Topic moderation?

Home Page Forums General Site Info Questions and Support Topic moderation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    E. K. Seaver
    @e-k-seaver
      • Total Posts: 344

So I posted something in novel ideas critique today, and I spent a good long while writing it out to explain my idea, but as soon as I hit post it notified me that my post needed to be moderated. I haven’t had this happen before when I started any other post. Was it because the post was too long? There weren’t any curse words or bad content in it. The only things I can think of are either the photos of characters that I put in it or the length.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
      ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
      @gracie-j
        • Total Posts: 1789

@e-k-seaver This has happened to me a hundred times, especially back when I was trying to post my introduction (that never got posted, so…)! I’ve found that links (aside from ones to Google Docs) trigger this unusual happening; otherwise, I have no idea what the deal is. Just know that it isn’t you or what you wrote, since this has happened to both me and @leon-fleming recently. It may have been the photos, though…

I totally understand how depressing it is to lose all of that though. When that happens, you can always press the back button to return to your unsubmitted post, then copy what you wrote to save it and try again.

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Alien and Sojourner in a Foreign Land
        @william-starkey
          • Total Posts: 634

@e-k-seaver Ouch. OUch. OUCH. OUCHOUCH!!!

Yeah. That happened to me a few times; a most memorable occurrence happened when I was posting back to a very long post of @gracie-j’s in a very ornate writing style/etc. And I lost it all. Almost even my temper. And I can tell you from personal experience that that wouldn’t have been very pretty if I had. XD

Gracie J.
          @gracie-j

@leon-fleming It was disastrous. However, I think the most disturbing part of the whole ordeal was that your “almost lost temper” resulted in me having a black eye and broken nose. Not to mention my ears were ringing from all your cursing. (@e-k-seaver His temper is even worse than mine…and we all know that I’m a very “testy” person.)

@william-starkey

@gracie-j Yes, well; I do not hit nor hurt girls/women, and I do not curse, so you might want to re-think that one and refrain from ever mentioning things like that about me again (which aren’t about me).

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@leon-fleming If you say so (I mean, those are great qualities to have, for sure), but you were a wee bit into your cups that day. I believe it was all of that champagne you’d been indulging in. You probably don’t remember much of what happened that day…which is for the better. You said some horrible things.

@william-starkey

@gracie-j Nope; that’s the end.

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@leon-fleming All right, fine. I’ve apparently hurt your feelings with my lies–er, assertive personality, so I’ll shut up now. Good day.

If it makes you feel better, thanks for not be a besotted, foul-mouthed woman-beater. I appreciate it.

@william-starkey

@gracie-j I must correct you again; I generally don’t have “feelings”. This has nothing to do with any ego which some people might say that I own. XD Good day. You can thank my Father about that. It had nothing to do with me.

Kathleen
                      @kathleenramm
                        • Total Posts: 635

@e-k-seaver @gracie-j @leon-fleming

That is so frustrating. I’ve been doing some research on bugs and online forums, and I will see if there’s anything a the backend of KP website I can do to fix this.

I’ll get back to you when I do. Thanks for letting me know about the issue!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Kathleen.
                        Gracie J.
                        @gracie-j

@kathleenramm Thank you! I hope you can find out what is it!

@leon-fleming I should have known–no feelings. Of course. And no ego? Now, that one I have a hard time believing. Mmhmm. I can see right through you, buster. You’re the one with the problem–not me. (Which is such a relief…I was kind of worried for a second there.)

@william-starkey

@kathleenramm Right, thanks!

@gracie-j
                            The trouble isn’t that you can see right through me, it’s that you can’t see me at all. And thus, you can’t determine whether or not that’s true.

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@leon-fleming That’s just weird, dude. Weird.

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j

@leon-fleming I mean, aside from the fact that I really can’t see you, physically, with mine own eyes. But I can tell a lot about a person from their writing.

And you’re lying. I can totally see that.

@william-starkey

@gracie-j Not everybody is transparent through their writing. My point was that people can’t know other people just through online sites.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 89 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >