Welcome Hrothgar42!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Welcome Hrothgar42!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

@hrothgar42 Welcome to PingdomKen!! Nice to have you!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m
        • Total Posts: 1242

@hrothgar42

Welcome to KP! It’s awesome to have you here! 😀

ella
        @nova21
          • Total Posts: 604

@hrothgar42

Interesting tag, and welcome!  XD

what we do in life echoes in eternity
          -gladiator, 2000

Ariel
          @ariel-f
            • Total Posts: 50

@hrothgar42

Welcome to KP! Do you like Beowulf?

Tobias Hrothgar
            @hrothgar42
              • Total Posts: 3

Thanks! Folks weren’t kidding about this being a welcoming community.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord your God, the Lord is one.

Tobias Hrothgar
              @hrothgar42

[quote quote=102276] @hrothgar42 Welcome to KP! Do you like Beowulf?[/quote] Yes, I enjoy Beowulf. And Tobias Hrothgar also happens to be my pen name.

Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@hrothgar42 Hey there and welcome! Do tell us a bit about yourself, if you want.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Elfwing
                  @elfwing
                    • Total Posts: 486

@hrothgar42

Hi!! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m glad to meet you! I love your forum signature!! I really like that verse.

Do you think olives belong on pizza?

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm
                      • Total Posts: 635

@hrothgar42

Hi! Great to have you with us!

What is your favorite genre to write in?

I personally love to constantly try out new genres, but fantasy always has a special place in my heart.

And what’s the premise of the current story your working on?

I’m currently working on three different projects, one about a boy who can freeze time, one about a kingdom under siege, and one about five criminals posing as superheroes to get into a special school.

I look forward to talking! Hope to see ya around!

Anatra
                      @anatra23
                        • Total Posts: 211

@hrothgar42 Welcome!

Happy you’re here. Pls tell me if you’ve seen of if you like the Lord of The Rings and if you cried like I (nearly)did.

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres

@hrothgar42 Great to have you!! *offers you some german chocolate cake because I burned my chlorine-pool-algae chocolate chip cookies* I like your pen name! I have to be honest though, my dad and I enjoy coming up with unique names just because, and he once said your exact first and last name XDD It’s cool though!

I am a sci-fi and fantasy writer, but I also tend to dabble in His-Fic and wherever my imagination takes me. I just published my first sci-fi on Amazon last week, actually!! It’s very loosely based on the French revolution, about three siblings who have to work with a rebellion to overthrow another rebellion, as well as the king himself. And one sibling is a cyborg. It was originally going to be completely Historical Fiction, but I stayed up too late one night/morning and ended up turning it into a sci-fi XD

What is your WiP about?

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Lydia S.
                          @lydia-s
                            • Total Posts: 399

@hrothgar42

Welcome to the forum!

Tobias Hrothgar
                            @hrothgar42

@devastate-lasting Thanks! Let’s see, I’m a homeschooled high schooler, I’ve been writing for the past three years and want to make a career out of it, and I love theology. I talk without emojis or acronyms, so I often come across as stoic or insensitive. Please keep this in mind when I sound rude, because I may just be coming across wrong, especially considering I have a rather dry, sarcastic sense of humour.

@elfwing
                              Hi! I like your signature too. It’s really relatable.
                              Olives on pizza? I don’t eat pizzas with olives, but I don’t dislike it. However, pineapple on pizza is a criminal offence that ought to get you arrested.

@kathleenramm
                              I prefer fantasy as well, though I also really like whatever style Lemony Snicket writes in, sort of a comedy, mystery, children’s genre.
                              My current story is about an outlaw whose memory has faded away. He starts to grow more aware of the peculiarity of his life and of the giant chasm of his past. Throughout the story he finds himself travelling to different realities and different times, searching for the missing piece of himself.
                              Those stories all sound really intriguing, especially the first one. I’d love to hear more sometime.

@anatra23
                              Yes, I’ve seen Lord of The Rings, and I love the books (and just about any other books written by Tolkien) but I’ve never cried watching it. However, I’ve never cried watching anything else either. I’ve cried reading books though, for sure.

@daisy-torres
                              Glad to be here. *accepts cake graciously and says prayer of thanks that the cookies burned* That’s pretty awesome that your dad came up with that name!
                              What’s the name of the book you published? I haven’t published anything yet, but I hope to before the century is over.
                              I’ve already explained my main work in progress above, but I’ve got another interesting story I’m working on, a fantasy about three peculiar siblings who go on very odd and comedic adventures on a quest to find a different reality which they read about in a rather old book that the younger brother stole. It has golf-cart chase scenes, spoon fencing, and other odd things you won’t find in your average adventure-fantasy story.

Daisy Torres
                              @daisy-torres

@hrothgar42 Yeeah, it’s probably for the best that they burned…. the Trolls liked them quite a bit, but I’ve noticed humans seem to have a hard time enjoying them. Oh well.

The Art of Deception! Keep working at it and you’ll get it done before the century, I’m sure XD But if you don’t, there’s always the next Millenium. I once had a friend that took 400 years to get their book done! It sure was rewarding when it was out though.

Both of your stories sound quite interesting! Especially an adventure story with spoon battles XDD I can’t say I’ve seen that before, but I’d love to read it when you’re done! I once wrote a story that was basically one really long collection of food puns. The mom had been “turned into a vegetable” (Broccoli, to be specific) and the daughter was going on a quest to restore health to her village because this disease was spreading. She had to travel through the aligatoraid swamps, past the swiss cheese alps, and more XD

Elfwing
                                @elfwing
                                  • Total Posts: 486

@hrothgar42

Hi! thanks! I’m the oldest of six so I have my ways…

Ah ok, I personally can’t stand olives so my sister willingly eats them for me. As for pineapple… I like it only on the Hawaiian style with caesar dressing to dip it on and it can’t be mushy. Arrest me if you dare… I shall find a way out. I always do.

I see you enjoy Tolkien’s books!! I am so fascinated by his work; I have most of his books that have to do with Middle Earth and I mainly get my inspiration for world and culture building from his depth of detail in making worlds and realistic peoples. Which of his works are your favorite?

Do you think Smeagol is one of the best characters of the books and that they didn’t do justice in the movies? if not then who is your favorite?

Time travel is something that makes me curious although I haven’t been brave enough to try and then make a hash of it. I am doing a fantasy series with many subplots and you could debate whether or not it has a romance sub-plot, but it’s adventure and I suppose it’s sad because there are lots of wars and half the characters die. (i don’t know if sad is a genre? if it is my series would probably fit in it).

By the way, the story with the spoon fencing sounds epic!!

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >