Well…hello…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Well…hello…

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Felicity
    @felicity
      • Total Posts: 811

@seekjustice

I’m currently learning Hawaiian (though I finished my course, so I’m not actively learning anymore, just practising every now and then), Australian Sign Language, Scottish Gaelic and Romanian (I also love Eastern European languages!). I’d love to learn Welsh next.

Oh wow! That’s really neat. Is there a big difference between Australian Sign Language and American?

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3201

@seekjustice

Huskies are so pretty! So are Aussie Shepherds 😍

Yes!! ☺️

That’s so cool you’re writing a dystopian novel too! I haven’t seen many YA dystopians written lately and there’s so much potential in that genre.

There totally is! (Though, it’s really hard not to fall into cliches if I don’t plot carefully. 😬) I wouldn’t say that mine’s an allegory, yet it contains lots of analogies to real world events/beliefs/history. After all, dystopians are pretty close to the real world. (Albeit mine has some technology that will never be a possibility because it does have “magical” elements to it. 🙃)

My novel is a trilogy set in a futuristic Australia, where it is so hot that people can no longer live on the surface of the earth. Wealthy people live inside a climate controlled dome and experience luxury, while everyone else lives underground to avoid the sun. Our main character, Chessy, and her sister Sapphire are born into this world. Their father is suspiciously wealthy, and yet they live underground amongst the poor. But there is revolution in the air—a woman with words of wind and fire is stirring up unrest, alongside her right hand man, the young and mysterious Justice Rift. When Chessy falls afoul of a cruel and determined police officer, everything changes…for the worst.

It’s a retelling of Les Miserables ☺️

That sounds so cool!! I’ve heard of Les Miserables, just haven’t read it yet. (It’s pretty long, am I right?)

It’s too hard to pick my favourite, but I love Frodo from The Lord of the Rings and Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities.

Awesome!! I’ve never read LotR, but I’ve watched the movies, and I they ruined Frodo for me. I didn’t end up liking him. 😅 But I really need to read the books. 😜

If I could visit anywhere, it would be Scotland! My grandparents are from Scotland and I’ve always wanted to go and explore there 😀

Scotland would be such a cool place to visit!! 😄

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1250

@seekjustice

I never got tagged so I didn’t see your response, lol, sorry.

I’m learning quite a few languages! I’ve finished a course and I’m conversational in Hawaiian, I’m proficient in Australian Sign Language and I’m currently learning Scottish Gaelic and Romanian. In the future I’d love to learn Welsh and Māori.  And no I haven’t done any of my own languages! I usually use real languages because I’m not smart enough to figure out how they really work 😂 in my two current fantasies they speak Gaelic and Scots.

That’s so cool! I’m studying French, Arabic, Vietnamese, Thai, and Toki Pona (if you count existing conlangs).

Pippin Took likes as many breakfasts as he can get!

XD

I lean more to soft worldbuilding in my own writing, though I do love complex hard worldbuilding in reading! Both of my fantasies are set in alternate versions of Scotland ( or one starts in Scotland anyway, since it’s a sea exploring story!)

Awesome! I’m much more of a hard worldbuilder myself, but there’s a lot you can do with soft worldbuilding you can’t do with hard.

and I’m not sure where you live, but here buildings are never finished, so they remain in progress forever 😳

Fascinating!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Otherworldly Historian
          @otherworldlyhistorian
            • Total Posts: 215

@seekjustice

I also like Le Mis and the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I am really hoping I will be able to see the new Sweeney Todd revival but I haven’t booked any tickets or anything of that matter.

Through darkness,
            light shines brightest

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >