The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    Shaina
    @jenali
      • Total Posts: 142

This was great! Can’t wait for the next part!

@dekreel

The Scattered Writer

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@jenali  Thank you so much!! 😀

You can pronounce it however you want.

Joy
        @dekreel

Get ready, guys, this part contains one of my favorite scenes ever. Mwahahaaaaa…

The Gif-Hiders: An Easter Story

Part Four: The Young Man with the Extension Cord

“Two… thousand… GIFs?!”

“But of course! There are nearly six hundred Kapeefers on this island.”

Jenna stammered, “I-I can’t hide two thousand GIFs all over the island in one night!”

“Oh, not the whole island, just the Vivid Green forest!” Daeus plopped another raspberry into his mouth.

Jenna was beginning to think this wasn’t a good idea, after all. “Surely someone will help me!”

“Oh, I’ll provide you with help, don’t worry.” The King had a mischievous look in his eyes.

Jenna raised her eyebrows dubiously at Daeus, across the table, as she munched on her muffin.

“Would you care to meet my subjects?” asked Daeus after they had finished eating.

“Sure! Of course I want to meet them!”

She followed the Raspberry King up a staircase and through a hall and across a balcony… until they reached a door. It was painted with the Sun glaring at the corner onto a tree, and lush green grass dotted with flowers.

Daeus took a step toward the door, knocked and began calling, “Emma? Are you in there?”

After a few moments, Emma opened the door. “Hi, Daeus!” she greeted cheerfully.

“Hello! What have you been doing?”

“What do you mean ‘what have I been doing?!’ Why did you have to find another GIF-hider?”

“Ahhh, yes, of course,” Daeus sighed with a roll of his eyes, “Speaking of which, I’d like you to meet her. This is Jenna. Jenna, this is Emma Flournoy, the Princess of the Kingdom of Pen, Kate the Knight’s sister, and the would-be GIF-hider.

“Charmed!” Emma shook Jenna’s hand. “Have you read Les Miserables?”

Over the next hour, she got to meet the Knights: Hope Ann, Elizabeth, Gabrielle, Rolena, Haley, and of course their leader, Kate, who was also the dragon-keeper. They also met Daeus’ sister Kina, and his right-hand man, Reagan.

Finally, they came to Degrande the Wiser’s lair, which would turn out to be the weirdest experience she would have in the castle.

As she and the king walked up to the door, she picked up a loud and muffled male voice coming from behind it. It paused for a second or two when Daeus knocked, but then continued.

The Wiser answered the door promptly. He looked very weary.

“What?!”

“I said, ‘good afternoon!’” The King repeated over the voice, which was much louder with the door open.

Jenna saw a man younger than DeGrande standing on a table behind him. He appeared to be making a speech, holding an extension cord as if it were a microphone.

“Back to a human now, is he?” Daeus shouted over the speech.

“Yes! I can’t figure out how it happened! But he won’t change back!”

Somewhere in the corner, a Cheshire Catwing Grin materialized for a few seconds and then disappeared again, but no one seemed to notice.

“Oh dear,” said Daeus, “Anyway, this is our GIF-hider, Jenna. I think you’ve met her.”

“I have. Good to see you, Jenna!”

“You, too!”

“I’d be careful!” called the young man with the extension cord. He jumped down from the table, walked to the door, and said to Jenna, “My brother here tends to turn people into frogs, so stay away! I know – he turned me into a frog!”

“I couldn’t stand your endless speeches!”

“Well excuse me. My speeches are very important. So important that I have to use an extension cord. Because somebody won’t buy me a microphone.”

“You’d bore the KeePers to pieces!”

“KAPEEFERS!”

“Oh, right…”

“Whoa, whoa, time out!” Daeus waved his arms at the brothers. “You really need to… Now who is that?!” He pointed at the top of Wiser’s head and raised a stern eyebrow. “Don’t tell me you frogged the chef again!”

Jenna realized for the first time that there was a frog on his head. It’s brown-ish skin blended in well with Degrande’s hair.

“Oh, no!” said the Wiser, “I settled that matter long ago!”

“Then who is it?”

A cricket chirped…

After a few moments of irritating silence, Daeus sighed, “Well, it doesn’t matter right now. Jenna, that is Daniel, the Wiser’s brother.”

“And the founder of the Kapeefers!” Daniel added as he shook Jenna’s hand.

“Um…” said the Wiser, “Technically Daeus is the founder.”

“He’s the founder of the KeePers. I am the founder of the Kapeefers!”

“Whatever you say…” Josiah Degrande rolled his eyes.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I have puppies to milk…”

Jenna spent the rest of the afternoon and evening wandering around the castle Regnis, and gazing out the windows at the rolling hills, the city of Pendam, and the occasional dragon soaring through the sky, melting chairs as he or she went. As the sun was beginning to graze the ocean at the horizon, she and the King’s subjects ate a wonderful dinner of spaghetti and peas together.

Long after the Sun had set, it was time.

Jenna met Kate outside the dragon stables. “Kai will take you to the edge of the Vivid Green, where you will find some bags of GIFs. Be sure to hide them cleverly. The great thing about forests is there are endless places to hide things.” Kate waggled her eyebrows and flashed a big smile.

“But wait, Daeus said that I would get help!”

“He will arrange help for you, don’t worry.”

Kai stooped his neck and Jenna climbed on. “Are you sure I can get this done by tomorrow?!”

“Positive! I know you can! Especially with help,” Kate answered as Kai began to warm up his wings.

Before long, she was back in the air, bound for the forest.

“Thank you!” Jenna called to the Knight.

“You’re welcome!” she shouted back, “And thank you! Happy hiding! And watch for wild troll-things!”

Starring: Jenna  @daeus  @emma-flournoy  @aratrea  @the-real-kapeefer  @kate-flournoy

@dragon-snapper
            @jenali  @aislinn-mollisong  @daughteroftheking  @epicaddie2  @lady-iliara  @ariella-newheart  @catwing  @sam-kowal  @supermonkey42  @seekjustice  @jane-maree  @clairec  @skredder  @inkling-for-christ  @notawriter  @itisastarrynight  @introvert_girl  @everyone-else…

Sam Kowal
          @sam-kowal
            • Total Posts: 635

@dekreel 😀 😀 😀 *flails*

That is awesome

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

*Giarstanornarak tries to melt chair*
            Also, Daeus has 22 turtles in his signature.

Joy
            @dekreel

@sam-kowal  Ahhh, thank youuu! 😀

Skredder
              @skredder
                • Total Posts: 527

@dekreel Yes! This is brilliant!

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Emma Flournoy
                @emma-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 1352

@Dekreel It’s great! And I love my door. 😀

Joy
                  @dekreel

@skredder  Thanks so much!! <3

@emma-flournoy
                      Yeah, I though it might be fitting to have your door look like your profile. Thank you! 😀

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

@Dekreel 😀 And the Les Mis thing is hilarious.

Joy
                      @dekreel

@emma-flournoy  That’s the idea! XD Thank you!

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Dekreel Quite. XD

Rochellaine
                          @rochellaine
                            • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel When Daniel says somebody won’t by him a microphone – is he referring to anyone in particular? 😀 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

The fledgling Artist
                            @notawriter
                              • Total Posts: 328

@dekreel  Loving it! Can’t wait for the next part! 😉

and I was so confused

Ben Powell
                              @supermonkey42
                                • Total Posts: 273

@dekreel XD Anything with Josiah and Daniel is great. 👍

A Kapeefer for life!
                                Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Joy
                                @dekreel

@rochellaine  He’s talking about Josiah X’D

@notawriter
                                    Thanks! Everyone says that XD

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Joy.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >