, I’ll have to give it chance then. The first episode with Kirk in it was interesting… I liked the costumes for the girls better in that one. 😛 I also liked Trouble with Tribbles. I haven’t seen many others… at least any that I can remember… Oh, I saw Mudd’s Women. Interesting premise. It had visible morality. I’ll be honest, I haven’t seen many episodes. But I also know that the budget in the 2nd and 3rd seasons got slashed, and the more interesting stories didn’t really have a chance to air.

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17
          • Total Posts: 2522

@seekjustice Haha, yes somehow I can see Zac just leaping off 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
          www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@leumeister My “dramatic reveal” was actually on a story we were doing here on KP where each person would add a sentence to the story, like a huge collaboration.  It started right after a battle, and I thought it was kind of his-fic, so I joined in, but people here like fantasy so much it started to turn into fantasy, where the people had been battling over a “stone” which I assume was meant to have some religious or fantastical significance or something.  I very nearly abhor fantasy, so when I got a chance I had someone beam in next to the characters holding the “stone” and demand the “machine.” 😛  However, that was a bit of a fail because a few people became very confused, having never seen Star Trek, Stargate, or anything else with beaming, and they had no idea what had just happened. 😮  So I had to explain it, after all, and eventually someone had the characters all beamed up to the ship, where the story continued. 😛  So yeah, that was my dramatic reveal.  It was all a ploy to get out of a fantasy story.

No, no, no! 😀  Babel is the one where O’Brien is working in the machinery and accidentally triggers a box left there by the resistance/underground (sorry if that’s not right.  I don’t know DS9’s backstory very well) while the station was still in the hands of the other people. (Again, no idea what “people” I’m talking about here… 😛 )  The box contains a virus which gets into everything on the ship and starts making almost everyone talk in complete gibberish.  I don’t actually remember how it was solved, since it’s been a really long time since I watched it.  But I remember Sisko was really good in that one, and I especially liked the scene where Jake got the virus and he was really scared trying to talk to his dad, but couldn’t because it all came out gibberish, and Captain Sisko was having a really hard time and very emotional.  Anyway, if that explanation doesn’t help you remember, I guess you’ll have to look it up on Wikipedia or Memory Alpha. 😛

Nope, I haven’t seen that episode.  Yeah, writing good female characters is hard.  I prefer to read about/watch women who are strong spiritually or emotionally rather than physically.  I mean, I like both fine, but if the woman is physically stronger than the man it’s pretty weird.  Especially when that happens all the time in modern stuff.

Oh, I just mean that I tried for a really long paragraph to explain what was going on in those episodes, and still had trouble, and then you just used a couple of short sentences to give the entire description really easily. 😉

Which episode was the “first Kirk episode?”  I’ve been trying to figure out which costumes you’re referring to, but can’t.  I like most 60s “space age” costumes, though, both male and female.  I’ve actually seen several other 50s and 60s sci-fi space films and shows.  Have you seen any besides Star Trek: TOS?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
            @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh no, but Zac gets better!!! 🙁 Why do you only have his bad side here?  It made me so sad when you said he would just jump off… *weeps*  You killed him once, please don’t do it again!  It was hard enough the first time, I don’t think I could stand for my favorite character to die repeatedly.  Ah, you’ve broken my heart.

Are you going to ask a question?  I would answer some more questions, but the last few people who have posted haven’t asked questions with their answers, so I don’t have anything new to answer. 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

@r0chellaine

Because I enjoy making fun of Zac, which is unfair, I guess, since I’ve already killed him. We shouldn’t make fun of the dead.

Ah, I meant to do that but I got distracted.

Would your character rather…become a musician or an artist?

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
                @seekjustice

@rochellaine your tag turned out weird. Sorry. 🙂

Leumeister
                  @leumeister

@seekjustice

I’ve got a character who wanted to be a musician, actually, but circumstances prevented that from happening. So she’d rather be a musician.

Would your character rather be forced to die, or to live forever inside a computer simulation?

Leumeister
                    @leumeister

The one I was referring to would rather live forever in a computer sim.

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@leumeister

Ooh.

My character would probably all rather die, but @rochellaine would like Zac to live forever, even if it was just in a simulation, wouldn’t you, Rochellaine?

Leumeister
                        @leumeister
                          Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine

@seekjustice Oh, I forgot to answer you. Sorry!  Hm, I think that’ll be one of the ways Chara is different from me.  I’ll say she’d want to be an artist.  Derek would rather be a musician.  I think Raelyn would, too, but I’m not sure.  Raelyn would probably be a musician just so she could be like her brother. 😉

Oh, oh.  Why are you asking me this?! 😛  Viewing Zac as a fictional character I would like him to live forever because there would be more stories about him, but viewing him as a human being I would rather he die because living forever inside a computer would be horrible, but if he could die he would go to heaven. 😀

@leumeister
                            Following the above logic I think all my characters would rather die.  I’m not sure about Raelyn, since I don’t know if she’s mature enough to make that decision, but she’s intelligent, so I think she would probably rather die.

(You’d have to kill them yourself, though, since it’s a widely known and much bantered fact around here that I don’t kill my characters.)

Okay, here’s my question, everyone.  Would your character(s) rather be extremely allergic to all meats or all fruits?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
                            @daughteroftheking
                              • Total Posts: 1156

@rochellaine Katie would rather be allergic to all meat. She really loves sorbet. 🙂 Brant would rather be allergic to meat, too. I’ve never really thought about it, but I’m pretty sure fairies are vegetarians. I’ll have to think about that some more… *thinking face* Jasper would rather be allergic to fruit, ’cause she’s a wolf. 😛 Ogden would rather be allergic to meat, and William would rather be allergic to fruit just to be different from almost everyone else.

Would your character rather have to make a terrible decision, or never be able to make an important decision again?

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

SeekJustice
                              @seekjustice

@rochellaine

Chessy and Sapphire would probably rather be allergic to meat, while Justice would probably prefer being allergic to fruit.

@daughteroftheking

Weeelll…..the amount of terrible decisions my characters have already made is rather phenomenal. And they have to live with those choices, so I guess they’d all rather make a terrible choice, rather than never get to make an important choice again.

My question….hmm

Would your character rather…plan absolutely everything meticulously or have to do absolutely everything spontaneously?

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@daughteroftheking Let’s see…Chara would rather – um – probably never make an important decision again.  She would rather have other people make the important decisions for her.  (She’ll stick with deciding what to wear each day and what to buy her family for Christmas. 😛 )

@seekjustice
                                  When asked that question regarding a specific decision, Chara would rather plan meticulously, but she has fun when other people do things spontaneously.  Which is why it’s great that Raelyn would definitely pick spontaneity.  I have no idea about Derek.  I think he’s somewhere in between, so I won’t force him to make the decision. 😉

My question: Would your character rather cook dinner for two hundred people at once, or never have any guests for a year?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 451 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >