The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,686 through 5,700 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    freedom
    @freed_and_redeemed
      • Total Posts: 658

@theducktator Understandable😂

@keilah-h
      yessss, all the love *hugs them both* 💖💖

@princesachronicle Hiiiiiii, welcome back!!!

Happy to hear you’re doing well <3

As for me, I’m doing fairly well. Been writing a lot, my first novel is set to probably publish this summer (🥰🥳), and I have recently become a LOTR fan😂 The school year is almost over, thank goodness, and though I don’t like the heat and the bugs, I am actually excited for summer <3

What is strength?
      Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

freedom
      @freed_and_redeemed

@princesachronicle22

got your tag wrong🤦🏻‍♀️

What is strength?

PrincesaChronicle22
        @princesachronicle22
          • Total Posts: 802

@freed_and_redeemed

Hiiii! And it’s okay, it’s a hard one to spell out😂

And That’s awesome to hear!! I’m so excited for you on the book front, you’ll have to tell me how the publishing process goes!!

LOTR is awesome, so that’s understandable 😂. Have any favorite characters?

And I can’t help but agree on the summer excitement, despite oppressive heat and bugs

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
          And guess what? His is eternal (:

freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed

@princesachronicle22 I just forgot the numbers😂

Ty!!! <3 It’s going well!!! It is currently in the (what I hope to be😅) the final formatting stage!!! So we’re soooo close😍

Yessss, my BFF finally convinced me to read it lolllll. Ooh, so farrr, probably Frodo, but I also really love Sam and Pippin. But from things I’ve heard…I think I’ll probably like Aragorn 😆😛 and maybe Legolas. Idk…LOTR just has so many amazing characters 💖

What is strength?

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 4732

@freed_and_redeemed

certainly….

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

PrincesaChronicle22
              @princesachronicle22
                • Total Posts: 802

@freed_and_redeemed

Yes, totally get that😂

If I had to choose they would definitely be my favorites as well😉😆. And those reports are fairly accurate, I think you’ll like Aragorn and Legolas for sure🤩😂😏

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                And guess what? His is eternal (:

HighScribe
                @highscribeofaetherium
                  • Total Posts: 2455

@princesachronicle22

Yeahhh, that’s how it’s been for me mostly with writing this year too, and getting back in can be difficult, but good luck!!

Thanks, you too! (:

Ah, I’ve heard of Krita, but I haven’t used it. I use Procreate, which has been really good so far.

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

RAE
                  @rae
                    • Total Posts: 3560

@theducktator

Ubi=where

Est=you are, right? (The sum stuff messes me up a lot)

Anaticula=a little duck

What is the rest? I can’t recall it, and I can’t find it in my latin-english dictionary.

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

The Ducktator
                    @theducktator
                      • Total Posts: 725

@rae
                      Est is he/she/it is. The sum stuff messed me up too. The full translation as given in the book is “Where is my gummy baby duck?” (Or, “Where is my rubber ducky?”) So cumminosa is gummy.
                      Lol, I sound like a nerd.

Communist jokes aren’t funny unless everyone gets them.

RAE
                      @rae

@theducktator

oh, okay. No wonder my dictionary didn’t have that word, who would think to have a Latin word for Gummy? XD

I have to study Latin for school, and not gonna lie, I’m absolutely terrible at it.

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3428

@freed_and_redeemed @savannah_grace2009 @anyone-else-that-might-be-interested-🙃

Info dump time!!!

Alrighty, so the working title for this project is Worth All the World.

I have two main charries (of course XD I literally cannot write a whole novel without a dual pov, lol.) They live in New Mexico sometime in the 90s. I chose the year 1996, but I might change that. (Just cuz my Dad lived in New Mexico earlier in the 90s, and I might steal the house he lived in as the setting so I don’t have to create my own town. XD I’m not lazy, just creative, right? 😂) They’re part of a family of nine and have lived in New Mexico for probably 4ish years. (Still not sure about that yet) Now for their profiles!!

First…

Easton Woodbury

Appearance: Dirty blonde hair with slight red highlights in the right lighting; gray eyes; constant small smile; 6’ 0’’; light skin; light freckles across the bridge of his nose and under his eyes

Personality: INFJ-A; encouraging, kinda introverted but friendly, thoughtful, sincere, gentle, can be idealistic, normally puts others first above himself, likes to be organized, patient, steady; type 1 (I think… I’ll have to fact check that later)

Character arc: (WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!) He has a desire to be perfect, achieve his goals, and be beyond the criticism of others. A chance to win a scholarship drives him to put a lot of time and energy into winning it. But he ends up distracted when Tyler (his best friend) gets cancer. When Tyler passes, Easton is so focused on his goal of winning the scholarship (to go to college to become a doctor that specializes in treating cancer and finding ways to cure it), that he neglects his relationships with those around him. He learns that simply being present and loving one person can change their life, and to them, that means the world.

Other: He’s quite sensitive to criticism and always treats others’ opinions with respect, but he likes to form his own thoughts about things. His form of manipulation is either silent treatment or physical intimidation. He hates injustice. He has a habit of nodding his head when listening to others. (So you’ll know he’s distracted or not paying attention if he’s not nodding as you’re talking, lol.) His fear is of being under-appreciated or not being able to make a difference/change the world. He feels the need to be perfect and to succeed in his goals. But sometimes he gets too caught up in this and can suffer from burn-out or exhaustion. Often his desire to reach his goals can distance him from his relationships as he puts too much importance on achieving his goals.

And his sister….

Hallie Woodbury

Appearance: Straight or wavy ginger hair; gray eyes; 5’ 4’’; light freckles (more than Easton); light skin; bright smile

Personality: ESFP-T; she is outgoing, enthusiastic, cares for others, is sensitive to how those around her feel, bold, original, good people skills, sensitive, can be unfocused or become easily bored; she loves fashion, nature, and hiking with her family or her dog Canyon

Character arc: (SAME SPOILER WARNING!!!) She’s always trying to fit in and make sure everyone likes her. This causes her to ignore the Lord’s convictions in her heart and she grows more distant from him. But when Tyler dies, it rocks her world and makes her doubt God. She searches for answers as God gently draws her back. From Tyler’s example and through some friends’ help, she learns that God has the greatest plan and that following Him is worth all the world.

Side note: I’m struggling with her arc a little bit. I’m still trying to figure out the external means by which she learns to be bold and stand up for her faith. So far, I’ve had a teacher who was bold about her faith laid off, which challenge Hallie a little bit, but I need something else that really brings her to her low point where she’s really distanced herself from God, then come back to him. I know Tyler’s example of how he lived will help her, but I still need something else. I’m thinking I need to include some situation where she chooses her own way instead of following the Lord’s leading and finds herself in a really difficult place. I’m not sure though. Any ideas are welcome!

Other: She’s pretty sensitive to the opinions of others and tends to be self-conscious, whether of her appearance or of the way she’s acting. I haven’t figured out her form of manipulation yet. She hates too much criticism from others about herself, since she can be pretty sensitive. Her fear is of failure or of not being accepted by those she craves the acceptance of. She so often conforms to please others that she doesn’t take the time to really focus on what God wants her to do. She practically becomes oblivious to the fact that she’s distant from God, or completely ignores it, because she wants to fit in with others. But when tragedy strikes, she doesn’t know where to turn. What really drives her and her decisions is the opinions of others. I’ve also noticed that she seems kind of resistant to change, more specifically when it rocks whatever she thinks is perfect in her life. (Like friendships, family, etc.)

If you read through that all, have a cookie. 🫴🍪

😂

And here’s my brain dump if you’re interested. 😁

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

The Ducktator
                          @theducktator

@esther-c

*takes cookie*

👀 Family of nine? I’m excited already! There are not enough books about large families. Your characters sound like people I’d like to meet. Lucky Hallie and her good people skills. XD

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator

@rae

Do you do Classical Conversations? They have very helpful songs for endings. I do Latin too. I’m decently good at it but I hate it.

RAE
                              @rae

@theducktator

Yes, actually, I’m in Challenge I going into II.

Sure the songs are helpful for some, but I personally find them not too helpful.

Latin is just not my subject. Expo though…

The Ducktator
                                @theducktator

@rae

I’m in Challenge I going into II as well! And expo is definitely the best subject. I’m terrible at science though.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,686 through 5,700 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >