The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 6,541 through 6,555 (of 6,574 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 4721

@freed_and_redeemed wowwww

that was great!! I’m really looking forward to the next book!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

freedom
      @freed_and_redeemed
        • Total Posts: 658

@rae @ellette-giselle @keilah-h

Thanks, y’all🥰 Sooo glad y’all are excited about the next book <3

and Rae, feel free. Riker needs all the hugs he can get😘

@koshka

My dad came up with an amazing symbolism scene idea😉

@elishavet-pidyon
        So glad you like it💖

Thank you for the edit suggestions, greatly appreciated! :3

and ty, I’m so glad y’all love my boys🥰😭

I don’t remember if I’ve asked, but does Leon have a Jewish name?

He has a Jewish middle name. Idk if he would be called by something other than Leon when he was a child though, but I could imagine some people calling him by his middle name Jedediah on occasion if they didn’t want to use his real first name, which is German.

I know his family were Messianic, but I don’t remember their level of observance.

They weren’t very observant, and probably mostly only celebrated Jewish holidays when the rest of Leon’s family (who are Orthodox Jews) celebrated them and wanted Leon’s family to be a part of it.

Oh, and did he have a Bar Mitzvah? I’m assuming his kids won’t, since they’re more Christian than Messianic. But did he? Just thinking about some of the memories he would have.

Y’know, I’ve never really considered it😅😂

I never thought about it, but I would say he probably did have a Bar Mitzvah. :3 And yeah, his kids probably won’t have one.

What is strength?
        Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1555

@freed_and_redeemed

YES. Did your dad come up with it? If so you can tell him I think he broke me. XD

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed
            • Total Posts: 658

@koshka He did come up with the violin idea, yes. I just added more to it :3 Oh goodness😅😂😂

What is strength?
            Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

Ellette Giselle
            @ellette-giselle
              • Total Posts: 1072

@freed_and_redeemed

That is so cool that he would do that for you! Your family must be quite invested in your writing!!!

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3421

@keilah-h

I know! It’s not the story with Everton and Amidala though. This new idea was still in the works and just wasn’t working out the way I wanted it to.

Ok, awesome!! I”m excited to hear what she remembers!

@ellette-giselle

Oh no way! That’s so awesome! Okay, so it’s going to be in modern times, contemporary. I’m wondering how an American going to Italy for the first time would feel when thrust into the culture. (She didn’t have much time to prepare). Although, she is with someone who’s a little bit more familiar with the country. What does the family look like over there? Like, how do they view the family and structure of it? How is one of the touristy cities different from a typical town? What are some important cultural differences between Italy and the United States?

Anddd… I can’t think of anything else specific, so anything you think I should know I’d love to hear!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

I’m so excited for you!! So glad that the whole process is going well!! <33

Ellette Giselle
                  @ellette-giselle
                    • Total Posts: 1072

@esther-c

Okay, so the first thing that’s going to hit her is the different language mixed with the crowdedness. It’s going to almost feel suffocating! She won’t be able to understand anyone, the streets are tight and narrow, the people drive recklessly, the sidewalks are also super small. there are tones of people on bikes.

Family. Okay. If the family has more then one kid, it’s considered big. Two kids, one boy and one girl, is a big family. Anything larger then that, and people start to get suspicious. Example, a military friend of ours had five kids. We had three while we were there. People were always counting our family so mom learned to hold up three fingers really fast. There mom just held up her whole hand. Then there was a time when this Italian man came up to my friend’s mom, counted her five kids, and then looked at her and said, “All from the same man?”

Women with lots of kids are usually sleeping around or might even be prostitutes.

One woman explained it to my mom like this, “We like our jobs, we like our bodies, we like our friends, we like our parties, butr we need to pass our name on, so we have one kid. Or two, if the first was a girl”

That’s kinda their view. Then they also baby their kids and whole lot. There was a five year old little Italian boy who lived on our street, and when he went down the baby slide at the park all the Italian women would cheer.

Every Friday through Saturday there is an open air market, kind or like a farmers market, and that’s when you do all your shopping.

The best way to get around is on a bike, because then you can go places that the cars can’t fit. All the cars are very teeny, tiny. Like this. But I’ve seen five or six teenagers climb out of one. Seat belts don’t seem to be something they care about.

The police are super corrupt. They pull you over for no reason and then write tickets and demand to be payed the ticket price. If you are smart you tell them that you’ll go to court. If you do, then they’ll take back the ticket and say something about it being a mistake.

Back to bikes. Several people can ride on a bike. Babies in a seat that sits on the handle bars. Little kids on the handle bars. A rider on the seat. And then a big kid or second adult just sitting on the rack where a kid’s bike seat should attach.

gelato (a kind of ice cream) is a HUGE thing there. You will have more then one around the town square and they compete with each other like crazy.

Pizza is also a very huge thing. However, if you order pepperoni you will get a pizza with sliced peppers. what you need to order is sliced sausage.

There are lots of catholic churches and castles and mots of the streets within the towns and villages are cobbled.

Oh, at four O clock they all take their afternoon naps. Siestas.

Oh yes, lots of them own teeny dogs that are quite mean and loud. If one starts barking it sets off the entire street and takes hours for them to settle down.

If there are 100 cats or more in a town, village, or neighborhood you can’t get rid of them or kill them because it is now a cat colony.

I’m not sure what else will be helpful, so I’ll send this and then if you have more questions then let me know.

Riker dropped his voice to a soft whisper. “…I’m home.”

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@esther-c Adding to Ellette’s experiences:

• If a city is focused on tourism, it’s not going to be as bad, but the less touristy towns have graffiti everywhere.
                      • A lot of people smoke. I think that’s an all over Europe thing though.
                      • Euros look more like monopoly money than our American dollars.
                      • The emergency sirens are different than the ones in the US.
                      • They don’t do tipping in restaurants much.
                      • The people where we went were pretty friendly, but I’m not sure if that’s the same the whole country over. They were kind of loud and very expressive with their hands when talking.
                      • They eat dinner quite late in the day. When my family and some of our church went,  we often found ourselves getting donner at, like, 8 at night. And then gelato at 10. Delicious, but very late at night.
                      • Breakfast is just pastries and fruit.
                      • Seltzer water and flavored water is a thing. They also apparently don’t believe in ice in your drinks, which my mom was not a fan of lol.
                      • Plastic bottles aren’t very common, they use glass mostly.
                      • Despite the lunatic drivers and weird traffic, the towns (or at least the ones we visited) are set up in such a way that you can walk from place to place.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@anyone-who-cares

unless you want to pretty much about die laughing, don’t look up subtitled videos of cockatoos talking.

lol.

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009
                          • Total Posts: 2535

I am repulsed by my writing 😭😭😭 ahhhh

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
                          @esther-c

@ellette-giselle @keilah-h

Thank you ladies so much!!! This info is super helpful and I’m sure I would have had to dig through too many articles to get it otherwise. 😖😂 I appreciate your help!! 😊

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator
                              • Total Posts: 723

@savannah_grace2009

Why?

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009
                                • Total Posts: 2535

@theducktator

Ugh…I just hate it right now *screams in a rage*

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Total Posts: 3141

@savannah_grace2009

I hear you, Sara. I hate my writing right now too.

How about this? Write me a paragraph describing a rose, in the most creative way you can think of. Maybe it will turn out better than you think. :]

• This reply was modified 2 days, 6 hours ago by whaley. Reason: Fixed Sara’s tag

“Everything is a mountain”

Viewing 15 posts - 6,541 through 6,555 (of 6,574 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >