What is going on anymore

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What is going on anymore

• This topic has 106 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by RAE.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Lydia S.
    @lydia-s
      • Total Posts: 399

@devastate-lasting

Ah, yes, sunlight… So nice after a winter of being stuck inside doing schoolwork. XD

How has your summer been?

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@lydia-s Extreme lack of sunlight. Making me question life and myself and everything else. Losing my mind daily. No writing to be seen or heard. I wish I had made different choices for this summer, but it is too late for regret.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

LoopyLin
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2011

@devastate-lasting

Hey, I don’t really know you or what you’re going through, but I just prayed for you and will try to remember to keep praying. I hope you’re able to get some sunshine and sleep and maybe a hug from someone. I would totally give you that hug if I could though a computer. Instead maybe I could draw your favorite animal or something for you to cheer you up a bit? If you want.

Anyway, I’m praying that things will get better for you ❤️

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting

@loopylin Aww, thank you! It’s mainly just. A lot of stresses and anxieties adding up together, especially since I’ve been basically under solitary confinement for the majority of this summer, but I only have a week left, so I’m just praying it gets better then, because at least I’ll have more to distract myself with. Thank you for your prayers though <3.

Lydia S.
            @lydia-s
              • Total Posts: 399

@devastate-lasting

Agh, oh no… Sending you many hugs, friend! I hope and pray this season ends soon so you can enjoy some rest and sunshine. ❤️

Linyang Zhang
              @devastate-lasting

@lydia-s Thanks… I’m out of work now for like a week and a half, so things are brighter already. Probably lol.

RAE
                @rae
                  • Total Posts: 2993

@devastate-lasting

I came across your profile in my looking through old kp posts from about five-eight years ago. Now I’m wondering, what’s life like for you now? Have you ever published your works? What are your works?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                  #theclonesdeservedbetter
                  #HugRikerSquad
                  #HugHans

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@rae Wow, that’s kinda embarassing for me, I was kinda hoping all my posts from those times would be buried, hahaha.

Well, I’m still ploughing through college, trying to think about what I’m gonna do after graduation. I want to write, but I don’t know how realistic that is. I’ve completed a couple novels that I feel are decent quality at this point, and while I want to get published I haven’t the time to attempt that.

I’m in between novels right now, working on two short novelettes and preparing for my next one, which is going to be a fantasy, But I’ve had a lot of works in the past, if there are any you really want to hear about I can tell you about it ^^.

RAE
                    @rae

@devastate-lasting

I’m open.

I’m a curious type of girl (hence the looking through old old posts and looking at people’s profiles) I like to here about stuff other people write and seeing if it would be a book I would read (I’m very picky about books, if they don’t grab me and pull me in, they aren’t going to be finished) plus, I love meeting new MC friends!

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                      #theclonesdeservedbetter
                      #HugRikerSquad
                      #HugHans

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting

@rae Interesting, interesting. I’ll give you a quick rundown of the couple of works from the past few years which I would more seriously consider publishing, in order that I wrote them.

Jacobson’s – Joey Garcia, working at a small seaside shop called Jacobson’s, is ready for yet another listless summer in his stagnant life. But after a customer brings in a strange book, he finds himself trapped in a time loop, and it seems that the only way out involves two mysterious skater boys and looking back at people from his past…

The Wanderer and the Wayward – After his brother leaves home and becomes a notorious serial killer, a monster known as the Occulus, Jeremiah Han is sent by his father to find him and bring him back. Bound by guilt and duty to his father, Jeremiah has no choice but to do everything in his power to go after the Occulus, even if it means taking the fall for his brother’s crimes.

The Mafia of Heather Flights

Micah Radcliffe is one of the youngest and most successful businessmen in Heather Flights, CEO of the company Rose Corp. But in reality, he is just one of the many leaders of organized crime that run the underworld beneath the isolated city. However, when he refuses a deal with a mysterious drug dealer, the world which he has carefully constructed around himself begins to fall apart…

Ethan Radcliffe has always lived in his brother’s shadow. He’s fine with it; after all, he’s considered cowardly and weak by most of the people around him. But what is this wrenching feeling around his heart? Ethan thought that maybe doing something drastic would ease his burden, but now he just feels more guilty than ever. In his new position, however, and with the help of two people who shouldn’t exist, he starts seeing things in a different light…

A story of two brothers, a dying experiment, guilt and revenge, all in this isolated city of Heather Flights…

And…yeah, haha. Would you read these?

RAE
                        @rae

@devastate-lasting

The Wanderer and the Wayward

The Mafia of Heather Flights 

If you ever publish these two books, YOU MUST TAG ME!!!!!! I would read these.

Jacobson’s

So, If I just picked this book up at the library and read the back cover, I honestly most likely wouldn’t read it. It’s mysterious and I like those types of books sometimes, but it most likely won’t capture me at first glance. But that doesn’t mean don’t publish it, there will be people who will like it, just I wouldn’t read it if I randomly picked it up.

But…

You’ve still got me curious. I always read the first sentence or first paragraph of a book I pick up, and what is your first paragraph?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                          #theclonesdeservedbetter
                          #HugRikerSquad
                          #HugHans

RAE
                          @rae

Signed,

An eager me

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                            #theclonesdeservedbetter
                            #HugRikerSquad
                            #HugHans

Linyang Zhang
                            @devastate-lasting

@rae Oop sorry a lot of things happened between when I last replied and now, haha. Let me find it…

Outside there was a guy on a skateboard riding around the half-deserted lot in front of the store. He had blonde hair that was getting in need of a hair cut, and wire glasses perched dangerously on the end of his nose as he attempted a flip. Halfway he tripped and stumbled a few steps down the sidewalk, then caught hold of the end of the board and glanced at Joey.

RAE
                              @rae

@devastate-lasting

Hmmm…Now I think I might read this book if I had time.

Two comments:

1)

Outside there was a guy on a skateboard riding around the half-deserted lot in front of the store. He had blonde hair that was getting…

So I think that thses two sentences could potentially flow into each other better.

2) Ignore this one if you don’t want to change it but the title bothers me. It fits the story, but does it grab?

Anyways, as is usually what happens when I meet amazing people on KP, I always am curious about their writing, and if you post anything else (recommended from my corner of the world 🙂 ) tag me!!!!!

P. S. Is your favorite color blue?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                                #theclonesdeservedbetter
                                #HugRikerSquad
                                #HugHans

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting

@rae Hmm, I mean, my drafting title for this book was Past the Waves and the Firefly Lights, I don’t know if that’s any better, but I changed it to Jacobson’s once I established the name for the shop since I thought it might fit a bit better… Not sure though, heh.

I have a lot of writing posted on my website, actually. Which, not gonna lie, needs to be updated. And if you want to join that newsletter… 😉

https://authorlinyang.wixsite.com/home

A lot is from a long time ago though, there’s nothing recent on it so…yeah. Nothing good. But all still readable.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 106 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >