Welcome jasmine-godby!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Welcome jasmine-godby!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Lydia S.
    @lydia-s
      • Total Posts: 399

@jasmine-godby

Woohoo, another member of the pineapple pizza club! *cheers* (Homemade pizza is the best, isn’t it?) Yes, I LOVE pineapple pizza. 🙂

Ooo, good choices!

Ah, sweet little Lucy… I love her, too.

I’ve been doing well, thanks! How about you?

Jasmine Godby
      @jasmine-godby
        • Total Posts: 11

Annnd I’m back XD

Well @power I didn’t know how to sword fight when you wrote that comment but I’ve tried it out at a stunt park recently so I know a little bit about it! That knowledge may come in handy, thanks! (Given I need to write battle scenes and know near nothing about them XD) *points sword back at you, begins duel*

@joy-caroline Thank you! I’ve read Dust and Shadow finally and ahhh (screams) XD I’m really enjoying the Wingfeather Saga at the moment. What new books have you found/liked recently?

@daisy-torres
        *cries* that would have been so fun to see! Awww that’s awesome they were fine with it – that’s a clever solution!

So, how do I use this site? Do I just find an interesting thread and jump on and join the chat?

Jasmine Godby
        @jasmine-godby

@lydia-s I’ve been good! how about you? Have you written/read anything interesting or fun lately?

(if there’s anyone else I didn’t respond to, this formatting is confusing me and it didn’t show up as I was responding, sorry! will check though)

Jasmine Godby
          @jasmine-godby

(oh it was just cause there were two pages, I’ve got everyone)

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 1379

@jasmine-godby

Ooh, I’m glad you liked Dust and Shadow!

A series I discovered recently that I absolutely LOVED is the Katie Parker Productions series by Jenny B. Jones. The books are so humorous and heartfelt, and I highly recommend them!

Lydia S.
              @lydia-s

@jasmine-godby

I’m doing well, too! School has ended for the year, so that’s nice. 🙂

I haven’t been doing a lot of sit-down-and-focus writing lately, but I’ve been brain-dumping scenes from a series in my spare moments. Hopefully, someday, I can get around to writing it. As for reading, I mainly read for school now, unfortunately, but I enjoyed most of the literature I read this year! Moby Dick and Jane Eyre are two of my newer favorites. How about you? Have you been writing or reading anything fun lately?

And yes, that is precisely how to use the forum! If you find an active thread that seems interesting, feel free to chime in. Or, if you have specific questions or topics you’d like to discuss, go ahead and start a new thread (if you tag people when you start a new thread, that’ll help it gain traction). I hope you find the forum helpful! Can’t wait to hang out with you. 🙂 <3333

Jasmine Godby
                @jasmine-godby

@joy-caroline I’ll have to check them out! What is your favourite genre to read/write?

@lydia-s
                  nice! Makes sense, it’s great you can brain dump those scenes. That’s kinda how I started my series (any chance yours is a fantasy too? :P). Ooh those are classics! I haven’t read them yet! I always find it interesting to learn story structure off older books, when they did things more differently to each other and to see what has or hasn’t changed in novel writing since then.

Yeah, so my wip I’ve restarted with a new mc and after reading Save the Cat writes a novel my knowledge of story telling is so much better and like – it seems possible now?! SO I’m pumped about that. And having new ideas to strengthen what I’ve already done, today. I’ve been reading a lot more, but the Wingfeather Saga and Heirs of Neverland Duology have been my highlights! I’ve also read the Hobbit and Some John Green books recently.

Perfect thank you! I’ll make sure to tag people (ahem, you people, who are on this thread XD). You too! 😀

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 1379

@jasmine-godby

My favorite genre to write is definitely historical fiction, and for reading, his-fic and fantasy would be tied.

Oh! and I also LOVE the Calculated series by Nova McBee. They’re young adult thrillers with super complex plots and the highest stakes EVER.

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 8156

@jasmine-godby, WELCOME TO KINGDOM PEN! (that was overly dramatic… XD) I’m new to the Forums as well, so welcome! I am FreedomWriter76, and I am a Historical Fiction writer that has dabbled in various Historical Periods from Biblical times to the Afghanistan War, but mostly stick to the American Revolution, the American Civil War, and WWII.

Guess I’ll ask you a few questions! 😀

1. Who’s your favorite character in your WIP?

2. Would you rather meet the antagonist from your WIP or the antagonist from your favorite book? (Oooh, dramatic!)

3. If you could learn any foreign language and speak and write it perfectly, what language would it be? (I am currently taking Latin American Spanish, but I also know a few phrases and words in German. XD)

And final question…4. What’s your favorite part about writing Fantasy?

That’s all for now! Once again, Welcome to Kingdom Pen and have a wonderful day! God Bless! 🙂

Lydia S.
                      @lydia-s

@jasmine-godby

Yes, it actually is! Biblical fantasy, to be precise. I’m really enjoying writing it.😁

I’ve definitely restarted novels, too!!! It’s so helpful, but hopefully, my skills will eventually develop so that I don’t need to do it as often… It just takes so long… 😂

Ooo… The Hobbit… *puts on nerd hat* Tolkien is THE BEST. Probably my author hero.🙂

Awesome!!! Can’t wait! <3333

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >