The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 416 total)
  • Author
    NC Stokes
    @daughteroftheking
      • Total Posts: 1156

@dekreel I MAY. HAVE JUST. DIED. *checks wibly-wobbly timey-wimey detector* Yep, I’m getting major nerd readings. XD

Blog: https://weridasusual.home.blog/

Joy
      @dekreel
        • Total Posts: 2304

@skredder  Just the kind of ending I wanted. XD Thanks!

@ariel-ashira
          Thank you! This is a Kingdom Pen adventure I’ve been working on. Sort of like Warren’s Dog series. You can read my whole story here. Just scroll down first. XD

Oh, never mind, you have read it all! XD Thank you so much!! I’m glad you like it! And yes, you can’t go wrong with Josiah and Daniel in the same scene. 😉

@supermonkey42
          In a way, in a way… *smirks* 😎

Second to last part!

@jane-maree
          Thank you! I hope you don’t mind my quoting you 😉

@sam-kowal
          I love him, too! I shall include him again in a future story! (One that doesn’t include Rochellaine. Or possibly Ariel.)

@warrenluther04
          @daughteroftheking did! N.C. is her other name

@jenwriter17
          Thank you!!

I can’t wait until the next paaaaaaart!

You have no idea how many times that has been said to me X’D

N.C. — *brings you back to life* Wait, wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey is a Dr Who thing! You don’t mean……

Or maybe it isn’t. XD Heehee, I KNEW you’d love this!

You can pronounce it however you want.

SleepwalkingMK
        @sleepwalkingmk
          • Total Posts: 179

@dekreel I love how this is so funny but so deep and true and helpful at the same time. *hugs you and Jenna* And that second to last line… XD

Read to explore worlds, write to create them.

SeekJustice
          @seekjustice
            • Total Posts: 3365

@dekreel

LOVE IT!! You literally brought tears to my eyes.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

SeekJustice
            @seekjustice
              • Total Posts: 3365

Ooh I hadn’t noticed that I’d become an eccentric mentor. I feel very special now *proceeds to mumble into beard and wander away*

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine
                • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel WHAT?!!! You gave @daughteroftheking her own starship?!  What about ME?  Does she really like Star Trek as much as I do?  Has she ever been to a Star Trek convention?

N.C., I am so jealous.  You had better let me visit your starship soon or I’ll…wait, you’re not a fictional creature?  I can’t make you disappear? *ponders what to do when my realitization blaster doesn’t work*

(By the way, Dekreel, if you don’t believe me, I can prove that you and I talked about Star Trek long before you knew N.C. liked it.  Quoting from a Shirley Temple movie: “I know my rights, I know the law!  And what I say I saw, I saw!”) 😉

😀 😀 😀  In all seriousness, I will say it’s a good installment, though.  It was interesting and nice that you put in the deeper elements of the conversations we have here instead of just the crazy stuff.  And N.C., just in case you were wondering, I’m perfectly satisfied with my job as Sheriff of Kingdom Pen, so you can keep the starship. 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                @dekreel

@sleepwalkingmk  Thanks! Yeah, I think Jenna is basically just another side of myself…

@seekjustice
                    Did I now…? Well, glad you liked it XD

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

@rochellaine
                    Well, N.C. is under the order of Kirk, and I know you don’t like Kirk very much…… Well, sorry about that…

Ohhh, I knew N.C. was a Trekker before you were even on KP! What’s your proof?

Thanks! Glad you liked it anyways

The fledgling Artist
                  @notawriter
                    • Total Posts: 328

@dekreel Aww this chapter was very sweet!
                    I wasn’t gonna mention this on KP because i’m not sure if its going to happen or not but I’ve been thinking about writing some KP literature and then illustrating it (The illustration part is why i’m not sure when or if ill do it.) But anyway the reason I mention it is because I wanted it to have a slightly more serious tone then the other literature that’s been written thus far. And I wasn’t entirely sure how to balance the funny stuff with the deeper stuff. But I think you did that really well in this installment! 🙂

and I was so confused

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@dekreel Okaaay.  I guess you’re right.  I don’t have proof you didn’t know @daughteroftheking liked Star Trek.  I do have proof that you and I talked about it more often before you and she began to talk about it:

What I meant was at the time of this conversation, you already knew my favorite series and character, and I knew yours, and we’d talked about you watching TNG, but you still didn’t know what N.C.’s favorites were, and it looks like she didn’t know what series you had watched.

Anyway, I was making a big deal just as a joke because before you created my character as a sheriff you told me you thought I would wear futuristic clothing, so I had thought my character was a science fiction type character. 😀  I really don’t mind at all.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

NC Stokes
                      @daughteroftheking

@dekreel Yes, wibly-wobly-timey-wimey is a Doctor Who thing. *mysterious eye twinkle* *Tardis whooshing noise in the background*

@seekjustice
                        Congratulations on your eccentric-ness! 😀 “mumble into beard” Oh goodness! XD

@rochelaine Well, it’s hardly my own starship. 😛 But you’re welcome to visit anytime. And yes! I’m real! Last time I checked. *giggles* *disappears in a puff of smoke*

NC Stokes
                        @daughteroftheking

Tag fail. @rochellaine

Joy
                          @dekreel

@daughteroftheking  You didn’t!! Did you?? Did you watch Dr Who? O.O

Joy
                            @dekreel

@notawriter  That sounds awesome!! And yeah I wouldn’t say it has to be funny. The illustration thing sounds AMAZING!!!

I say go for it!!

The fledgling Artist
                              @notawriter
                                • Total Posts: 328

@dekreel Yeah it does sound cool.. I would still have to figure out all the characters and the plot (The characters are easy.. The plot not so much xD) And then I can’t even imagine how long it might take to actually illustrate it. The artistic perfectionist in me would want to redo every illustration a zillion times till I don’t hate it.. so that would add even more time. It sounds super fun though so I might slowly pick away at it when ever I get the time! Ah i’m rambling now..

I know it doesn’t have to be funny.. But almost all my favorite things balance quirky lightheartedness with deep and meaningful themes! And now that i’m more seriously looking to replicate that- it just looks so hard! *takes off glasses to sob into cloak*
                                I suppose that’s to be expected when you have next to no writing experience though. *sniff*

and I was so confused

Joy
                                @dekreel

@notawriter  Ahhh ramble all you want. I don’t mind. 😉

I totally get the whole art perfectionism thing. It took me several erases to get my profile picture just right. Wolf-ish snouts are hard!

*pats your shoulder* Understood. Perfectly. The KPA doesn’t really have a theme either. I’m not sure if it even has a character arc! Just a… poorly-stressed “lesson.”

… I wish I had more to add to that… 😅

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 416 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >