The Quote Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4721

@theshadow You were close on a lot of them!

• You got Spy’s perfectly correct. I’m actually astonished.
      • Heavy’s was correct too, but I suppose if you know the characters, it’s kinda easy.
      • Soldier’s is also very close in the “being delusional” part.
      • Scout was definitely showing off, but he wasn’t killing anyone quite yet. It was when they’d first got hired, and Huntress yells at him to stop messing around because he’ll “make a fool of himself in front of the boss.”
      • Demo was certainly enjoying life (I don’t know if he was blowing stuff up though), the line is from when he teleports in with food and drinks right after that scene I gave to Ducktator. So everyone’s all somber about how they might-or-might-not-be-dead-soon(you saw the explanation for the scene I posted on the bottom, right?), and he’s just like “what are you all depressed about and why are you looking at me like it’s my fault?”
      • Sniper’s actually talking to Huntress in the scene where he says the line. You see, in the story, since there are ten mercs instead of nine, the Mann brothers each hired five. But the ten get swapped around a lot, and a given team member might be on Red one day and Blu the next. So the first time Huntress met Sniper, she was tracking him down and actually killed him (they have like a respawn machine kinda thing, so he was fine after the battle). When she gets team-swapped one day, he’s the very next one to get to the battlefield and is like “hey, I recognize you. You’re the one that killed me.” He acts salty about it, but then turns around and saves her life later on because “she’s his teammate and he had to do it because ‘professionals have standards’ and in this case that means not leaving your teammates to face the enemy alone.” lol we all knew he did it because he was already kinda fond of her heheh
      • Engineer’s is probably actually the furthest. You took “lost” to mean “lost a fight,” but actually this is when Scout and Huntress are first hired and are just kinda hanging around in the desert trying to find where the heck their boss is. Engineer and Pyro show up and help them orient themselves.
      • Huntress’s line is also pretty far from your idea of it, but I can’t blame you because you don’t know her or the story too well yet. This is actually the very second line ever spoken in the story, after her and Scout’s mother asks her to keep him out of trouble.

of course, I already gave you the context for Medic’s line, and Pyro doesn’t say anything. Like literally he mmmphs out something indiscernible in the very beginning and then says absolutely zero words and just exists for the entire rest of the story (which is like a hundred and ten pages right now). LOL.

also, now that I know someone will enjoy it (and actually get the references), I will totally post this story once I’m finished editing it!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h

@theshadow ok so actually I was reading over my writing again and I realized that while you were off in saying Engineer’s line was from when their team lost and he wanted to know why, there actually is a scene very close to that in the story! He’s trying to boost morale for his team after they get beaten soundly, although Huntress is the only one that ends up listening because Scout and Soldier are too busy trying to beat each other up……lol

So I’ll give you partial points for guessing a completely unrelated plot point XD

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

HighScribe
        @highscribeofaetherium
          • Total Posts: 2449

“Put his head back on, he looks terrible like that!”

I refuse to give context 😈

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

HighScribe
          @highscribeofaetherium

Sorry, it’s actually:

“Put his head back on at once, he looks terrible like that!”

The Ducktator
            @theducktator
              • Total Posts: 723

@highscribeofaetherium

What?!?

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

HighScribe
              @highscribeofaetherium

@theducktator

Don’t worry, the guy was fine.

The Ducktator
                @theducktator

@highscribeofaetherium

Well, that’s good. I think.

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@highscribeofaetherium BWAHAHAHAHA LOLLL

I don’t need context lol, I can imagine it

TheShadow
                    @theshadow
                      • Total Posts: 305

@keilah-h

You got Spy’s perfectly correct. I’m actually astonished. 

Woah, no way!!  I thought I was waaay off with Spy’s one lol.

Engineer’s is probably actually the furthest. You took “lost” to mean “lost a fight,” but actually this is when Scout and Huntress are first hired and are just kinda hanging around in the desert trying to find where the heck their boss is. Engineer and Pyro show up and help them orient themselves.

Ohh, ok. That makes a lot more sense now.

Like literally he mmmphs out something indiscernible in the very beginning and then says absolutely zero words and just exists for the entire rest of the story (which is like a hundred and ten pages right now). LOL.

That sounds like Pyro XD

also, now that I know someone will enjoy it (and actually get the references), I will totally post this story once I’m finished editing it!!

YESSSSS, CAN’T WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!

So I’ll give you partial points for guessing a completely unrelated plot point XD

Haha thanks lol

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

TheShadow
                      @theshadow
                        • Total Posts: 305

@highscribeofaetherium

Lol what???

"No! Monkeys should have pets, all monkeys should have pets!"

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@theshadow certainly!

also, in the non-human sentient chat I have fan art of most of the characters in their sci-fi AU forms. Just finished another one yesterday and will post him when I get the chance!

HighScribe
                          @highscribeofaetherium

*basking in everyone’s confusion*

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator

“All the cool people are throwing up underpants! It’s a fad!” -me

The Ducktator
                              @theducktator

“Woah! Who’s eating Ronald Reagan‽”-me

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@theducktator what??? lol

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >