This isn’t exactly film but I want to write audio dramas

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film This isn’t exactly film but I want to write audio dramas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 692

Hey, y’all! Anyone here an audio drama fan? If so have ya ever written one? I need advice. 😁

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@sarafini. I have never written one, and the only audio drama I’ve listened to is Adventures in Odyssey, lol. XD

However, writing an audio drama sounds SOOOO cool!!! 😀 I imagine it’d be pretty similar to writing a script for an animated movie, lol. XD

The only thing I’VE written kinda similar to that was a play for 8th grade…that I never did. xD

Anonymous

Yes! AIO. They’re actually the reason I want to write audio dramas. I have some fan fiction scripts I can post if you want to see them. 😊😁

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@sarafini. I’d LOVE to see them!!! 🙂

Whaley
            @whalekeeper
              • Total Posts: 2580

Oh, I looooove Lamplighter Theater, especially The White Gypsy, The Giant Killer, oh, and Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince…

In conclusion, yes I am! Never written one, but I’ve always wanted to. I’d love to hear about your projects.

(Btw, I glance at Story Embers ever once in a while, and I think someone mentioned this topic there before. Not sure. So I’d check that out if I were you 😉)

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Felicity
              @felicity
                • Total Posts: 811

@sarafini

I’ve taken one of my WIPs (actually one of my only finished first drafts 😀 ) and turned the first chapter into an audio drama. I was the narrator and all the dialogue. I used a program called Audacity to change my voice for the guys and it sounded really bad, but I used it anyway!! Then I added music and sound effects which were really fun! And after I had worked on it for days, I had eight minutes of audio drama. I don’t know if it was worth it, except to laugh at.

I have three younger sisters and I did it to surprise them…we start ROTFL whenever we get to the one part which is me trying to impersonate a 45 yr. old man. 😀 ;D 😊😁

Anyway, I liked using Audacity and I’d definitely recommend it for layering audio. Also Mixkit and Sound Bible are great for free sound effects.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
                @felicity

@whalekeeper

Yes!! Another Lamplighter fan!!! I just took advantage of their sale and ordered the full Ned Franks set. Totally worth it!

Anonymous

Ooh! Yes, honestly I want to write for LLT. I think it would be a great blessing!

Ooh, that’s interesting. I’m not currently on my computer but I will share the AIO fan scripts the next time I get on. 😁

Anonymous

@whalekeeper

I tried to get on the forum and they never answered. Not sure why.

Anonymous

@felicity

Do you think it’s because you have a higher voice (or do you have a lower sounding voice) or is it just low-quality? I have a lower voice. In fact, I’ve been asked if I sing alto. Lol. I don’t. I would actually be a second soprano.

Felicity
                        @felicity

@sarafini

I think in general I have a lower voice, but it still sounded like a lady trying to make her voice sound deep. (I probably didn’t do the effects right 😀 ) If I had to do it again, I’d just have my brother do that part.

Hey, I might be a second soprano too! I don’t know for sure. I can’t sing the really high parts but I sing soprano.

Anonymous

@felicity

Oh cool! Same. I need to sing high but I can’t go as high as a soprano. Lol Oh ok. I’ll definitely have to check that out. Is there a place you learned how to write a script. I get the basic stuff but I was wondering how to make it look professional. Or did you not make it professional? I’d eventually like to be able to send in AIO scripts to focus on the family and maybe create my own audio drama with actors (professional or not 😉).

Felicity
                            @felicity

@sarafini

No, I wasn’t doing it professionally, just for fun. Audacity is just a program for audio tracks. I didn’t write a script, I just read aloud parts of my book, so I’m not sure how to do that.

I’d eventually like to be able to send in AIO scripts to focus on the family and maybe create my own audio drama with actors (professional or not 😉).

Oh, that sounds fun! You really should do that!

Elishavet Pidyon
                              @elishavet-pidyon
                                • Total Posts: 1013

@sarafini

I’m totally barging in, but I love this topic. (Am very much an audio drama fan)

I love AiO, and Focus on the Family’s other works, especially their Chronicles of Narnia. ❤️ (Both of which I grew up with)

Also, I’ve written Adventures in Odyssey fan fiction scripts as well (with my twin sister and a friend). There are so many questions we never get answers for and characters that kinda disappear, so fan fiction is rather natural, I think.

I’d be thrilled to see your scripts, if you do want to share. I might share some of the sections I wrote in ours in return, if you want.

Anyway, unfortunately I don’t have much advice, other than what @felicity mentioned on having guys do male voices and girls do female ones (if at all possible). It really changes the tone and makes it sound much more indepth. (Not to mention more accurate and less comical.)

Oh! And if possible, record real screams. Acted screams often sound off, so just have fun with real ones.

And that sounded incredibly creepy. Lol! I hope you get what I mean.

I’d eventually like to be able to send in AIO scripts to focus on the family and maybe create my own audio drama with actors (professional or not 😉).

That would be absolutely and fantabulously awesome! My brain hurts from the thrill of imagining it. (I would also totally love to be a voice actor for an audio theater)

Personally, one of my dreams is to have my books — when they’re finally written — made into dramatized audiobooks. So, it would still be the entire book being read, but with a multi voice cast, music, and sound effects.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Total Posts: 2580

@sarafini

That sounds great – and, I mean, you never know 😉 Maybe your scripts will become something more. If you ever need a voice, I’m at your service!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >