Truly Lost our Minds

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Truly Lost our Minds

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Catwing
    @catwing
      • Total Posts: 2557

filewriter@base13x wrote:

A Kingdom Pen Adventure: Truly Lost our Minds

By

The File Writer of Base13x (@filewriterbase13x)

Part Five: King Who?

I ran with the dog, who said her name was Skredder, and the purple giraffe, Kaya, at my side. B-bot and Catwing flew above us. I was of course not sure of where we were going, but the dog seemed to have an excellent sense of direction. Skredder led us into the castle, which was full of all kinds of creatures. I didn’t know so many lived in the Kingdom of Pen, but then again, I didn’t know much of anything about the Kingdom of Pen at the moment.

Suddenly, I was surprised to see someone I actually recognized. It was Liv, a good friend of mine. Only here she looked a little different. For one, her hair was longer. Much longer. It reached down to the ground and kept going. She was also dressed in green instead of her usual blue.

“Hi, Liv.” I said, running up to her.

Her face lit up. “File Writer.” We both smiled. I was glad that she had also remembered me.

“Have you lost your mind also?” I asked awkwardly. /How else was I supposed to say it?/

Liv, not seeming to think that the question was awkward at all, answered, “I guess so. If you mean that I don’t remember anyone, that is. It’s actually a little scary if you think about it.”

I inwardly groaned. She seemed so calm, while I was practically panicking.

I began to hear raised voices at the front of the room. Two men were arguing with exaggerated hand motions. One of the men had a large raspberry on his head and the other had a frog on his. They both were dressed richly and stood like royalty. Yes, one of them had to be the king.

Standing next to the man with the giant raspberry hat, was a girl with large blue glasses and blonde hair with reddish highlights, which was tied into a bun.

Right about now everybody except the two quarrelers had quieted down, and their conversation could be clearly heard.

“I distinctly remember being called the ‘Wiser’. A fit name for a king don’t you think.” said the man with the frog.

“While that might be true, you could not possibly be the king. You have a frog on your head. That hardly seems like a kingly thing to do.” said the man with the raspberry.

“Oh, but having a raspberry is a kingly thing to do?”

“Yes, yes it is when that raspberry is a crown that symbolizes royalty.”

“But it doesn’t symbolize royalty, does it.”

“I believe it does, actually.”

“Well, I believe it doesn’t.”

“Well, I believe it /does/. As a matter of fact…”

This time I actually groaned. This could go on forever. All the creatures around us were also starting to argue about who should be king. There was so much ciaos I didn’t know what to do.

I was starting to want to put in my own input of who should be king, but was interrupted when a large screeching filled the castle room. I looked over to the front of the room where the two bickering men were. There, with the microphone that had made that awful noise, was the girl with the blue glasses.

“Hello, fellow Kapeefers. I am Notta Writer. I believe that /I/ should be /queen/ of the Kingdom of Pen.” She spoke calmly and evenly, seeming as if she might actually be royalty. I wanted to believe her so that we could just move on with this nonsense, but her being queen did not seem right to me. Then again, nothing did.

“Let me explain.” she continued, “I am not a writer, while all you are. Therefore, I am not kindred with your writerly ways. So, I believe that you all, my subjects, are the ones that supply me with endless supply of reading.”

Something seemed off here, but she spoke with such certainty that I wanted to believe her. She was very calm, and she would probably make a good queen. Probably. I was not totally sure of what to think. I thought we had a king not a queen, but when one loses their mind it is extremely difficult to determine what was and what is and what is supposed to be.

The others seemed also unsure of what to think at first, but after a while a cheer or two rang out. Then everybody started clapping. Even I started clapping. I was glad that we finally had some sort of leadership. Now, to find out what this meeting was actually called for. I hoped Queen Notta would not hold it off for much longer.

She smiled and waved at all her applauding subjects. After a while, when it seemed like they would never stop, she finally waved her hand for silence. /This was weird. Everyone just seemed glad to have a queen. I had to admit, it /was/ relieving./

“Now, for my first act of business.” she said, seriously. “I am sure that you have all noticed by now that we /all/ have lost our minds. I know neither when or where, but it happened all the same. Now, a couple of us at castle Regnis have asked one of our more… scientifically minded subjects to tell us his theory. Ben. P. is here to tell you what he believes happened.”

With that short word from the new queen, a small orange droid stepped onto the scene. He was a little bigger than B-bot but not really that different.

“Greetings.” he said, his voice sounding almost human. “I have questioned several other creatures and have come to a conclusion. My theory, and this is only a theory of course, is that Kingdom Pen has shut down. Rebooted. Restarted. Reset. And I think, since we were all in here at the time, our minds have also reset. Not of our real world lives, but of our Kingdom Pen ones. The way to get the Kingdom back to normal, in my theory, is if we all were to log out and fix it from the outside.”

Sounds of understanding rose from the listening crowd.

“How do we log out?” someone asked suddenly. I turned to see that it was Kaya who had asked the question. Her long purple neck rose high over the rest of the creatures around her. I could see the worry in her eyes, and I became worried too. /What was the use of a plan if you couldn’t put it into action?/

The orange droid spoke again. “How to log out is the simple part, /where/ to log out is a little more complicated.” With this last word, he stepped aside so Queen Notta would again be the center of attention.

“As you have just heard, we need to find out where to log out.” she began, looking over the crowd. “I, and others at castle Regnis, have agreed on sending ten persons of our choosing to find the log out area and send word back to us. This journey could have many dangers, and we do not know what kind of dangers there could be. More then ten persons would be too many, and less would be too few. I, and my council, will tell you all who is to stay and who is to leave tomorrow morning. So, until then, goodnight.”

Footnote: @aratrea, I hope you don’t mind that I didn’t ask if I could use you in this story. I was going to ask, but got busy. Plus, I thought you wouldn’t mind.

Starring:

File Writer ( @filewriterbase13x ) and B-bot

Daeus ( @daeus )

The Wiser ( @aratrea )

Kaya ( kaya-young )

Skreeder (@skredder )

Notta Writer ( @notawriter )

Ben P. ( @supermonkey42 )

Tagging: @rochellaine, @sam-kowal, @jenwriter17, @that_writer_girl_99, @ariel-ashira, @catwing,

IMMA KAPEEFER! Til we're old and gray!

Ben Powell
      @supermonkey42
        • Total Posts: 273

@skredder I got your Piglet reference! (A week late, but better late than never. 🙂 )

A Kapeefer for life!
        Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Ariel Ashira
        @ariel-ashira
          • Total Posts: 739

@catwing Thanks!!!

@filewriterbase13x
          Oh, goodness!  Daeus and Josiah arguing?  Notta taking over?  I cannot imagine that! 😀 Everyone has truly lost thier minds!  @daeus is king, @aratrea is the Wiser! 😉

Oh, @the-real-kapeefer this is your time to usurp the throne!

"In a mask, was he?"

Skredder
          @skredder
            • Total Posts: 527

@filewriterbase13x That was an excellent part! Notta is queen now! Oh my!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17
              • Total Posts: 2522

@catwing thanks for posting it for Filewriter 🙂

@filewriterbase13x
              This might be my favorite part! I’m looking forward to the next 😀 (Daeus and Josiah’s argument is hilarious)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
              www.jennaterese.com

Catwing
              @catwing

@jenwriter17 You’re welcome.

@filewriterbase13x
                I have actually been on when Kingdom Pen was being edited. Sort of like a reboot I guess. 🙂
                First it was having a bit of trouble and logged me out. I logged back in. After a minute and a reload the formatting changed and it was dark blue instead of green. And lastly the site changed to show a yellow gator with a big toothy grin, asking if I wanted to create my own site with Host Gator. XP XD
                Perhaps Mr. Host Gator would like to make a cameo and ask if they want to start their own site? XD

Naomi H
                @jbb
                  • Total Posts: 21

@Catwing Great job! I liked it!!

Catwing
                  @catwing

@jbb I didn’t write it. @filewriterbase13x did. I just pasted it from my email, since it didn’t take.

The fledgling Artist
                    @notawriter
                      • Total Posts: 328

@filewriterbase13x  *snorts* If I think i’m fit to rule I truly have lost my mind. 😀
                      Good job! I enjoyed it. My favorite part was also when Daeus and Josiah were arguing!

and I was so confused

The fledgling Artist
                      @notawriter
                        • Total Posts: 328

@catwing And thanks for reposting it! 🙂

and I was so confused

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      >