This isn’t exactly film but I want to write audio dramas

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film This isn’t exactly film but I want to write audio dramas

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Power
    @power
      • Total Posts: 292

@sarafini

Audio dramas are awesome! I’ve look a tad in to doing voiceovers or reading a book for LibriVox. It is one of my dream jobs 😎. Anyhoo, hopping on the same boat as @whalekeeper, If you ever need a male voice just let me know. (I do a pretty good stuck up hare impression if I do say so myself. 🐰🧐)

You will love what you spend time with.

Otherworldly Historian
      @otherworldlyhistorian
        • Total Posts: 215

@sarafini

I haven’t done or really listened to any audio dramas but I do write scripts sometimes (like for my Drama class). That may be similar. One thing I have found helpful is that you have to get in the head of the characters when writing and think about what they are thinking and what they want. I also find it extremely helpful to read them out loud to myself multiple times and edit from there. Also I would suggest doing more Phonetic based writing and remembering that people do not speak in good grammar. This is most easily accomplished through reading the script out loud. It is also useful to think about how emotion is portrayed through action/voice rather than just the emotion.

I hope this is helpful.

@felicity

I also would recommend audacity. It is pretty good. I used it for some school assignments (mostly in Drama) where I needed to have sound effects and such.

Through darkness,
        light shines brightest

Folith-Feolin
        @folith-feolin
          • Total Posts: 310

@sarafini

+1 on the voice acting application

If you need a male voice I do theatre and can sing pretty well. Also on the topics of scriptwriting and directing my brother @otherworldlyhistorian has some experience doing so it might be helpful if he has any inputs.

Folith-Feolin
          @folith-feolin

@otherworldlyhistorian
            lol we posted at the same time

Folith-Feolin
            @folith-feolin

As a side note otherworldlyhistorian also used audacity to overlap most of the bloodborne soundtrack into one 2 minuet song
              It sounds weirdly good

I would post it but I think he accidentally deleted it

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 692

Haha! Great to know y’all. Thanks for the advice! I will keep you voice actors in mind @whalekeeper @power and @folith-feolin

Also, if I have any more questions I’ll know who to ask! Thanks @otherworldlyhistorian

😁😊

Whaley
                @whalekeeper
                  • Total Posts: 2580

@sarafini

At your service

@power

Is that a Redwall fan that I sense? 😎 I don’t remember if you told me, but you seem the type. That comment gave me strong nostalgia, let me tell you.

@folith-feolin

This is kind of random, but you remind me a lot of someone I met at a winter camp in North Carolina. Any chance… ?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Folith-Feolin
                  @folith-feolin

@whalekeeper
                    as far as I know then I have not been to any winter camps in North Carolina I don’t think at least…

that would have been funny though.

Folith-Feolin
                    @folith-feolin

@otherworldlyhistorian

correct me if I’m wrong

Felicity
                      @felicity
                        • Total Posts: 811

@otherworldlyhistorian

Yes Audacity is great for sound effects. By the way I don’t think I said hi/met you yet…Hi! Nice to meet you. That’s neat that you’re @folith-feolin ‘s twin.

@sarafini

I’m not a pro voice actor but I once read a Jane Austen novel aloud in a British accent and I can do a Eastern European accent fairly well because I’m learning Polish. Just in case you need a Polish accent.

@anyone

Has anyone ever listened to Phil Dragash’s dramatized LOTR? It is the absolute best rendition ever. His character accents are almost identical to the ones in the movies and he even uses the real soundtrack and some sound effects from the movies. Over all it’s a great experience. He did it as a personal project and some of it is free on his youtube channel. I listened to it on Audiobooks4Soul a while back but I don’t think it’s on there anymore.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Anonymous
                          • Total Posts: 692

@felicity

Ah, thanks. Good to know. I’ll keep you in mind. Sorry I missed this. I’ll have to look that Phil Lolar thing up.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >