The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,111 through 4,125 (of 6,581 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1405

@rae

I’m so sorry you’ve been going through that. I can’t imagine how hard that would be for you and your family.

I struggle with that sometimes as well, even though I can’t completely relate to your situation, sometimes when I look at the things going on in the world it’s hard to see how God is allowing it. But @trailblazer and @whalekeeper had some really good advice.

I’ll be praying for you and your family ❤️❤️

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ~ Anne Shirley.

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@rae Girl, I hate that you’re going through that. I know that saying “I’m sorry” and trying to give you advice won’t help, so let me tell you this: You are not alone.

It’s hard, when we see the darkness in the world, to just be like: “OH, well, this is fine…God will work this out.”

Trust me, I know. I’ve been there. I’ve questioned God, I’ve doubted God, I’ve raged at God, wondering how he could let bad things happen, how he could let evil continue, how he could let those I loved go through pain that I couldn’t even fathom.

Even now, I struggle when I see my grandparents go through pain, and I’m just like, “God, why don’t you do something??”

I know this isn’t easy, and knowing that I can’t fix what you’re going through, I just want to offer my listening ear. I’m here for you, Rae, whenever you need me, I’m here💕

I want to end this small post with one thing I have learned through my own journey…

One of my favorite songs, “Questions” by 7eventh Time Down has a sentence in their song that says: “He is not afraid of your Questions…”, and that leads into what I want to say:

God isn’t afraid of your doubt, your questions, and yes, even your anger. He’s not going to leave you because you’re angry at him.

Look at David in the Bible…I mean, the book of Psalms is full of raw stuff! God is never afraid to hear your anger…he wants you to honest with him, and if that means being angry with him, then he’s brave enough and willing enough to take it <3

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings @smiley @euodia-vision @keilah-h @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6

I have Aesthetics for Leon/Riker in their 3rd novel, “Fully Redeemed”!! 🥰🥰

Anonymous

And…Riker’s 🥰🥰

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 4732

@freedomwriter76 nice aesthetics!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

hybridlore
              @hybridlore
                • Total Posts: 1405

@freedomwriter76

Great job! Wait, does Riker play the violin? I might’ve asked that before, I can’t remember if it was him or someone else XD

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ~ Anne Shirley.

Sara
                @savannah_grace2009
                  • Total Posts: 2535

Hey everyone!
                  Can you guys pray for me? I’ve been struggling to get motivation to continue my WIP, and it’s really frustrating me, lol.

Lukas&Livia
                  #Lalbert
                  Sef&Chase
                  #HOTTOLINE
                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                  @savannah_grace2009

Ohhh, and anybody want to join me in a writing sprint? I’m starting at :50 and ending at :05 but could go longer. I’m trying not to procrastinate writing any longer, lol

Lukas&Livia
                    #Lalbert
                    Sef&Chase
                    #HOTTOLINE
                    LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3428

@savannah_grace2009

I’ll be praying for you!! I totally understand not having motivation. 😅 Right now, I have a lot of momentum, but about the last two months, I didn’t get much writing done because I just kept procrastinating. 😬 I wish I could give you advice, but I don’t think I really have anything expect make yourself write. XD Because that’s the only way I get myself to do it. 😂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                      @esther-c

And how’d your writing sprint go? (I would’ve joined you but I was busy eating dinner. XD)

Allison
                        @acancello
                          • Total Posts: 842

@savannah_grace2009

I’ll pray for you, I have been going through that recently also. Like Esther said, making yourself write would be good, I did that but I started at a scene I really wanted to write, I know that doesn’t always work for people, but that helped me 🙂 Also activities with your characters are fun, (Love letters to each other, your character writing an advice column in the newspaper,  prompts like, “If your character had one million dollars, what would they do with it?” or “They can see one person for an hour, who would it be?” are fun to do. Another thing is to write. Just take out a piece of paper, sit down and write without thinking. See what you come up with!)

Hope that helps!

"Would you kindly...?"

Sara
                          @savannah_grace2009

@esther-c @acancello

Thanks for your prayers! Today I had a really big breakthrough and was able to start writing again, so thank you!

I actually had the breakthrough on the writing sprint, so it went great!

Lukas&Livia
                            #Lalbert
                            Sef&Chase
                            #HOTTOLINE
                            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
                            @esther-c

@savannah_grace2009

That’s awesome!! So happy for you! 😊

Sara
                              @savannah_grace2009

@esther-c

Awwww thanks! <3

Lukas&Livia
                                #Lalbert
                                Sef&Chase
                                #HOTTOLINE
                                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
                                @esther-c

I don’t want to make a whole other topic for this, so I’m posting my question(s) here. XD

So, I’m having some trouble editing my WIP. (This is not my NaNo WIP. I was ahead on NaNo, so I decided to do some editing today). Originally, the first chapter wasn’t the most exciting. It was more a slice-of-life kind of thing that introduces who one of my main characters is and gives some background info.

But I’m not sure if it should have more action or not. I like the first chapter, but if I read a chapter like that in someone’s else book, I’m sure if I’d be hooked or not. What do you guys think about this?

Also, the biggest trouble I’m having with the first book in my trilogy, (which is the WIP I was just talking about), is portraying my theme without it being cheesy. I have a plan on how to do that in books two and three, but I’m struggling to do that sooo much in the first book. I want my characters’ struggles to be real, but I feel like I’m just making them cheesy and they overcome their problems too easily. I know the problem, I’m just not sure how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,111 through 4,125 (of 6,581 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >