TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE TOPIC OF THE WEEK – Who is the best villain in any book/movie of all time?

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen
    @kathleenramm
      • Total Posts: 635

@michelle

Never knew that about the original Beauty and the Beast! I love these little random facts about fairy tales. 😀

Some of my favorite books are The Lord of the Rings, The Lighting Thief, The Hunger Games, and Why Is This Night Different From All Other Nights?

What are some of yours?

Haha, don’t worry about going off topic, I love a good rabbit trail; especially ones about fairy tales!XD

Michelle Black
      @michelle
        • Total Posts: 87

@kathleenramm Haha! Yep, this is one fast rabbit to follow XD I just love it, I could go on all day. I heard a lot about The Hunger Games ( too much about Lord Of The Rings lol) what do you like best about Hunger Games?

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah
          • Total Posts: 245

@kathleenramm

Ah, yes, mostly because they’re actual realistically relatable. 🙂  (I love tLotR as well, btw.)

Fav book by her? That’s tough. Probably the best two Scarlet Pimpernel books, The Scarlet Pimpernel and El Dorado. But they’re all so good…love Unto Caesar and The Hundred Days as well, among the rest. You? Or have you read any?

Prendre garde ~ I bleed ink

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
          @william-starkey
            • Total Posts: 634

@michelle @kathleenramm Yes, the Twelve Dancing Princesses was quite a good one; though after reading through a plethora of other fairy tale literature, I find that many themes and many of the same story threads are taken with way too many other stories. Not necessarily with this one, but there are similarities one does make. XD

@michelle
            (again XD) *thanks you, puts it in the freezer for fifty minutes, takes it out and makes an iced coffee* I totally get what you mean; though I still enjoy those movies. I haven’t watched the famed animated Snow White, though I’ve read many fairy tales concerning either her or another character of the same name. The only movie remake of “Snow White” that I’ve watched is Mirror Mirror, which is a very good film. Though I haven’t watched it in quite a while, so my opinion is subject to change.

Hey, though; some of the remakes have been quite good. Have you seen the new The Jungle Book? That one was great. I’ve seen both the Maleficent movies; they were pretty good, too. Remakes of Sleeping Beauty. And of course there’s Aladdin (which was pretty good, though it could have definitely been better); Will Smith played a great genie.

Speaking of fairy tales…the only actual fairy tale tragedy I’ve read (an actual tragedy) is The Yellow Dwarf. The main thing that made me like it was its originality; most of the other tales were along the same overused lines, but this one stood out among them.

Speaking of villains or otherwise, has anyone here read Great Expectations by Charles Dickens?

@selah-chelyah
            @all-others-present-at-luncheon

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          >