To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

@GracieGirl Yeah. 😀

Jess
      @jess
        • Total Posts: 575

Hey, I loved those logic books too! @emma-flournoy Unfortunately, my dad and I both read them at the same time so now all we do is point out the other’s fallacies. 😛

@graciegirl
        yikes for pre-calc and trig. I’m in the same boat. I’m not really sure what to expect because I’m okay with math, but I hear that’s hard too.
        And like most people, I’ll be doing some stuff through the summer. It’s all part of the homeschooling life. 😛 (Unless you don’t procrastinate. 😉 )

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

Oh you’ve read them too @Jess! Great. 😀 And that’s hilarious. A little bit of that goes on in this house too. Considering you both read it, you technically shouldn’t be making fallacies anymore. 😉

Gracie
          @graciegirl
            • Total Posts: 889

@Jess We shall be very seasick in this boat together, yes? 😜 (sorry, adapted quote from one of my favorite books. Can’t help meeself).
            Ah, we homeschoolers don’t even know what true summer break is. 😆

*is probably geeking out about something*

Jada Morrison
            @jadamae
              • Total Posts: 199

Congratualtions, class of 2017! We should have a part or something. I am also graduating this year so I get to see what happens next in this amazing, crazy thing we call life. 🙂 I have around 30 college credits so I am considering doing college for a Journalism degree to use in editing, but we’ll see how God leads. Advice for others in high school? Do your best and dig into what you’re learning instead of just trying to get through it. There is a good reason for school and if we are doing all to the glory of God, that includes our schoolwork. Additionally, fretting doesn’t help you decide what you are going to do when you graduate. (Don’t you hate that question??) Do any other graduates have a hard time realizing you’re graduating? My last 2 years were a lot lighter so it was sort of gradual, but it still doesn’t seem real.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1486

@Ingridrd Yay! Summer!

@michael-Stanton
                Congratulations on graduating college! 🙂

@aratrea
                Yes planning is fantastic! I’ve had to practice planning through the college-in-high-school thing, and I think it’s something I should continue. Good suggestion.
                Ah, hard stuff is coming. I can’t say I’ll be ready for it, but I hope it will drive me closer to God instead of farther away. The getting-outside-your-age-bracket thing is great I haven’t thought of that.

@Rolena-hatfield
                Thanks for the icecream! 🙂 🙂

@kate-flournoy
                You are graduating too? *Feels privileged to belong in the same graduating class*

@graciegirl
                Oh no not the college talks! Man, it seems like Junior year was just yesterday. Good luck with the college stuff!

@that_writer_girl_99
                I did a year of college in highschool too! *high fives*. I’m also leaving a bunch of younger highschoolers, and it makes me really sad I wouldn’t be around them anymore. 🙁

@Ethryndal
                I was so close to not going to college. So close. So I totally understand why you aren’t going. *sighs and looks back on potential what-ifs*

@emma-flournoy
                Yep I was homeschooled. Wow I just realized I have to say “was” intead of “is”. *Sits in shock*

@jadamae
                Yay another graduate! I’m so happy I’m not alone! It doesn’t quite feel real, does it? I just had my graduation ceremony and it’s so weird!

To all the high school graduates, I feel so privileged to be graduating with you all!
                To the college graduates, I’m seriously impressed. You guys give me hope that I can make it through. 🙂
                To those still in high school, you will make it! Take this time to find who you are and relish your parents love and protection.

To the graduates, what are you going to do now? If you’re going to college, which one?
                I’m hoping to get a job this summer then go to Cedarville University in Ohio this fall.

Josiah DeGraaf
                @aratrea
                  • Total Posts: 717

@winter-rose Well, the really awesome thing is that even when you aren’t ready for whatever is thrown in your path, when I look back, what strikes me is not how hard it was but how faithful God was during those times. 🙂 While it may be tough, the moments I’ve felt closest to God have come during those times, which is a humbling but encouraging thing to realize!

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus. Guiding authors at Story Embers.

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy Yep. How it works is you start off in charge of your own education with your parents not monitoring you hardly at all. Then, you make the educated decision that it is no longer worth your time to continue doing math. Therefore, you stop it. Then, your parents figure out a year later that you stopped doing math (even though you had mentioned it once or twice before) and by then it’s already too late to change.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
                    @that_writer_girl_99
                      • Total Posts: 1819

@winter-rose Well, right now, I’m at a community college near where I live–I’ll be there for another year–but when I get my AA, I’m going to transfer to the University of South Florida. It’s a great school with a major specifically dedicated to creative writing, and I’m very excited.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Jane Maree
                      @jane-maree
                        • Total Posts: 909

@Winter-Rose
                        Funny thing is that the Australian school year begins and ends with the calendar year. So technically I’m actually right in the middle of everything still. *sighs and shrugs*

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Kate Flournoy
                        @kate-flournoy
                          • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus sounds nerve-wracking. 😛

Elizabeth
                          @that_writer_girl_99
                            • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus I…may or may not of committed such an act throughout my junior/senior year. Except now I have to take remedial math classes. Oops.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Daeus
                            @daeus
                              • Total Posts: 4238

@that_writer_girl_99 Yikes!

@kate-flournoy
                              No, it was probably good for my nerves actually.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Christine Eaton
                              @christi-eaton
                                • Total Posts: 306

Whoo! I finished High School a couple weeks ago and it is wonderful! I’m going to Providence Christian College located in Pasadena, CA in the Fall and I’m very excited. 😀

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

R. J. Wordsmith
                                @r-j-wordsmith
                                  • Total Posts: 113

I will be graduating from High School in a couple of weeks, and hope to attend Regent University in VA, where I will pursue a degree in English. Best advice? Take Consumer Math, it is both understandable and has practical applications. I am also looking forward to what will be my first summer vacation in years-homeschoolers will understand.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >