Why did you start writing? Why are you still writing?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Mission, Calling & Ethics Why did you start writing? Why are you still writing?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @lewilliams
      • Total Posts: 252

@arien Whoa, sounds like you have a lot of book-loving people in your family!!! I can only imagine the family reunions… *jealous sigh*

Heh, I think I talked about that story in a different thread—basically it’s about a girl who suddenly inherits a kingdom (and a MASSIVE debt from the previous rulers), and has to go on a quest to plunder a dragon’s hoard. It had a handful of Western elements (like, the book opened with a train exploding; there was a vaguely magical, vaguely Texan desert; one character had dueling pistols), but I eventually changed it because it just didn’t fit The Vibe I had in my head for that story. It was fun while it lasted though!

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Elizabeth
      @lewilliams
        • Total Posts: 252

@keilah-h I think it’s super awesome that you write fanfiction!! The world definitely could use more quality fan works in it—they’re so much fun, and I admire the people who can write them (like you!) I also think that’s super neat that you’re writing from your own experience/frustrations. I don’t have autism, but I have a brother who does, and find myself echoing some of those same frustrations. One of the characters in my current WIP has autism, and I I’m trying my best to do him justice!

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@lewilliams Yep! I love fanfics. They’re 99% of my writing.

I like giving villain characters redemption arcs…and I also like marrying off official fandom characters to OC’s (if they don’t have a good ship already)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Arien
          @arien
            • Total Posts: 193

@lewilliams

Sounds like a really interesting story!

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
            -Christopher Blakewell

Arien
            @arien

@lewilliams

And yeah, family get-togethers can be really fun and/or really, really obscure/weird!

-Christopher Blakewell

Arien
              @arien

@koshka

I grew up in and around books, and I guess it just naturally transferred to writing them. My siblings and I made up stories and histories for our made up play world’s, and we always intended to write them down.

Exactly!

I love words; how they work, how they change, and the pictures they create. I have ideas and tales in my head that just won’t go away. I read a new book and see all the ways my characters could relate to them. Most of all I guess I’m still in love with story.

Yes, me too! I love words and languages and how they evolve. It just fascinates me!

-Christopher Blakewell

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >