What’s your biggest strength and weakness as a writer?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Topic of the Week What’s your biggest strength and weakness as a writer?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Elishavet Pidyon
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Total Posts: 1013

My biggest weakness is plotting and creating faulty characters. It’s strange, but my characters might not be perfect, but they don’t have faults. Or perhaps I should say they haven’t told me what they are yet.

About my plots…*heavy sigh*. I have only one book with aa beate out plot, but it is my latest, so maybe I’m getting better.

I would say my strength is my worlds. They’re fun, and I spend too much time on them, most likely.

By the by, I love editing! Making jumbled sentences sound better is like washing dusty windows: satisfying. We’ll, for me it is, nevermind.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elfwing
      @elfwing
        • Total Posts: 486

@kathleenramm I am so late to this topic, i haven’t been on here in over two weeks lol

Well my greatest strength? whew, I am not sure; probably making new worlds and ideas with every moment I am awake and not preoccupied with life, so… endless ideas that I can use in stories? XD

Weakness…

Well, I’d say Im weak in a lot of areas, but greatest one would be remembering that people cannot see the world I have galloping around in my head 24/7, and so I forget to explain surroundings unless they play a role in the scene and since looks aren’t really important to me, I don’t always remember to write them. so people are often going “ummmm well, it’s emotional, original and good, but I have no clue what the terrain is, what it looks like, what the charries look like, etc”  XD

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      >