The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 291 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4732

@ellette-giselle ikr? I was kinda surprised when that was the song that came up when I clicked the link but I’m not complaining haha

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Linus Smallprint
      @linus-smallprint
        • Total Posts: 401

@ellette-giselle 

WAY BETTER! 

Good!

Ok, the magic thing is a little fuzzy still.

That’s because I forgot about that one. Oops. Thanks for the suggestion though, I think I have a good idea on how to fix this.

@keilah-h

Ooo, I like the Charles song!! – Ellette

OOH I LOVE THAT SONG. – Keliah

Ocarina of time does have a good soundtrack. Just for fun, if either of you has soundtrack suggestions for my book, let me know. (Also, I still need to listen to your soundtrack all the way through, Ellette.)

ok I was just listening to one and it’s low quality but sounds HEAVENLY. – Keliah

Nice!

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h

@linus-smallprint ok! I don’t have a lot of fantasy soundtrack suggestions, most of my go-tos sound more modern, but if I come to a point in the story that I think a song I listened to fits with, I’ll post it!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Ellette Giselle
          @ellette-giselle
            • Total Posts: 1093

@linus-smallprint

That’s because I forgot about that one.

HAHA! that makes sense. I was trying to figure out what you changed. lol.

Just for fun, if either of you has soundtrack suggestions for my book, let me know.

ooo, will do!!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Linus Smallprint
            @linus-smallprint

@keilah-h

I was kinda surprised when that was the song that came up when I clicked the link but I’m not complaining haha 

Never be surprised if a song I provide is from a video game. Most of the music I listen to is from video games.

Also, I realized I forgot to answer your question from earlier.

one question: Did Jesus come to die in this universe as well, Aslan style? Or did He only die for humankind’s sin in Earth, and somehow it spread to all descendants of Adam no matter what universe?

The later is correct. The Bible teaches that Jesus only needed to die once to save everyone (See Hebrews 10:14), so it would be wrong to say he needed to die a second time, especially since every intelligent creature in my world is a descendant of Adam. (Though I still like Narnia.) I hinted at this in the beginning of the first chapter when I said ‘Your world, of course, is the most likely candidate as it has supplied all the other worlds with the most important things.’ At the end of book three, the reader will be informed that The Saviour died in our world and will be directed to find Him here.

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h

@linus-smallprint Given that all your creatures a descendants of Adam, I realize it does make more sense for Jesus to only die and rise again in our world and it applies to them also. In Narnia, it was kinda different because most of the creatures were completely unrelated to humans. So yeah, the latter makes much more sense.

Ellette Giselle
                @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

Never be surprised if a song I provide is from a video game. Most of the music I listen to is from video games.

That’s just sad. You need to broaden your music listening habits. You are missing out on some of the greatest composers in history! It’s…. it’s like eating PBJ for every meal. Every day!!! If you need some good soundtracks to try I have a list. A long one. Each book i write has three main soundtracks of it’s own. Oh man…… I could go on a full out rant…..all my favorite composers and soundtracks…. but I won’t. I will spare you that.

Just please let me share some good writing soundtracks (or any other thing you want to do soundtracks) with you. 🙂

Linus Smallprint
                  @linus-smallprint

@ellette-giselle

Just please let me share some good writing soundtracks (or any other thing you want to do soundtracks) with you. 🙂

Okay. What do you got?

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@ellette-giselle Video game music isn’t just one genre though. It’s very, very widespread over multiple genres.

Now, movie soundtracks and classical composers are the other two things I go to when I want music without words, so I would say it’s good to have decently broad horizons.

I would love to hear what all your soundtracks are tbh.

Ellette Giselle
                      @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

okay, to be fair I do listen to one video game soundtrack : god of war. Aside from that… nah.

Ok, here we go:

Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

Prince Caspian

Ender’s Game

The Dark Night Trilogy (though I like to mix it with something else backside it can start to feel like a meal of dark chocolate)

For Greater Glory (So GOOD)

Sound of Freedom (One of the Best soundtracks ever!)

Braveheart

theres your starters. If you like them I have more.

Linus Smallprint
                        @linus-smallprint

@ellette-giselle

Thank you for the suggestions. I was kind of surprised that they were all movie soundtracks. Listening to the Ender’s Game one right now.

Linus Smallprint
                          @linus-smallprint

@theducktator @loopylin @stephie @theshadow @ellette-giselle @keilah-h

Next chapter. This is my Gospel chapter, the firehose of Christianity if you will. I hope that I am not being too forceful with this, I am hoping that any unbelievers who read this will consider what is being said instead of being turned off by it. It is a little weird since it is half allegory (with Magic being an allegory of sin), but let’s see what you think. Chapter the 16th will come out sometime next week. I don’t have a name for it yet.

Chapter the 15th – The Saviour

Ellette Giselle
                            @ellette-giselle

@linus-smallprint

the movie one are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head. I don’t have access to my laptop because we’re traveling so I couldn’t look at the composers of the non movie soundtracks.

I’ll probably read the chapter next week when we get home. Really looking forward to it!!

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@linus-smallprint Wow! That was good!

Alan, listen to your father, he’s making some very valid points.

@ellette-giselle
                                god of war????

lol I didn’t expect that to be the one video game soundtrack you liked

absolutely no judgement though, I’ve listened to a few of the tracks and they’re great

Ellette Giselle
                                @ellette-giselle

@keilah-h

well, I have a weakness for Norse styles of music, clothing, art, ships, customs, weapons, and warfare. god of war certainly has some strong Norse leanings and so I like it a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 291 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >