To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions To the End of School *raises glass of Orange Juice*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@that_writer_girl_99 Eh, a number of things really. One of which being… *glances furtively around and lowers voice* I don’t really want to. It’s shocking, I know, but there it is. 🙂 And honestly, I don’t have a reason to go. I can make my way quite well without a college degree, and I know a lot of people that went to college for specific things who are now happily situated in something that has nothing to do with their degree. I don’t want to spend 4+ years of my life and surplus amounts of money on something I may not even use. (Because I’m not planning on becoming a rocket scientist… 😛 ) *shrugs* Aaaand I want to get married and have ten kids and write books and do needle work and eat chocolate all day. I don’t need a degree to do that. 😀

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

@Ethryndal you said it. *beams* Though if you’re going for ten kids, why not make it twelve? They come cheaper by the dozen, you know… *grins**winks*

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

@ethryndal Very cool. Although… *coughs* I’m going to college for a degree in creative writing, so…there are options.
          Lol, on another subject, they’re playing the second lord of the rings movie on TV right now and I just thought of you!

@kate-flournoy
          Kate, sweetheart, I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works…

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@That_Writer_Girl_99 YES IT IS HOW IT WORKS! At least a little bit…you get more tax deductions the more kids you have. *snicker*

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

@That_Writer_Girl_99 whaaaaaat??? *throws herself to the floor and sobs into the carpet* My life is a lie!

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy

But that isn’t the good reason to have lots of kiddos.

Elizabeth
                @that_writer_girl_99

Well. Apparently you know more than I… @emma-flournoy

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

I live in a family with ten siblings, @That_Writer_Girl_99. I’ve heard about that kinda thing… 😀

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

Congratulations @Winter-Rose!! Were you homeschooled? I think I read that at some point. But anyway. *ice cream*
                      Our family’s not stopping school yet…we’ll wait till canning season, when we really won’t have time. 😉 Then we can stop for a bit without guilt since we didn’t take off earlier.

I could actually graduate this year, ’cause I’m mostly done with school. But we’re waiting till next year have it ‘official’, in case any school board people would take issue with a homeschooled kid graduating at 16. 😛 Oh well.
                      What I’ve learned through high-school is that…it’s good to have a nice mom. XD Very good.

(@Ethryndal *high-five*)

Elizabeth
                      @that_writer_girl_99

What I’ve learned through high-school is that…it’s good to have a nice mom. XD Very good.

Oh my word, yes. @emma-flournoy

Gracie
                        @graciegirl
                          • Total Posts: 889

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Yes! @Emma-Flournoy is right about those tax deductions! And I’m speaking from “experience”. I took a co-op class where each student had a fake life that they had to budget for and everything, and each week we had life cards which either cost you money (i. e. your kid broke their leg and you had to pay the med bills) or you earned more money (in my case, you get 1000 dollar tax return per kid and I had the most kids in the class (5) so hoorah!!). 😜

Wow, that paragraph is a grammatical nightmare. 😆

*is probably geeking out about something*

Gracie
                          @graciegirl

@emma-Flournoy Yeah, I’m technically not done yet either. We go till we finish the books all the way through, AND we always start late, so I still have another three weeks or so before I officially finished 10th grade.
                            And you are SO right about moms. 😊

Elizabeth
                            @that_writer_girl_99

Haha! I wouldn’t be good at that class. At all. @graciegirl

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy

@That_Writer_Girl_99 *cackle* I don’t know how I’d have survived without her. Her help, and her letting me skip certain tests and such…

@GracieGirl
                                Cool! A class on that must’ve been quite educational. 😀 Of course.

Gracie
                                @graciegirl

@that_writer_girl_99 @emma-Flournoy It was actually my favorite class that year. It was a ton of fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >