The Last Jedi

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    Emma Flournoy
    @emma-flournoy
      • Total Posts: 1352

Don’t worry @xonos-darkgrate @salome01w4g, I don’t like Leia either.

@That_Writer_Girl_99
      Do you remember, when you’d just recently joined the forum, before you’d even made your introductory topic, you were on some other topic and one of the first things we talked about was Luke? I said I didn’t like him and you said he was one of your favorites, and @Ethryndal came and said she didn’t like him either. And I told you he was my sister Elizabeth’s favorite, so you were a team? 😀 So I always remember that you like Luke, because that was one of the first things we said.
      I don’t hate Luke though, and I do hope they don’t make a mess of him here.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
      Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

Haha @emma-flournoy now that you mention it, I think I do remember us talking about that. I was appalled to think someone could dislike Luke. To be honest, I still think it’s strange…

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

@Emma-Flournoy @That_writer_girl_99 Oh yeah, and I felt really awkward because sometimes I *cough* forget that not everyone shares my opinion, and had just said something really scathing about Luke…

*whinily* But I was going to go into Tosche station to pick up some new POWER converters!!!

*cough*

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
          @that_writer_girl_99

You know, I think what the two of you miss about Luke’s character is he’s…what, eighteen in the movie? Nineteen? Speaking as an eighteen year old myself, I think I would react similarly, if I was dropped into Luke’s situation.

Ugh, why can’t you guys dislike a more useless character? Lando Calrissian? Grand Moff Tarkin? Every single one of those poor commanders Vader chokes in the course of the original trilogy? @ethryndal @emma-flournoy

Ethryndal
            @ethryndal

@That_writer_girl_99 Hey, don’t go cracking down on Grand Moff Tarkin. I once took a Star Wars character quiz, and apparently, I am he.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99

*snorts* I can’t say I see the resemblance.

Okay but seriously. You see my point, right? About Luke? @ethryndal

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal

*cough* @That_Writer_girl_99 *cough cough COUGH choke hack*

Okay fine, I see your point. And honestly, he’s probably the most realistic hero of all the teenage heroes, considering he represents the most normal way of life. Leia or Padme or Rey couldn’t whine, because they’d never known any other way of life than hardship. Luke, on the other hand, was just a normal kid. And most normal kids respond to life the way he does. (Besides me, of course. NEVER me. 😀 )

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

Exactly. He isn’t an incredibly ideal character, but he is genuine, and I think that’s what sets him apart from each of the other Star Wars characters. His hardships didn’t begin until he was much older, giving him that sort of “spoiled brat” vibe. Until, of course, he discovered he has to save the world. That tends to mature a person. @ethryndal

Kate Flournoy
                    @kate-flournoy
                      • Total Posts: 3976

@That_Writer_Girl_99 Imma side with @Ethryndal, but I see where you’re coming from. My sister Elizabeth agrees. 😉
                      My beans with genuine characters is… if they’re ONLY genuine, they fall kind of flat. They need to be dynamic too, and Luke leaves things to be desired in that area, especially considering he’s the hero.
                      The thing about ‘useless’ Lando Calrissian is that he’s duplicitous— which makes him a less-than-ideal human, yes. But it also makes him a lot more intriguing to watch as a character because he can (and does) take the story in completely unexpected directions.

Hannah
                      @salome01w4g
                        • Total Posts: 991

@ethryndal *Laughing my head off* great little segment.

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Joseph Darkgrate
                        @xonos-darkgrate
                          • Total Posts: 162

Luke Skywalker

Life's a cruel joke, so you have to laugh at it sometimes.

Emma Flournoy
                          @emma-flournoy
                            • Total Posts: 1352

@That_Writer_Girl_99 I see the point. What Kate said about character dynamic-ness and duplicity is right true though.
                            And honestly though, I think a bunch of my dislike for Luke comes from the bad acting. That he’s really poorly acted makes him a whole lot less…good in every way as a character. Which isn’t Luke’s fault, it’s Mark Hamil’s. XD If he’d been played by someone who knew how to really be a character, I’m sure he WOULD’VE been duplicitous, even if he was still whiny (it wouldn’t seem so fake), and thus, I might like him more. *shrug* Because even by Return of the Jedi, when he’s not whiny anymore, I’m still rolling my eyes at the acting. :/ Oh well. I like him better than Leia though. I think. 😀

@Ethryndal
                            You are Grand Moff Tarkin? O.O I can almost see it. XD He’s an ISTJ, too, so not horribly far away.

I wonder who I’d be. *scrunches nose* Probably…huh. I don’t even know.

@xonos-darkgrate
                            IN LUKE’S DEFENSE, he didn’t know what the thing was OR that a laser came out any end. For all he knew, it might be for throwing at people’s heads.

Louise Fowler
                            @perfectfifths
                              • Total Posts: 726

I think everyone makes great points about Luke as a character. And @salome01w4g I also like Han Solo.

Currently reading Les Miserables

Hannah
                              @salome01w4g
                                • Total Posts: 991

@xonos-darkgrate lol I love that one!!

~I don’t know what I’m doing~

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 115

@The Magistrate

Yeah, I didn’t know if this was a different TLJ trailer than I saw.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >