The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,371 through 5,385 (of 5,657 total)
  • Author
    -GRCR-
    @grcr
      • Total Posts: 949

@freed_and_redeemed

awww!! so cute!! 😍😭🥹 I love it! ❤️

...i see the world in my head every time i close my eyes...

freedom
      @freed_and_redeemed
        • Total Posts: 337

@grcr Thank you!!!💖💖 The kids are all so adorable🥰

@koshka

TYSM!! I wouldn’t have been able to do it without y’all’s help XD Yessss, Isabel is the cutest little thing!!! 😍🥰

Ok, sooooo Lina was a side character that just came into my head one day (as characters do😂) when I was writing Chapter 3, I believe, of Broken Shackles.

She’s a little girl who has been paralyzed from the waist down, a young German girl (probably 5 or 6) who is being cared for in post-war Germany by the American Red Cross. Her mother died in the American bombing that left her paralyzed and her father died fighting for Germany on the Eastern Front. Riker met her when he came to the hospital she’s being treated at (likely to see if he could help anyone there; he’s currently helping people to try to make up for what he’s done and “earn” atonement, even if he doesn’t quite know that’s what he’s doing). The second he saw her, he and Lina connected…and within a few weeks (she first appears after Riker has already been visiting her for a couple weeks) she and Riker develop a bond almost like a father/daughter bond.

Riker has helped Lina see that she is more than just a cripple (Lina originally thinks her mother died bc she didn’t like cripples and thus Lina becoming a cripple is “why she die” (Lina’s own words)) and Lina has become the light in Riker’s life as he struggles with regret, guilt, shame, and the pressure/pain of living with his father again now that the war is over, and since his wife and kids are in the USA, she reminds him of WHY he’s fighting to survive…for his family.

Lina wants Riker to be her Daddy…and I’m still trying to decide if Riker/Iris end up adopting her

OR

if she gets adopted by Angelina (Riker’s sister) and Jakob.

Either way, I think Lina is a character that is going to stay…I love her too much to not have her in later books😂💕

Franz is…Franz is…idk how to describe Franz🫠

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

freedom
        @freed_and_redeemed

I’m glad you like Lina tho…she’s such an adorable little one🥰

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3213

@acancello

I wish I could be that excited about driving…😂 And thank you! It is a huge step forward!

Well, just to clarify, the excited part was about you almost being ready to be published. 😉 I mean, driving’s exciting too, but I’ve never heard anyone that excited. XD

Wow! Thats great! Are you working on another part of your trilogy on the side or a completely different novel?

Yeah! I think I’ve finally found a plot line I’m satisfied with. XD This first book has given me lots of trouble, lol.

A completely different novel! I think it’s going to be a slice-of-life story that takes place in 1990-something New Mexico. I’m really excited! I’ve been working on characters and writing a few scenes here and there. I may write it for NaNoWriMo this year, but I’m not sure. I have a feeling it’s going to be over 50k anyway.

Hey! I have a question for anyone. The social media platform I use currently changed their policies and now I cant post. Do you guys have any other suggestions for a new platform. Is Instagram any good? Thanks!

So, I don’t have social media, but I have friends who do, and I think a lot of them have Insta. I couldn’t tell you if it’s any good or not though. XD I have a lot of friends who use BeReal too, except I don’t think that would be good for the kind of posting you might be looking for. Idk, maybe just look into a few and see what you like.

@freed_and_redeemed

Oh my goodness that’s so adorable!! 🥰

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c TYSM!!! 💕💕 The kid characters are all adorable, and Lina has become an amazing addition to this novel🥰 (i talked more about her above when I was talking to Koshka if you wanted to know more about her <3)

Esther
              @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Yes I read that! I love her so much!! <33

I have a character in a different WIP who’s paralyzed from the waist down. She can stand, but she can’t walk. (I don’t know if that’s possible or not. I’ve only been playing around with it, I haven’t done real research yet. XD) She’s 17, so older than Lina, but she plays a huge role in one of my MC’s character arcs. <3 Ahh! Their relationship is just so cute. 🥰

*ahem* Anywayyy… as you can tell, I’m excited about the aforementioned WIP. 😂

freedom
                @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c Awww, ty!! Yesss, I love her so much <3 She just popped into the story and refused to leave😂

I love thattttt so muchhhhh 💕😍💖🥰💕

EEE, I’m sure!!! I’m glad you’re excited!!!

Yeah, Lina is kinda learning how to walk somewhat, but she’ll always have to wear leg braces and it won’t be easy….especially in the 1940s-1950s 😭💕💕

Esther
                  @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

I love characters like that 🥰

thanks so much!! I have a little scene with them if you wanna see it… Though it focuses more on the MC than her.

Aww, yesss 🥺💕

freedom
                    @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c Haha, me too <3

You’re so welcome!!! Uhm, yes, I want it so bad!!! 😍

Yesssss. She would be adorable as a part of Riker’s family tho 🥰 Then Riker/Iris will have 6 kids! XD I mean, why not?? 🤣

Esther
                      @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Yesssss. She would be adorable as a part of Riker’s family tho 🥰 Then Riker/Iris will have 6 kids! XD I mean, why not?? 🤣

Um yes that sounds awesome!! That’s how big I want my family to be when I’m married. 🥰 Whenever I say it, some people give me looks, but I’m like “I know it would be crazy and that’s a lot of kids, but I would love it so much!” XD But I’ll be content with whatever children the Lord blesses me with. <33

You’re so welcome!!! Uhm, yes, I want it so bad!!! 😍

Ok yay! Here you go!

“One more thing.” Easton grinned and crouched down in front of her wheelchair. “Do you trust me?”

Her eyes smiled and she nodded. He held out his hand to give her support as she stood. He turned his back towards her and gently scooped his hands behind her knees, hoisting her onto his back. She let out a laugh—a girlish, care-free giggle—wrapping her arms around his neck.

He couldn’t contain his own laughter as they took a jaunt down the empty desert road. Easton could feel the joy radiating from Autumn and it filled his own heart with light.

“You’re so sweet!” A smile danced in her tone.

He picked up speed and hurried down the road, earning squeals and pleas to slow down from Autumn. He finally did and slowed to a gentle walk. She let out a contented sigh, resting her head on his shoulder. Easton held her tighter, her steady heart beat in time with his steps.

He never wanted to let her go…

But the sun was already halfway past the desert horizon and they needed to be getting home. He carefully set her down and helped her back into her wheelchair.

“I guess we’ll have to call it a night,” he said softly as he pushed her towards the car.

She tilted her head back and gave his hand a squeeze. Her face glowed.  “But it was a wonderful night. Thank you, Easton.”

He smiled gently, his heart swelling with joy.

LoopyLin
                        @loopylin
                          • Total Posts: 2051

@freed_and_redeemed That chapter was so sweet ❤️ I love the parallels

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@loopylin Ty!!! 💕💕

@esther-c
                            AHHHH I LOVE THAT SCENE SO MUCH!!!!🥹😍😍💕💕💖💖

Allison
                            @acancello
                              • Total Posts: 838

@trailblazer @esther-c

Ok, thanks! I may check out Instagram, but I have to see 🙂

@freed_and_redeemed

🥹 Thats so sweet💖 I dont know how you make all your scenes so realistic, like, I can just see it happening.🥰

@esther-c

Well, just to clarify, the excited part was about you almost being ready to be published. 😉 I mean, driving’s exciting too, but I’ve never heard anyone that excited. XD

Ah, understood. XD

A completely different novel! I think it’s going to be a slice-of-life story that takes place in 1990-something New Mexico. I’m really excited! I’ve been working on characters and writing a few scenes here and there. I may write it for NaNoWriMo this year, but I’m not sure. I have a feeling it’s going to be over 50k anyway.

Oooh that sounds exciting!

Stephie
                              @stephie
                                • Total Posts: 57

@esther-c

I LOVE that scene!

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed

@acancello Aww, thx girl🥰🥰 That means a lot to me <3

Viewing 15 posts - 5,371 through 5,385 (of 5,657 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >