Well…hello…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Well…hello…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SeekJustice
    @seekjustice
      • Total Posts: 3365

Hello! I’m definitely not new here (a veteran, lol), but it’s been quite a while since I’ve been active. I’ve decided to drag my butt back here and get some accountability to finish off my current projects!

A little bit about me, I’m almost 23 (which I feel makes me basically ancient on here) and I live in Rural Australia. I’m a dog trainer and an aspiring novelist, with a billion other hobbies–including knitting, plants (especially carnivorous plants!), reading, learning languages and buying craft supplies but not actually using them. I have two horses, a standardbred ex-trotter, and a Welsh x Shetland pony. I also have four dogs, Hugo Weaving (a mastiff), Jack (a labrador), Tora and Pippin Took (Australian Koolies).

I’ve got three main projects at the moment. One is the second draft of a dark fantasy novel set in an alternate version of Celtic Britain. Another one is the first draft of a historical fantasy about pirates and exploring the unexplored corners of the world. Lastly, I’m working on the fifth draft of an old dystopian novel that I wrote many years ago.

Looking forward to meeting you all and spending time here again!

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

TheArcaneAxiom
      @thearcaneaxiom
        • Total Posts: 1250

@seekjustice

Nice to meet you, Welcome back!

I’m TheArcaneAxiom, I love math, searching for divine fundamental truths, and exploring that in my writing. My current project is a sci fi/fantasy universe I’m working on with my sister, where baseline physics operates in a completely different way.

Questions:

You mentioned you like learning languages, me too! What languages have you studied? Have you ever made conlangs for your writing, or at all?

Does Pippin Took like second breakfast?

Do you lean towards soft, or hard worldbuilding more for your writing?

And last but not least:

Why are buildings called buildings if they are already built?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3201

Welcome back, @seekjustice!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!

So cool that you’re a dog trainer! I love dogs!! 🥰

Ahhh!! You have Aussies!! That’s one of my favorite dog breeds! (The other is Siberian huskies. I have one so… I’m biased. 😁)

Also really awesome that you live in Australia! We have neighbors who are Australian and I love listening to them talk. 😂 (My fave accents are Irish and Australian. 🤣)

My WIP is dystopian as well! It’s a ya trilogy. I’m currently working on the second draft of the first book. 🙂

Anywho, now for some questions!

1. What’s your dystopian WIP about?

2. Who is your favorite character that is not from anything you’ve written? (You can pick multiple 😁)

3. If you could visit any other country, where would it be and why?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin
            • Total Posts: 697

@seekjustice

Nice to meet you!’

I’m Solfyre! I’m a soon-to-be highschooler, worldbuilder, guitar-player, and wolf-lover. I love bringing God subtly into my writing, and exploring aspects of Him in my worlds and characters. I don’t have any dogs (I love them, it’s just that my mom is allergic), but I do have a cat, Stripes (my brother named him lol). I absolutely love plants, my favorite being the venus fly trap, but I don’t have any at the moment because we just moved and my cactus died in the process. 😅

Anyway, your WIPs sound amazing! I have a few currently, the main one being a sci-fi/fantasy (I took kind of a weird turn into sci-fi, which I’ve never done before) with six different races based on different animals. The others are mainly fantasy, one being about a storyteller, and another about dragons and yet another odd solar system.

Alright! Enough about me. Questions!

1.Which WIP would you say is your favorite?

2. What is the main storyline of that WIP, and why is it your favorite?

3. From that WIP, which character would you choose to meet in real life?

4. And finally, what is your

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Felicity
            @felicity
              • Total Posts: 811

@seekjustice

Welcome back! Nice to meet you! I like your username! It’s a great reminder. I’m Felicity, a homesteader, home school graduate and follower of Jesus. Right now I’m writing multiple WIPs that span from Historical Fiction to fantasy and contemporary fiction. Your stories sound really neat.

What languages do you enjoy? Are you currently learning any? I’ve dabbled in Spanish, French and Hebrew and am currently learning Polish. I love Eastern European languages.

Have a blessed day!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

SeekJustice
              @seekjustice

Hey! Lovely to meet you 😊

I’m learning quite a few languages! I’ve finished a course and I’m conversational in Hawaiian, I’m proficient in Australian Sign Language and I’m currently learning Scottish Gaelic and Romanian. In the future I’d love to learn Welsh and Māori.  And no I haven’t done any of my own languages! I usually use real languages because I’m not smart enough to figure out how they really work 😂 in my two current fantasies they speak Gaelic and Scots.

Pippin Took likes as many breakfasts as he can get!

I lean more to soft worldbuilding in my own writing, though I do love complex hard worldbuilding in reading! Both of my fantasies are set in alternate versions of Scotland ( or one starts in Scotland anyway, since it’s a sea exploring story!)

and I’m not sure where you live, but here buildings are never finished, so they remain in progress forever 😳

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 692

@seekjustice

Maybe compared to some people you are but we’re not that far apart in age. Granted you could have babysat me as a child (you would have been in your teens while I hadn’t hit double digits yet) but once you hit college age it’s not very different. I’m a recent not quite adult yet homeschool graduate who writes just about anything except Romance and horror and probably the biggest AIO (Adventures in Odyssey) fan you’ve ever met.

Questions:

1. What’s your WIP (if you have one) about?
                  2. Are you in college? If so, for what?
                  3. Favorite book and/or book series?

Nice to meet you and welcome back.

(I joined back in November btw so I’m assuming we haven’t met yet).

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 692

@seekjustice

Forget the 1st question. Lol

Here’s one to replace it: Favorite character to write for? And do you prefer writing girls or boys?

SeekJustice
                    @seekjustice

@esther-c

Huskies are so pretty! So are Aussie Shepherds 😍

That’s so cool you’re writing a dystopian novel too! I haven’t seen many YA dystopians written lately and there’s so much potential in that genre.

My novel is a trilogy set in a futuristic Australia, where it is so hot that people can no longer live on the surface of the earth. Wealthy people live inside a climate controlled dome and experience luxury, while everyone else lives underground to avoid the sun. Our main character, Chessy, and her sister Sapphire are born into this world. Their father is suspiciously wealthy, and yet they live underground amongst the poor. But there is revolution in the air—a woman with words of wind and fire is stirring up unrest, alongside her right hand man, the young and mysterious Justice Rift. When Chessy falls afoul of a cruel and determined police officer, everything changes…for the worst.

It’s a retelling of Les Miserables ☺️

It’s too hard to pick my favourite, but I love Frodo from The Lord of the Rings and Sydney Carton from A Tale of Two Cities.

If I could visit anywhere, it would be Scotland! My grandparents are from Scotland and I’ve always wanted to go and explore there 😀

SeekJustice
                      @seekjustice

@kyronthearcanin

Hey! Lovely to meet you! I love Venus flytraps too, but I think my favourite carnivorous plants are pitcher plants, they’re so cool and come in such diverse colours and shapes!

Alright, your questions!

1. You can’t make me choose between my children! But I think my favourite is my Celtic fantasy.

2. This WIP is about a young man named Ilio. The Industrial Revolution has come and gone, fairies and elves are dead and gone, magic has disappeared…or has it? Ilio is a werewolf and his brother Sholo is a ranger, employed to hunt down the magical creatures that lurk in the shadows. Obviously this doesn’t go well! It’s probably my favourite because I love the setting, I love the worldbuilding and I relate to the character of Ilio probably more than any of my other characters.

3. Definitely Ilio!

4……………..

SeekJustice
                        @seekjustice

@felicity Hey, lovely to meet you!

I’m currently learning Hawaiian (though I finished my course, so I’m not actively learning anymore, just practising every now and then), Australian Sign Language, Scottish Gaelic and Romanian (I also love Eastern European languages!). I’d love to learn Welsh next.

SeekJustice
                          @seekjustice

@sarafini

Hello, so nice to meet you!

1. I have a few favourite characters to write—one is Chessy, the main character of my dystopian YA novel. She’s spunky, funny and brave, pretty much complete opposite, so it’s fun to think about how she’d respond to different things and flesh out her personality. I also love writing Ilio, the main character of my current fantasy novel. He’s a lot like me and I like being able to write a quiet, sensible, but funny and courageous character.

I prefer writing from the POV of girls, because I find it easier to imagine how they’d think and act (because I’m a woman I’d say), but I like writing my male characters better if they’re not the POV character. They’re always a lot of fun.

2. Yes, I’m currently at university and I’m studying Disability and Developmental Education and really enjoying it.

3. My favourite books are The Lord of the Rings, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Eagle of the Ninth!

Otherworldly Historian
                            @otherworldlyhistorian
                              • Total Posts: 215

@seekjustice

Welcome back!

I am otherworldly Historian. I enjoy history, tabletop gaming, reading, and working on my WIP. I see you mentioned one of your WIPs as a dark fantasy. Personally dark fantasy is my favourite genre. My main WIP is also a dark fantasy (though it may technically be a sci-fi at this point because their tech level is close to that of WW1).

Questions

1. What is your favourite musical? (is it les miserables)
                              2. Do you like 3rd, 1st, 2nd, or 4th (or any other) person better in your writing?
                              3. What is your favourite magical creature in your celtic WIP (it can be of non spoiler ones)?
                              4. Who is your favourite side character?

Through darkness,
                              light shines brightest

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                              @kyronthearcanin
                                • Total Posts: 697

@seekjustice

Sounds really cool! I’d totally read it.

Also, looking back on that fourth question… I don’t remember what I was thinking. At all. So, just three questions. 😅🤣

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

SeekJustice
                                @seekjustice

@otherworldlyhistorian I love your username! I also love history, my favourite period at the moment is Ancient Egypt and I’m sort of plotting a book set in Egypt (not sure when I write it though, it definitely won’t be any time soon).

Your WIP sounds similar to mine! Technology isn’t quite up to WW1 in my novel, it’s sort of hovering around the late 1880s/early 1890s.

Ok, questions!

1. My favourite musical is Come From Away, which is a musical about 9/11. I saw it when it toured Australia a few months ago and it blew me away.  A couple of others love are Aida (I was in a production of this last year, it’s set in Ancient Egypt!), Les Miserables (of course), Anastasia, The Secret Garden, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Six, A Tale of Two Cities, and The Phantom of the Opera, plus lots more.

2. 1st person is my favourite to write from. Two out of three of my current projects are written in 1st. I love being able to really get into my character’s head.

3. Ooh, hard question! I love the kelpies. They don’t really feature in my book, but I had to add a couple mentions of them because I love them so much.

4. Side characters are always a lot of fun. In my Celtic WIP, my favourite side character is Skaati. She’s a really spunky, clever girl and she’s really fun to write. There’s not a real romance in the story, but she’s the potential love interest for the main character.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >