The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,096 through 4,110 (of 5,674 total)
  • Author
    hanako
    @hanako
      • Total Posts: 171

@rae

Oh wow! I thought everyone already knew! Yeah, they both come from our fictional land of Extriot!

"We don't play to win, we win by playing."

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3027

@hanako

Well, you know, I’m an insane horse girl with blue eyes that freak my friend’s dog out. I also can be a little hard headed. Half the time I read inbtween lines, and the other time I can’t see my hand in front of my face!

Extriot…how did that name come to be? Tis a strange name, a curious one.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
        Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

hanako
        @hanako

@rae

lol ha ha!

Umm..I don’t know. But all the lands/countries in the planet start with a E.

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

Whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Total Posts: 2637

@rae

If God listens to me, he just ignores anything I say. The times I’ve asked him over and over again to just help me, nothing changes. Even something as simple as remembering to read my Bible every single day, he just isn’t listening and responding.

I know God’s not dead, but sometimes I just wonder if he ignores what we say. If he just breaks lives and families, changes normal to a nightmare just for the fun of rebuilding what he destroyed.

I know I’m just a random onlooker here, but I’m throwing in my two cents.

God does not ignore you. Just because life is not the way you want it to be, doesn’t mean he doesn’t want what’s best for you. In fact, when life is hard, that’s exactly when the change and growth begins. If you’re asking for everything to be fixed right away, maybe God is waiting because he wants you to realize the process of growth and its effects on you.

Reading your Bible every day is great, but… God isn’t looking for your good Christian deeds and saying, “oh, look, she’s being good, I should fix everything for her now.”

I guess what I’m saying is, God doesn’t have to give you exactly what you want. Because usually you don’t know what’s best for you. What he’s doing for you right now is better than anything you could pray for.

As for those things being difficult.

Like, I’ve dealt with a lot of things so far in my short life, especially in the last three years. This includes moving twice, changing school friend groups, living through Covid in the middle of that, an extremely sick parent who is still sick, constant home disasters, generational trauma. It’s all there. And it took me three years to kind of get comfortable.

Am I still in that situation? Yeah. But I can guarantee you I am older, wiser, and a bucket load more emotionally mature. My church has become a family. The world makes so much more sense now. I went to a messed up carnival full of disgusting, lost people for a whole week to evangelize, and I felt powerful.

It’s literally character development.

So I don’t think God is wrong to let us go through stuff like this.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
            @whalekeeper

Lol just random comment, ignore me if u want

RAE
              @rae

@hanako

Interesting. Why’d you choose E?

hanako
                @hanako

@rae

Ah..no particular reason. It was just the first country and then we added others that started with an E. 🙂

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

RAE
                  @rae

@whalekeeper

Okay…I think I get it, maybe.

RAE
                    @rae

@hanako

That makes sense.

Ummm…questions questions questions…Do you have a question? (That counts Right?)

Whaley
                      @whalekeeper

@rae

It’s all about looking beyond the hurt… if that makes sense 🙂 Having that foresight and trust.

hanako
                        @hanako

@rae

lol no questions! 😂

Or maybe one…where is Sara!? She was just on a little bit ago. And now all the boy charries are going to take over the rp again!

-Fellowship Bible Chapel

RAE
                          @rae

@hanako

Sara just posted on Character Party.

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@rae

Hey you have like, angels and similar stuff in your project? I love working with that stuff! I actually considering calling my WIP something like Guardian Angels, but haven’t decided yet 😂

RAE
                              @rae

@whalekeeper

Ummm…so, I don’t really have angels as characters, but I do have some things that line up to where my MC says at the end, “Let’s just say I now firmly believe in guardian angels.”

He actually was saved from death by “floating on air, nothing but air!” And as mentioned, things just have lined up in his life, it also goes with the message.

If that all makes sense.

The full title is Guardian Angels, a space story.

Trailblazer
                                @trailblazer
                                  • Total Posts: 606

@rae @whalekeeper

I know I’m a little late to this conversation, but I wanted to add a few of my thoughts. First of all, Rae, thanks for being vulnerable and sharing what you’re going through. I think a lot of Christians are afraid to say what they feel because they’re afraid no one else knows how they feel, or they’re afraid others won’t know how to react. I can’t pretend that I’ve gone through the same things you have (although I’ve had my fair share of challenges, too), but I want you to know that those thoughts and emotions are valid, and burying them will only cause it to fester.

Forgive me if I’m being too straightforward, but God’s been teaching me a lot about His character, and so I want to address a lie I see here. First, God is not the one afflicting you. God isn’t going to cause bad things to happen to you; our enemy, satan, is the one who steals, kills, and destroys. Sometimes our own choices allow things to happen, sometimes it’s circumstances beyond our control, but God is not the one tearing lives apart. That’s the work of the devil, and I can assure you, God’s heart towards you is not to harm you. (Jeremiah 29:11)

So then why does He allow bad things to happen to us? I can’t pretend to have all the answers, and I don’t know if any of us will fully be able to understand until we get to heaven, but I think a big part of it is what Whaley was saying- He takes the circumstances in our lives to grow us and mature us, so that we can then come out on the other side stronger and more victorious. In turn, we can then help other people walking through the same things.

God is not afraid of your pain or your questions. He’s not offended that you’re angry at Him. His heart is full of compassion for you, and it breaks His heart to see you struggling. I know it may not feel like He’s close or He’s listening, but the truth is He promises NEVER to leave or forsake us, regardless of how we feel. Trust me, there have been plenty of times in my life when I felt like He wasn’t close, but that’s exactly what the devil wanted me to believe. If the devil could get me to believe He wasn’t there (even though He was, and I was just too blinded to see that He was), then I could stop turning to Him with my problems and try to solve it in my own strength.

He may not heal your heart in an instant. Sometimes it takes time, because He has to uproot the lies we’re believing. Last year I went through a difficult friendship that caused me so much emotional pain, and it took a long time for me to realize God was trying to get me to let go of it because it wasn’t good for me. I kept asking Him why it was happening, and the only answer I ever got was, “Trust Me. Trust that I know what’s best for you.” It was only after I surrendered it to God and walked away from that relationship that I was able to identify the lies I was believing and see just how patiently God had been walking through it with me. It still took a process of healing even after that, but I’ve learned so much more about His character and His heart towards us through all of it. Do I wish it would not have drawn out as long as it did? Yes, but I don’t think I would have learned what I did, and as a result, I’m better equipped to notice red flags in a friendship in the future.

That was long, but I hope it’s encouraging to you. No matter what you feel or think, God loves you and He has your best interest in mind. It may not look the way you think it should, but He knows what’s best for you in the long run, and I believe He’s going to bring you out of this with a powerful testimony to encourage others.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Viewing 15 posts - 4,096 through 4,110 (of 5,674 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >