Topic moderation?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Topic moderation?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

@leon-fleming So you’re actually going to bring it up, are you, Amanda? My parents have made good and sure that I know that, so I’m not falling for your dirty tricks this time. I know what you’re really up to, and you won’t be getting away with it, mark my words!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j

@leon-fleming You do know I’m kidding, right? It’s kind of an ongoing joke at my house that, you know, that random person on the internet could be a 50-year-old woman named Amanda or an 80-year-old man named Ned. And I call it a joke, but it’s not all that funny, I suppose.

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
        @william-starkey
          • Total Posts: 634

@gracie-j Okay, that’s funny. XD At first I was like “What on earth?”, then I hypothesized that you assumed I was some creepy person named Amanda who had been hunting you your whole life, and you had thought that she had found you again. Then I thought that you were some crazy genius person recently escaped from an insane asylum to ravage about the internet, freaking out people and generally causing great havoc. BOOK IDEA!

If you haven’t noticed from my weird imagination, I just had a really strange dream last night which involved members of S.H.E.I.L.D, small dinosaurs, and giant sea-weed and salt-incrusted-bearded dwarves. XD Don’t ask. It’s rather a long story and I don’t remember most of it.

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@leon-fleming Your first hypothesis wasn’t that far off, actually. But the second idea is probably the closest to reality, so…

And that is a really great idea. Unfortunately, that’s the story of my life, so it’s *clears throat* copyrighted.

Wow. Well, my dream last night was a long search for Chick-Fil-A in a huge town. We left Mom on one end of it, then picked up the king of the town, his wife, and someone wacko on the other side, then met my grandmother at a fair, then helped a woman out of a store who had a plastic naked baby doll that could talk and move like a real baby. I ended up babysitting the plastic baby doll.

So, yeah, we both have some serious imaginations.

Wait–you’re not really Amanda? Mind. Blown. Dude.

E. K. Seaver
            @e-k-seaver
              • Total Posts: 344

*coughs* @leon-fleming, what is thy age?

And I would disagree about getting to know each other online but I don’t feel like arguing that one at the moment.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
              ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver I wouldn’t argue with him either. @leon-fleming doesn’t like my interjections at all, especially when he’s set on a subject. I’d agree with you, though. I’m more honest and open to self-disclosure in a setting like this in comparison to “real life,” and not because I’m stupid. I’m just otherwise anti-social and enochlophobic. So you’d probably get less of a pretense from someone in an online setting (except for Amanda; can’t trust her) than in person.

E. K. Seaver
                @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j exactly. My closest friends I’ve met online (Though I’ve met all face-to-face since. 😀 ) I was much better at being honest with them irl because I had already practiced online with them.

Though I am a rather paranoid person and it takes me a while to actually open up to anyone. Whether I can see their face or not.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

@william-starkey

@gracie-j XD Okay, whatever you say…

That’s some, uh, rather interesting dream, there; (XD) I’m sure it must have been some sort of an experience. Mine was just weird.

Ha; Nope! I’ve never even heard of some creepy old lady named Amanda before.

@e-k-seaver
                    Before I tell you, how old do you think I am? I’ve accumulated a vast store of potential ages for myself from different people online. The results are often fascinating.

I meant really, really get to know a person. One can only get to know somebody else online so much.

E. K. Seaver
                    @e-k-seaver

@leon-fleming, will you tell me your true age after I guess?

*disagrees*

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver My thoughts exactly! My closest friends are on here–uh, I mean, online, and I’m more liable to actually talk to my IRL friends through email or something–not that they ever email me back, but…y’know, I try.

And I’m excessively paranoid and slightly cynical myself, so, yeah, I may have thought that @leon-fleming was an Amanda. (Not really–I chose to believe the best about you, man.)

@william-starkey

@e-k-seaver Sure.

@gracie-j
                          (Heh-heh; I’m glad you did. I’ve had my fair share of internet creeps.)

Gracie J.
                          @gracie-j

@leon-fleming Amanda’s not old. She’s only 50–be nice; you might hurt her feelings!

And of course you can’t really get to know someone–but that’s the question. Do you really know them at all? Like your mom, for example–how well do you really know her?

Ooh…what was the most outrageous guess? I’ve gotten early 30s and 24–and that’s just recently. (I’m also, according to that one old lady at Lowe’s–the mother of six kids. The things people assume…)

@e-k-seaver
                            Let me give you a hint–he was born between 2003 and 2005.

E. K. Seaver
                            @e-k-seaver

@leon-fleming 16?

ekseaver.wordpress.com

E. K. Seaver
                              @e-k-seaver

@gracie-j a security guard thought my sister (8 at the time) was my daughter. (I was 14 or 15) And more recently I was told that a different sister (currently 11) is such a beautiful girl and I’m lucky to have her as my daughter.

ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                                @gracie-j

@e-k-seaver Love the new pic, BTW! I have so many stories about siblings-being-my-kids that I’d take me forever to reiterate them, but my two faves are when an old lady thought that I, at 13-ish, was the mother of my six younger siblings, who ranged (at the time) from 11 to 3-months-old. Then, at a waterpark last summer, a lifeguard thought that my sister (who was 7) was my daughter (I was 14)–when I said that she wasn’t, she remarked that I acted like I was her mom. Of course, when it’s just me with the babies (who are 3 and 2), it’s not too difficult to imagine that I’m their mom, at least in this day and age.

It still cracks me up, though. I’m glad I’m not the only one–I think; it’s an embarrassing situation that I wouldn’t wish on anyone else, you know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >