The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,461 through 5,475 (of 5,618 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3205

@freed_and_redeemed

Glad I could offer some helpful input!

Ooh, can’t wait to read this next chapter later today!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2605

…Wyoh? *check check*

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2605

YEEESSS, I ESCAPED

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

-GRCR-
          @grcr
            • Total Posts: 947

@anyone-interested

I’ve come to the conclusion that Hero by Mariah Carey is pretty much my whole book summed up in one song lol.

“What be a cretin?”
            “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 3875

@grcr lol that’s funny

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

freedom
              @freed_and_redeemed
                • Total Posts: 333

@grcr @whalekeeper @keilah-h @esther-c @lightoverdarkness6 @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @loopylin @smiley @rae @savannah_grace2009 @highscribeofaetherium @gracie-j @godlyfantasy12 @anyone-else-lol

who wants to read more Leon and Riker???

perhaps no one, but I want to share anyhow😂

anywhoooo, here we gooooooooooo

Klaus…Louisa…everyone said it was dangerous to be out at night. But Leon had been too stubborn to listen.

Leon ducked into a crevice between two brick buildings, placing his body behind a small pallet of wood. Each breath came in heavy gasps. He forced himself to breath evenly.

He couldn’t afford it if they found him.

“Come out, come out wherever you are, Wagner,” Heinz’s telltale, heavy footsteps echoed in Leon’s ears, “I won’t hurt you…not too much, anyway.”

Leon sucked in a breath, making his chest flatten. He sank onto the ground and brought his legs close to his chest, making himself as small as he could.

They would never see him. Right? He was hidden well enough. Or was he?

Leon closed his eyes and clenched his fists, forcing his body to still.

“I’m not alone, Wagner…far from it, so you better come out before things have to get uglier.” Heinz snarled. “I’ll count. If you aren’t out in the open by the time I get to ten, I’ll send men in to come and find you, and it won’t be pretty. Eins.”

“Zwei!”

The number, accompanied with a scream of pure, unrelenting agony blasted from Leon’s lips. Another lash of the harsh whip fell without a moment of recovery.

He screamed, unable to do anything else, the lash having fell on raw, bleeding skin.

The guard clicked his tongue. “Nein, nein…the next number is drei, you stupid Jude. We will start over.”

Rough fingers gripped Leon’s forearms; his feet left the ground. Leon’s world bounced back into focus, he cried out and fought against the men that held him bound. The men chuckled and merely carried him out of the alley.

Heinz smiled; he motioned for the men to set Leon a mere few inches in front of him on the street. The two men set Leon down but still held onto his wrists.

Heinz stepped forward; a cruel smile twisted his lips. “I have you now, Leon Wagner, and you won’t win this time. You may have survived one of those camps, but you won’t escape me,” he brandished a knife, “and I’m going to make sure this is enjoyable…nice and slow.”

“I didn’t want to kill you, Heinz, I swear. I would never—”

“Save your breath, Jew. Don’t scream too much…or I’ll kill you quickly, and your family too, if I find them.”

A red-hot fury coursed through Leon’s veins. He kicked out at one of the men holding him; he received a harsh slap in reply. Leon glared at Heinz. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Oh, I would dare, Leon,” Heinz pressed the tip of the silver, bright knife against Leon’s neck, “and shall we get started now?”

Leon bristled; his leg pushed out, meeting Heinz’s shin. Heinz cursed, stepped back, crouched down, glowered, and stood again. The knife pressed against Leon’s left side. “I told you already, Leon, you won’t get away from me.” The knife sliced against Leon’s side, cutting through his coat and undershirt.

Leon winced at the feel of sliced skin; a steady trickle of blood began.

Heinz pressed the knife to Leon’s right cheek. “And there’s more where that came from…if I were you, I’d try to fall asleep so I wouldn’t have to see what’s about to happen to you.”

His kids…his kids needed him. They’d already lost so much. He couldn’t—he couldn’t leave them. “Wait. Please, please, I’ll do anything—”

“There we go, Jew…beg…scream…cry…I’d like to see you on your knees in the dirt where you belong, begging for your worthless life. Go on, Jew, beg. Bow. I’d like to see you grovel at my feet.”

“Please. I beg you, spare my life—”

“Oh, I won’t spare your life for anything,” Heinz pulled the knife from Leon’s cheek, “your life is worth nothing to me or to Germany. You’ll just be in the grave like all Jews should be…but I do enjoy hearing you beg for your life.”

There was nothing he could do. He could fight, but there were so many more of them then there was of him, and how was he supposed to fight them when he was being held still?

He could try to stop them; he could try to get free.

But did he even stand a chance?

The men loomed closer, several readying their fists; Heinz brandished the knife once more.

And Leon had to accept a truth he once accepted inside the camp. No one was going to save him.

~*~

Riker’s boots slid on the streets. He pushed his arms and pumped his legs.

Faster. Faster. Faster!

If only he could get his legs to move faster; if only his boots didn’t slide on the streets so much. Riker leapt over a pile of discarded trash.

There.

There was Heinz and Heinz’s group of friends—minions, more like. Leon was held by two of the strongest ones beside Heinz. If he could just get close enough to—Heinz’s gaze strayed; his gaze darkened into a glare.

There was no being subtle.

Riker pushed himself forward; he knocked one man aside and reached for one of the men that held Leon. His arms were yanked from behind; Riker cried out in pain, pulled backwards.

Heinz chuckled, placing his face a few mere inches from Riker’s own. “Oh, your father will like to hear about how friendly you are with a filthy Jude.”

Riker faced his father’s friend with a half-grin. “And I’m sure your wife would love to hear about you trying to kill a man that you hate with all of your being.”

Heinz’s hand came, as he knew it would, knocking Riker’s head back. Blood sprouted from his nose. Heinz stepped close. “I’m not afraid to use this knife on you, either, boy, but I’m not going to kill you. I’d rather see what your father is going to do to you. So, leave me to this, Riker, and stay out of it.”

He pushed out his foot, kicking Heinz a bit below the belly button, where he knew it hurt most.

Heinz gasped, moaned, and doubled over in pain.

Riker jabbed his elbow into the ribcage of the man holding onto him, releasing the man’s grip. He kicked him in the stomach, making him groan and collapse onto the street.

He barreled towards one of the men holding Leon; he gripped the man’s wrist; he twisted his arm and pushed him against a brick wall. The man groaned, clutched his head, and sank down the length of the building.

One more. Only one more. Riker couldn’t lose—he couldn’t back down. Not when Leon’s life was at stake.

Riker’s eyes met Leon’s.

“Are you stupid?”

Riker offered Leon a smile and a slight shrug. “Maybe.” Riker pushed forward. He ducked low. He wrapped his arms around the final man’s waist.

He couldn’t fail. He wouldn’t fail.

He shoved with all of the strength he possessed, knocking the man onto the street. The man’s eyes closed and his head lolled back.

Pounding footsteps echoed in Riker’s ears; he turned on his heel. Knife in hand again, Heinz wrapped one arm around Leon’s upper body and arms; he pressed the knife against Leon’s neck and smiled. “Back off now, and no one else has to get hurt, Riker. Keep fighting, and both you and Leon here will die. Understood?”

Riker forced his legs to stop. Think. Think. Think! He had to do something! “Heinz, I don’t want to have to hurt you more.”

“You won’t win, Riker.”

“We should see,” Riker allowed a smirk to cross his face; he folded his arms over his chest, “one on one…just you and me.”

Heinz stared at him for a long moment. He chuckled. “I know that’s a trick. Now,” he brought the knife ever closer to Leon’s neck and pressed his head to Leon’s bruising and bleeding one, “what will it be, Riker? Both of your lives, or only Leon’s?”

It had to be quick; he couldn’t hesitate, not even for a minute…not even for a second.

Riker rushed forward; his boots slid on the streets; he propelled himself forward and pushed himself as hard as he could and as much as he dared.

Leon cried out; Heinz’s body hit the street. Heinz moaned in pain; Riker swiped up the knife, tossing it aside. Heinz wouldn’t stay down forever, and neither would his friends.

“He-he tried to…my…my kids need me.”

“Shh, I know, I know,” Riker laid a hand on Leon’s shoulder, “but can you walk?”

Leon ran his tongue over his lips. “I-I…yes, I think I can-can walk.”

“Can I help you?”

Slowly, Leon nodded.

Riker took Leon’s right arm and draped it around his neck and over his left shoulder; he wrapped his other arm around Leon’s torso. “Hurry. Come on, walk with me.”

Leon stepped forward, his body leaning against Riker’s.

Holding onto Leon, Riker stumbled through the streets. He cast a furtive glance over his shoulder every minute to ensure that neither Heinz nor any of Heinz’s friends followed.

If they got their hands on Leon, he wasn’t so sure that Leon would escape again. He, himself, wouldn’t escape either. At best he’d be taken to his father.

There was no escape for either of them.

“Hold on, Leon, we’re almost there…almost there.”

Leon mumbled something undiscernible beneath his breath, still leaning entirely on Riker, his blood staining Riker’s clothes.

Riker pounded on a door; Leon slowly followed suit, seemingly recognizing the small home. Riker risked a single glance over his shoulder, The door flung open; Riker turned and released a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. Isaiah’s brown eyes filled with alarm. “Riker, Leon—Leon, why are you bleeding?”

'Thought I'd wait'
                'For what?'
                'For the right partner'

-GRCR-
                @grcr
                  • Total Posts: 947

@freed_and_redeemed

. . .

. . .

😭 I love that scene!! ❤️❤️

Riker comes and helps him?! 😭🥺

“What be a cretin?”
                  “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Elishavet Pidyon
                  @elishavet-pidyon
                    • Total Posts: 1013

@freed_and_redeemed

Concerned is an understatement.

I enjoyed this scene so much! I love that Riker helps him, if course, and that Leon accepts that help. I also really liked how specific yet clean the trigger and flashback were – it made sense, and conveyed the horror of the memory without giving me trauma.

There were two places where I would use a different word choice, specifically by using “entertaining” instead of “enjoyable” as the latter does not sound natural to my ears. But that’s just a stylistic choice that isn’t necessary.

Overall, awesome! I’m very curious about what induced him to be out so late…. But more interested in learning if this is bringing the two characters closer to a place of reconciliation. *Sniff*

Also, I’ve noticed your writing has become less generally dramatic and more natural in approach. I love this, as I feel like it’s helping me connect with these characters even better than before. *Stormy applause*

But really, if it weren’t for the fact I KNEW this story ends well…. O.O I’m very concerned for them.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Light
                    @lightoverdarkness6
                      • Total Posts: 1626

@freed_and_redeemed

Oh. My. Goodness. 😭❤️🥺 I love this so much! That first part was extremely suspenseful to read…

Is Leon okay?! And Riker?

*hugs both of them*

#HugRikerSquad

Light
                      @lightoverdarkness6
                        • Total Posts: 1626

@mineralizedwritings

Don’t apologize! There’s nothing wrong with not being active at all. I haven’t been active much either, school and drawing are just a little more important lol. But I do like to come on and chat sometimes XD

Thanks girl ☺ Haha yes! Same here 🙂

That’s so awesome! I’m so happy for you girl! : )

Tysm <33

Thanks for asking! <3

I’m really up and down lol, life’s a roller coaster. I guess I need prayer for learning to trust God more, my whole life kinda tests that bc my mom is the only really trustworthy person living with me.

We’re in the middle of a move to the neighboring state it’s pretty close, but we finally have a house! And… I’m older and won’t really be living there lol…

I always wanted us to live in a house and it happened just as I’m aging out of it lol 😅

Sooo I’ll be staying at our current place while I finish highschool.

Oh girl, I am so sorry, I know that must be so so hard. I want you to know that I’m praying for you girl. ❤ Something that comforts me when I’m struggling is remembering that these trials are going to end one day. This fallen world that we are in is not our eternity, and our Heavenly Father wouldn’t send us here to this world to suffer needlessly. One day, everything that was wrong will be righted, everything broken will be healed. I know that for a surety. I wish I could just jump through this screen and give you a huge hug!! If you’re ever feeling lonely, I’m here for you. And God is always there for you girl, even when it doesn’t feel like it. He doesn’t care about how you come to Him, he just wants to hear from you. I will be praying for you as well. I love ya girl <33

On a happier note, I’m drawing a lot and trying to figure out where I want to take it…. it’s a little overwhelming. I think I’m going to work on comic short stories so I can build up my skills before I tackle Tauren and Lesli’s books 😁 I’m working on a 4 page short rn, idk what I’ll do with it once it’s done.

Ahh that’s awesome!!! Oh my word, that’s so exciting :DD Keep me updated on how it goes!!

Oh man idk, school is starting again today and I won’t have a lot of time, but it is a smaller group now so I might be able to do it. If I remeber correctly, I was the last one to rp, so if you do another rp and get the plot moving (Seriously do whatever you want, I don’t care if a monster comes in or a fluffy giant cat) I’ll probably have time to do another one! You can tag godlyfantasy to if you want, her Luna is with them.

I completely understand! No rush on RPing, just whenever you have a chance 🙂 Hahaha I may have to take you up on that giant fluffy cat sometime XD I’ll try to RP this afternoon 🙂 *fingers crossed lol*

Have you been writing at all?

Umm…haha no😭 Trying to find time to write is so harddd lol. I have been writing like random dialogue pieces but that’s abt it heh…hopefully this month I can write more. I’ll let you know when I do!

How about you? 🙂

#HugRikerSquad

The Ducktator
                        @theducktator
                          • Total Posts: 213

Is anyone else doing anything for the eclipse today?

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

HighScribe
                          @highscribeofaetherium
                            • Total Posts: 2215

@theducktator

No 🙁 it’s supposed to be pretty good where we are, but we couldn’t get any glasses. I guess I’ll have to wait another twenty years.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

The Ducktator
                            @theducktator
                              • Total Posts: 213

@highscribeofaetherium

Oof. ☹️ We will be in the path of totality, so it will be completely dark here.

Coconuts are mammals because they have fur and produce milk.

HighScribe
                              @highscribeofaetherium

@theducktator

Neat!

HighScribe
                                @highscribeofaetherium

I’m concerned about the urges I’m getting to look up and check how the eclipse is coming along.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,461 through 5,475 (of 5,618 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >