The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,236 through 5,250 (of 5,673 total)
  • Author
    -GRCR-
    @grcr
      • Total Posts: 958

@freed_and_redeemed

One or two. Hour. Later. lol

I’m sorry you’re feeling that way, girl. The writing process is HARD, girl, trust me, I know. I’m sorry tho 💖🫂 *virtual hugs* OOH, exciting!! What are you thinking, what is the first drawing on it gonna be? *settles back with tea and waits for response*

*virtual hugs back* It really is… *sigh*

Heeheehee *rubs hands together excitedly* Ok, I’m thinking I’ll draw all of my novel’s MCs… or I may start the comic version of my story (which I’ve tried on paper already but… heh 😅😑). If I can get Clip Studio Paint soon (or at all), I actually want to start animating my novel asap lol… as well as animating a few other things…😏

Feel free to come back and say more later! I’m always willing to listen 🥰

Alrighty!! ☺️💛💛

Life’s going good! Tysm for asking! <3

I’ve been really trying to get closer to God and just relying on him and learning how to walk in his love and forgiveness for me that I’m finally beginning to understand/fully believe in💕I’m beginning to see his beauty in everything around me, something he showed me when I went outside the other day to walk the dog and saw the sunset before me, dandelions in the grass around me, and birds above me…just reminded me that he’s nearer than I think he is🥰

(Yw!) 😊 Oh, that’s quite good. I really do love how we can see God in everything.

Otherwise, life is good! I texted back and forth with a friend for a while earlier, which was fun, and life is just going better than I could imagine rn <3

That’s great!! How pleasant!!

school is going well and writing is too, which I’m happy about! Sign Language is still my fav class, haha😂 OH, and I’m beginning to really study the driver’s manual 💀XD

That’s good!! Oh! Sign language, cool!! 😃 And ooo! That’s awesome XD XD How far along are you in the manual?

and girl, let me be the one to tell you that I’ve been where you are rn.

Let me reassure you in saying that the motions don’t last forever. God’s got something for you that you just don’t see yet. Every season ends, and this one will too, leading to the beauty of something new💕💕

Aw, well I appreciate the encouragement a whole ton!! 😊💛

Alrighty, gotta run now…

🤍 Ira | Jara | Evelyn | Flaz | Blaine 🤍

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2803

@loopylin

Thank you <3

@freed_and_redeemed
        @whalekeeper @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone else

I wanted to share a snippet! I’d say this is from book 4. Also y book has been changing so much recently and I realized yall don’t even know abt this plotline yet, so I guess it isn;t exactly spoilers.

I’m pretty proud of how this turned out, even though it isn’t thoroughly edited.

Trigger warning: Brief mention that character might be a danger to themselves, but super vague reference

Kaine pulls his coat tighter around his shoulders, shielding himself from the afternoon rain. His bangs fall into his eyes, matting against his forehead. He shuffles on the footsteps of the local orphanage, brushing the water from his coat before knocking on the door. Voices sound inside, and footsteps lead to the door.

“Hello?”

Kaine stares past Maria, into the rest of the house. “Hi, I’m looking for Rosie?”

“Oh…” Maria glances back behind her, then back to Kaine’s solemn expression. She raises an eyebrow. “I’ll go get her. One sec.”

“Thank you.”

Moments later, Rosie peaks her head out the door. “Kaine?” She says quietly, nervously ringing her skirt in one hand. She steps out onto the porch, rubbing her arms to stay warm.

Kaine pauses, shutting the door behind her. She looks up at him quizzically.

“What?” She says under her breath, eyes roving over Kaine’s unkempt but serious looks.

“I’m going away for some time… to find my parents.” Kaine nods, pleased with his announcement.

“Your parents? I thought they were…”

“I have reason to believe maybe it wasn’t the case… and I want to see for myself.”

“Oh but… Kaine, they are releasors, right?”

“Yes.”

“What makes you think they’d treat you well?”

“I’m not sure.” Kaine scratches the back of his head. “I-I… I need to see for myself.”

“I’ve never seen my dad before.”

“Oh.” Rosie nods. “You have… high hopes for what kind of man he might be?”

Kaine pauses, biting the inside of his cheek. “I do.”

Rosie nods, still bunching her skirt in her hand. “I think…”

Kaine nods, encouraging her to go on.

“I think you shouldn’t go.”

Kaine’s eyes soften, and he nods. “…I’ll never know until I meet him myself.”

“If he was so great, I think he would have chosen to no longer be a releasor, like uncle Jonathan.”

“Maybe… he just needs some help getting there.”

Rosie shrugs. “How long?”

“I’m not sure.”

Rosie nods anxiously, still playing with her skirt. “Can I tell you something?”

“Sure.” Kaine nods.

“I think… I think this is going to end terribly. And—and you’ll feel bad about it.” She looks up nervously, her eyes darting away from Kaine’s intent gaze. “I’ve seen you when you get low before. You become… different.”

“Different?” Kaine leans back slightly. “How so?”

“I dunno. Just… not the Kaine I know?”

“I’ll come back just the same as I am now, ok?” Kaine turns to the side to hide his cheeky grin. “You guys know me. I’ll be fine.”

“Nobody knows you but your cat, Kaine.” Rosie reels back at the loudness of her voice. Rain drips down her head, elongating her curls.

Kaine turns back towards her, eyes wide.

“Your sister doesn’t know you, your brother-in-law doesn’t know you, and neither do I.” Rosie shivers. “I just know there’s something not right.”

Kaine looks down at the ground, shuffling his feet through the growing puddle. “I—” He pauses, finding himself at a loss for words.

“I know—” Rosie rubs her arms against the cold again. “I’m sorry—if it hurts your feelings—”

Kaine pauses, pulling his coat tighter around his neck. “It’s ok. Just expect to see me again after a while. That’s all.”

Rosie nods, but her expression remains firm. Kaine starts to turn away, hiking up his backpack.

“Promise me one thing?” She reaches out, gently tugging on his coat sleeve.

Kaine turns back, a faint smile on his face. “Hm?”

“When things get rough…” Rosie breaths heavily. “Don’t give up—don’t—”

“Don’t hurt yourself.”

“Rosie—I’m not—” Kaine flinches away from her touch, folding his arms. “I’m not like that.”

“And how should I know? I don’t know you.” Rosie’s voice cracks short of a yell.

Kaine breaths, looking into her eyes, slightly obscured by her wet curls. He sighs. “I’m sorry you’re so concerned about me.”

Kaine reaches down, bringing her hand up to his face.

He gently kisses her hand, lowering it back down to her side. “There’s your promise.”

“Thanks.” She says, reverting to her normal quiet voice.

Kaine turns away to leave, smiling back at her. “Bye.”

“Bye.” Rosie blinks, a tear falling down her face, blending with rainwater.

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2637

@mineralizedwritings

Kaine! Share yourself with others before you get pulled into drama so they can save you with love if you need it!! DUde!!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

freedom
          @freed_and_redeemed
            • Total Posts: 341

@mineralizedwritings @smiley @rae @savannah_grace2009 @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone-else-idk

I wrote this scene a bit back for my WW1 WIP and thought I’d share it here! I’m thinking I may add more later, but idk yet…it could just end this way…maybe break some hearts😏XD jkjk

anywho!!!

SCENE TIME!!!

TW: MENTIONS OF PAST ABUSE. ANGER AT GOD. SMALL MENTIONS OF BLOOD (SMALL INJURY; TREATED ALREADY).

Voices. Footsteps. Creaking doors and cries of pain.

Hans’ tired eyes slowly fluttered open.

Sheets…blankets. He was-he was alive? He was alive! He wasn’t dead! If he still believed in providence, he’d think it was a miracle.

“You’re awake. Dr. Herschel wasn’t sure if you would make it.”

Hans turned his head; a sharp pain stabbed the lower left side of his torso. He winced.

“Careful. You’re still recovering.”

Gentle, feminine hands rested on his torso, gently helping him sit up. The nurse adjusted the pillows behind him; her blue eyes met his coal.

Her eyes…so full of life. Her rounded cheeks gave her a youthful look, and full eyelashes added to her simple beauty. Her smile warmed him from the inside out. But those eyes…he couldn’t even think about pulling his gaze away. She wore no cosmetics, yet she was more beautiful than any woman he’d ever seen, rendering him speechless.

“Sir. May I unbutton your shirt so I can check your wounds?”

Hans nodded. “Y-yes, ma’am.”

“Please, just call me Eleanor. I’m not picky. You grow up with eleven younger siblings, and you don’t care what anyone calls you anymore so long as they listen to what you have to say.” She replied with a playful smile; she carefully unbuttoned each individual button, her fingers careful to avoid his aching side.

She folded his shirt and set it aside on a nearby table. “Now, I need you to hold still. This will hurt. You had several shards of shrapnel in your side that Herr Herschel was thankfully able to remove, but you are still recovering, so please hold still, sir.”

“Yes ma’am-Eleanor.”

A smile seemed to spread from one small ear to the other on her face. She carefully unwound the bandages wrapped around his lower torso.

Hans bit down on his tongue and held back any sound of pain. Showing pain led to more pain. Showing weakness led to more beatings.

He understood that better than anyone else he knew.

“There. I applied fresh bandages and cleaned the wound. You should be set for a while. Would you like me to help you with your shirt?”

“I can do it. But thank you.”

Eleanor smiled; she laid a hand overtop of his. “Of course. You know, some would say it’s a miracle you survived that explosion…the Lord had his hand on you, Herr Baumann.”

Hans bristled. God’s hand upon him? If God’s hand was on him, he was beating him. If God’s hand had ever been upon him, it was always slapping him around. Hans shoved back the thoughts and dropped his warmest, most charming smile he could muster. “Call me Hans, please.”

“Alright, Hans,” Eleanor gently tucked a loose strand of blonde hair behind his left ear, “but if you ever need me, just ask for Eleanor, and I’ll be here for you as soon as I can.”

Her other hand rested on his arm. Hans gripped her hand in his own; his fingers interlaced with hers, offering warmth to them both.

“Hans! You’re alive!”

An older man turned on his heel. “What the-?”

“I tried to stop him, Dr. Herschel. I can get him out still, if you need, sir.”

“That-That’s Felix…that’s my brother.” Hans said softly, but loud enough to be heard.

Dr. Herschel gave a slow nod. “Fine, you may visit your brother. But Herr Baumann, stay out of the medical area next time, and wait for permission. This will be brought up with your commanding officer if you ever do this again.”

“Yessir.” Felix replied crisply.

Eleanor dropped Hans a quick smile and disappeared into a crowd of nurses.

“I didn’t know you would come.”

Felix’s gaze strayed away; he chewed his bottom lip.

Hans slipped his shirt on and quickly did the buttons, refusing to meet his older brother’s eyes. He’d let Felix squirm. It felt good.

“I’m sorry. If you believe anything I say, at least believe that I’m sorry. I wasn’t kind to you and treated you no better than Father does, and I really am sorry, Hans, for everything. I said things I didn’t mean and didn’t have the decency to realize that you’re still grieving a lot right now.”

“You were a jerk.”

“I know,” Felix settled on the edge of the bed; his gaze fell to his boots, “and I’m okay with you being mad at me…I’d be mad at me too. I’ll understand if you never-“

Hans waved a hand in dismissal. It was enough squirming. “I already forgave you…it’s not like it was your fault I got shrapnel stuck in my side. You do deserve a slap though.”

“Don’t worry. Franz already gave me one for you.”

Hans laughed even though it hurt. “I should have known he would.”

Felix smiled; his gaze strayed away once more before quickly turning on Hans again. “Hans?”

“Yeah?”

“…You know I care about you, right? We’re brothers, and if anything ever happened to you, I couldn’t bear-“

“Ja. I know you care about me, Felix.”

But care was different. Was it so wrong for his heart to ache for the words “I love you”? Or was that the normal ache of every heart that hadn’t felt love before?

Felix smiled; his calloused hand rested on Hans’ right cheek. “…Good. I just wanted to make sure you knew.”

“Ja, I know.”

Felix smiled faintly and patted Hans’ knee with the hand that had rested on his cheek only moments before. “I should probably go before Schmidt figures out I’ve been gone this long. I’ll come and check on you again if I can, and I’ll, uh, be keeping you in my prayers and-“

“Save your breath.”

“You know, everyone says it’s a miracle you survived-“

“Hah, that’s funny. Yeah, I’ve heard that already, Felix. I just got lucky, alright? There are no such things as miracles, and there’s no such thing as answered prayers, so save your-“

“Have you forgotten everything we’ve been taught-?”

“Everything we’ve been taught? What have we been taught other than you’re supposed to go to church on Sunday and act like saints but act like devils and beat your kids every other day of the week? They say they’re Christians, and they treat us as if we are nothing, Felix. You and I both know they’re supposed to “represent Christ” or whatever…and if they act like that, then God can’t be any better.”

“Hans-“

“Don’t tell me you still believe, Felix. You just pretend to so you can make people happy. Everyone’s already told me that it’s a miracle I survived…everyone’s  already told me that God’s hand is on me, but do you want to know what I think?     God’s hand has never been upon me except to slap me around. Fineas believed in him, and do you see where that got him? It left his wife and kids without him. If this God is who everyone says he is, then why didn’t he save Fineas, Felix? Why didn’t he stop Heinrich and Matilda from hurting us? Why didn’t he stop this war? Why hasn’t he saved us from all of this carnage? If this God everyone seems to believe in actually cared, he would do something about all of this, but you know what, Felix? He doesn’t care…not one bit. Especially about you and me.”

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram
            Freedom's Fire set to release Spring/Summer 2024

RAE
            @rae
              • Total Posts: 3026

@freed_and_redeemed

Hans needs another hug…

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
              Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

freedom
              @freed_and_redeemed

@rae he always needs a hug😭

LoopyLin
                @loopylin
                  • Total Posts: 2062

@mineralizedwritings Aw, Kaine! That scene was really cool I want to read more

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin
                    • Total Posts: 2062

@freed_and_redeemed Poor Hans 🙁

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

HighScribe
                    @highscribeofaetherium
                      • Total Posts: 2238

Aaaaaaand… looks like Wyoh ate my post.

*sighs*

Anyways, I asked if the font is weird for anyone else?

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Koshka
                      @koshka
                        • Total Posts: 1428

@freed_and_redeemed

Freedom! *Slams hands down on table* Why are you trying to make me sympathetic for Hans? I thought he was a villian. This is not allowed!

Because I may get too attached. *Sniffles and storms away*

Interesting scene though. XD

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

freedom
                        @freed_and_redeemed

@highscribeofaetherium Yeah it’s looking a little different XD

@loopylin
                          Ikr? 😔

@koshka

Welllllllllll this is before he became a villain. And yes, it actually is allowed, last I checked.

*follows you with tissues* Don’t worry, I don’t think you’ll get too attached…maybe. Idk, I feel sorry for him when he was younger and I do wish his story could have ended differently, but I’m not super attached bc I also know the other things he’s chosen to do 😅

like torture Riker for weeks🤷‍♀️😭💀

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

ok, it was more like weeks, but still XD

Koshka
                            @koshka
                              • Total Posts: 1428

@freed_and_redeemed

Still. *crosses arms* XD

I do understand though. Most of my antagonists are the MCs, but I do have a several villains and antiheros scattered through out. Along with a few I sometimes feel sorry for everything I’ve done to them.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

freedom
                              @freed_and_redeemed

@koshka

Yeah, I get that, haha.

I don’t think you’ll like him after this scene I’m writing rn tho (not going to be in a book, just something I’m writing to kinda explore Hans a bit 😅)

😬

Scoutillus Finch
                                @scoutfinch180
                                  • Total Posts: 413

@freed_and_redeemed

Definitely! I never properly researched the era when I was still in Highschool, but it really was a fascinating time in history!

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,236 through 5,250 (of 5,673 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >