What is going on anymore

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions What is going on anymore

• This topic has 106 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by RAE.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting
      • Total Posts: 1700

Yo. So it’s been a while since I’ve been back on this forum, so I just wanted to ask. What’s going on. I haven’t received any newsletters, no new articles, stories, or question of the week… Who are all the new people. Do you guys want to introduce yourself to me or something. Any major events go on while I wasn’t here? Etc.

Heck, idk who to even tag anymore.

Lately, it's been on my brain
      Would you mind letting me know
      If hours don't turn into days

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2793

@devastate-lasting

Hello Hello!

Yes, Kp has many new people 😂 me included XD

I joined I think 4-5 months ago? And I’d say we’ve had about 10 or more new people since I joined. (not all active)

I’m mineralizedwritings, I wright dystopian ya, make comicy stuff, and draw. I’ve only got one main WIP, but a couple ideas for future ones. Yeah, kp doesn’t make articles now that I know of. I haven’t seen any knew ones. We don’t have topic of the week topics anymore for some reason, they were kinda dead when I arrived here.

As for what’s going on here:

We have the usual random topics of conversation. Then there’s about 3 roleplays give or take, some more active than others. Character castle is the most active, but @godlyfantasy12 has a backstory rp (characters from different stories watch there backstories together, like a movie) it’s not extremely active atm. We’ve got about 4 give or take of us who share current chapters of our WIP’s with some regularity, me being one of them.

So yeah! Happy to have you back (even though I just met you lol) It must be confusing with so many new names! How long have you been writing for and what genre do you write? (Feel free to share anything else you want to)

へびは かっこいい です!

Otherworldly Historian
        @otherworldlyhistorian
          • Total Posts: 215

@devastate-lasting

Hello.

I literally joined earlier this week do I am not the best person to ask but I would love to introduce myself.

I mostly write (and read) fantasy/sci-fi. My current (and only really worked on) WIP is a series called the Kharvian Anthology. It is kind of complicated and I would mostly recommend looking at the WIP forum if you want to know more (and don’t mind getting lore dumped all over you).

As of what is going on I would ask my twin @folith-feolin.

Anyway it is cool to see that you have returned. Also do you have an interesting WIP/completed book?

Through darkness,
          light shines brightest

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

@devastate-lastin dunno what’s going on with the articles and stuff but there’s tons of new ppl now!!! We’re just hanging and chatting l, discussing our WIPs, sharing them, giving advice, doing roleplays, having fun, giving critiques, discussing issues with our WIPs or concerns, etc. the forum is pretty active every day with all the new member.

There is:

@loopylin
            @theloonyone @felicity @freedomwriter76 @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6 @princesachronicle22 @folith-feolin @arien @starofthenorth @esther-c @sarafini @keilah-h

and a others (not all of these are new of course)

And of course Mineral and Historian who introduced themselves above!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Lydia S.
            @lydia-s
              • Total Posts: 399

@devastate-lasting

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I haven’t heard about any changes or seen any announcements. Granted, I haven’t been very active either.

Most of the crew that was active when I started isn’t around much anymore. The activity is mostly carried on by the latest members. I haven’t seen Isabelle or Kaitlyn or Natalie or Gracie in a while, but Joy/JC and Kathleen pop on every so often. Besides that, godlyfantasy12 is the only one who’s regularly active, I think. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 692

@devastate-lasting

Hey, I’m Sara aka sarafini

I’ve been on for a month and I think I’m pretty active. I usually post 4-5 days every week so far. That’s definitely more active than some. Granted I’ve only been on a month and am still exploring so my activeness might change. I have no idea with the articles and such. There hadn’t been any new topics for awhile before I showed up. I tried to ask them if they were going to start up topics of the week again. No one replied but I also didn’t tag anyone (I didn’t know who to tag). Anyway, welcome back!

Folith-Feolin
                @folith-feolin
                  • Total Posts: 310

@devastate-lasting

I don’t know exactly why so many people have joined recently (as for me I was actually joined after reading a kp article (albeit the article I read was over 2 years old)

Orielle2023
                  @orielle21
                    • Total Posts: 173

@devastate-lasting

Yo Ho. Hi! Nice to meet you. I’m one of the newbies here on KP. My sister @felicity told me about KP and I have been motivated again to pick up my pen and write. It’s hard finding time now that I am adulting. 😉 I’m a home school graduate, currently working full time as a barista. I love people and birds and play violin and am learning Spanish. Also, I am a huge Tolkien fan. If you like historical fiction, I’ve been sharing my novella about a girl named Annie Adams during the pioneer time period. I’ll tag you next time I post and feel free to critique if you want. I have a couple WIPs going right now. I’ve written a book and would love to write four more to make a series. I’m planning on sharing some of it here at some point.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Orielle2023.

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Elishavet Pidyon
                    @elishavet-pidyon
                      • Total Posts: 1013

@devastate-lasting

I’m still here…. A little cloaked lass wandering the Wood Between the Worlds and slowly making her way through the dreaded land of Algebra (which does have it’s nice spots, to be honest. Just a lot of dark lore.)

And still in the plotting/drafting stage both of my WIPs.

Most of what happens on here is talking about our WIPs, asking one another questions, shocking each other by our character deaths and plot twists, and having a bit of authorly madness fun in the Role Plays.

I have no idea about the articles. I hope they start up again. I really enjoyed them. And the short fiction. I think personal publications are still being done (ones outside of contests).

Maybe we should all get together stuff and request publication. It could be short stories, poems, or articles even (do they do songs? Or illustrations? I obviously haven’t had anything published on here yet, lol.), but it would get it going. We could divide up over the months so that each month had several posted. Maybe we could even send in a bunch of stuff for a collective publication each week/two weeks/month (the name of which escapes me at the moment). That way the work would be distributed. We have several comic strip artists, maybe they’d like to do a comic a month. (Like Rabbit Trails from Rabbit Room, but not necessarily as frequent and definitely KP themed.)

Or any of that might be too much to keep going consistently for even a little time. I don’t know, it was just a few thoughts.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting
                        • Total Posts: 1700

@mineralizedwritings Heya! Nice to meet you! Did you draw your profile picture? It looks very cute. I’d also love to hear more about your WIP at some point; I don’t meet many dystopian writers.

I have been writing for maybe around seven years? I write a lot of different things, usually fantasy, but also crime, slice-of-life, sometimes sci-fi… I want to dabble in a lot of genres.

I’m looking forward to meeting you guys! I want to be more active on here, since I basically forgot about it, lol.

@otherworldlyhistorian
                        Nice to meet you! I’ll try to check out the rest of the forum, but do you have a short blurb you wanna share with me now? Sounds like a cool name. I sure hope my WIP is interesting, but yeah, I just completed a sci-fi novel! Not very sci-fi but that’s what I put it under.

@godlyfantasy12
                        Ayooo I’m glad to see you’re still here! Sounds like a fun time! I’d love to get in on the action soon! (if I ever have time… T^T). Hopefully the KP team will be back soon, I heard they’re very busy.

@lydia-s
                        Eyy Lydia glad to see you! How’s it going? What have you been working on?

@sarafini Nice to meet you Sara! Glad to see you’re active, I hope I can interact with you more in the future! I think they’re going to start up stuff soon, maybe give a few months, fingers crossed.

@folith-feolin
                        Oo, the mysteries of marketing. Thanks for the welcome, and welcome to the forum!

@orielle21
                        For real, it’s hard to write when you’re adulting. Very much feel this. Your WIP sounds cool! I’m glad that you’re writing again. Seems like you’ve been doing a lot! It all sounds very cool though.

@elishavet-pidyon
                        Heyy, nice to see you again! Myself I’ve been going through some brutal training arcs, and I have a lot coming up for me starting next week… 🥲It would be cool to request publication! I know I could use some of that, haha…

Lately, it's been on my brain
                        Would you mind letting me know
                        If hours don't turn into days

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@elishavet-pidyon

Great ideas! Sounds like fun!!

I would love for kp to have more content, the articles and stuff are fun. Idk about our other comic people’s here, but one comic page takes me about 3-4 hours I believe? That’s with it already written, and does not include scanning and editing. Idk, I’ve never timed it, they just take forever XD I wouldn’t be able to much of that for kp, but maybe some of our other comic peeps have the time!

And yes, the roleplays could be classified as madness as well 🤣

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@devastate-lasting

Heya! Nice to meet you! Did you draw your profile picture? It looks very cute. I’d also love to hear more about your WIP at some point; I don’t meet many dystopian writers.

Thanks! Nice to meet you too! I did draw it. That’s my OC Maylee. Sure! I call it dystopian because I have no other genre to put it in, but it’s not a super downer like most.

Basically a long time ago there was a devastating civil war between two major political groups (Think if America was 20 times more divided than it already is) The land was destroyed, forcing people to live in bunkers underground. The bunkers are large and connected, but split by what political group they came from originally. The mc’s live in the west hills bunker, which split from the east hills bunker about 40 years prior. Tauren and Lesli are miners in the mining district (16 and 18) and also childhood friends. They’ve heard that the outside world is “beyond repair”, like all kids have. The sun burns your skin, it’s uninhabitable, yata yata. Lesli’ world is turned upside down by her parents divorce, causing her to move to the professions district with her mom. She doesn’t fit in, and wants an escape from her new life. Is it worth the risk of trying to escape?

Ok anyways, that was quite the rant. I apologize. If you ever want to read it, I’ve got a forum topic called “I started my WIP, would you guys keep reading this story?” There’s about 25k words of it sprinkled throughout about 11 posts there. If you do, feel free to give critiques!

I have been writing for maybe around seven years? I write a lot of different things, usually fantasy, but also crime, slice-of-life, sometimes sci-fi… I want to dabble in a lot of genres.

That’s really cool! I’m trying to have a slice of life feel to my series to keep it from feeling depressing. How do you keep slice of life from getting boring? I’ve read some really good ones in the past, but never understood how they made the plot so interesting.

Crime sounds super interesting! I was obsessed with the hardy boys as a kid 🤣, the house on the cliff probably the first book to put me on the edge of my seat. Not saying they were perfect…. but I enjoyed some of them. What are your crime books about? Yeah, I understand that. Sometimes I get a random inspiration to wright some random fantasy book, theirs just so many possibilities with writing! What are some of the other genre’s you want to try?

I’m looking forward to meeting you guys! I want to be more active on here, since I basically forgot about it, lol.

Lol, yeah life gets in the way. It’s super active now though! 😀

へびは かっこいい です!

Folith-Feolin
                            @folith-feolin
                              • Total Posts: 310

@devastate-lasting

ummmm otherworldlyhistorians blurb is quite long about 3 paragraphs and it’s on the beginning of the wip forum. It’s probably better to just check it out there unless you would rather me repost it here

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3198

@devastate-lasting

Hey!! I’m Esther! A volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, God-loving, amatuer writer!!

I’ve been writing since forever, but my writing had become more serious in the past two years. Plus, KP has helped my writing tremendously!! My main WIP is a dystopian YA trilogy named the Endoxos Trilogy, the first book being titled The Insiders; but I have lots of other ideas for other books/stories that are his-fic, biblical fiction, contemporary fiction, fan-fic, and fantasy. XD

I joined a little over a month ago, I believe. Just like everyone else said, there are a lot of role plays going on. 3-4 probably. And yeah, I think I’ve only seen 1 (if any) topic of week come up while I’ve been here.

Glad you’re back!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Esther.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                                @esther-c
                                  • Total Posts: 3198

@orielle21

I didn’t know that @felicity was your sister!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >